Broadband Recommendations

Hi there

I am based in Aberdeenshire and my current 18 month broadband contract is with BT and ends on the 10th September 2019.

I am on the "Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited" package and currently paying £52.49 a month which looking around is pretty high.

I have been considering EE as my mobile contract is with them so I would get 5GB extra data on that.

Anyone else with them and if so how do you find them?

Any other recommendations?

Also, I have never switched before - am I best to wait until my contract ends or can I think about changing now? Via EE chat they said I can switch now and they cover up to £50 of any termination charge but not sure how reliable that is.

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yeah start the switch now. It usually take 2-3 weeks and you should be able to select from install dates.

I’m with EE. No complaints

Also look at now tv.

Vodafone have a great off ending today.

£23. Plus £100 voucher.
  • I am with Plusnet and pay £27 a month for the same speeds as the Superfast Fibre 2 unlimited (I think)

Went with them to get the £75 reward card that was being offered at the time, no idea what deal they have now.

No phone calls included but I don't use a landline and don't even have a phone to plug into the socket.

Broadband has been fine so far.

Owing to their customer service I wouldn't use NowTV if it was free. Just my opinion based on personal experience. I am sure they are fine for others.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• AndyPK
    I’ve used now tv for 12 months and it’s been fine
  • AndyPK wrote: »
    I’ve used now tv for 12 months and it’s been fine

I thought you were with EE for broadband?

NowTV seem to be fine for television but my experiences with them regarding broadband mean I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. I am sure others are perfectly happy with the service.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Now TV over any BB provider as opposed to Now TV Broadband .
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If the service is OK, just the price is uncompetitive, have you tried their customer retentions ?, there are many examples of people with seemingly the same products but paying a wide range of prices for the same things, may be worth a chat with them to see what they can offer.
    If you don’t want the hassle of negotiating, then the really cheap providers get a mixed press, people seems to report them as fine when the service works, possibly less good customer service if/when things go wrong.
  • AndyPK
    edited 24 August 2019 at 7:29PM
    My parents house are with EE but I deal with it.

Nowtv and my house.
    I have had to contact them when caller is became free. As I wanted it.
    And also when there was a fault with the line, which OR fixed quickly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport