Motorists - What annoys you most about cyclists

Comments

• real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    JQ. wrote: »
    I've fixed that for you - must try harder!

Are you really so stupid that you don't understand what taxes pay for the maintenance of our roads?

Feel free to read the Highway Code, you may find it enlightening.

Personally when I'm driving, cars, buses, vans and lorries get in my way a lot more than bicycles do.

It's excellent, as it identifies the mentally challenged to the rest of the Forum. Keep up the good work. :beer:
    Fixed a couple there for you. If you spend your time picking up minor errors you should ensure your own posts are not littered with them. :cool:
  • JQ.
    JQ. Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    real1314 wrote: »
    Fixed a couple there for you. If you spend your time picking up minor errors you should ensure your own posts are not littered with them. :cool:

I don't agree that the contruction of my second sentence was gramatically incorrect (although I could be wrong). However, it's a fair cop on alot, got to hold my hands up to that one.

But then I guess we're both as bad as each other ;) :
    real1314 wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of what zebedee had done - wow!

but, on topic, just because some councils do not stick to the rules, doesn't mean people should just roll over.
    the local government ombudsman is the right place for this sort of thing to be addressed, and I don't see why the OP shouldn't pursue this.

:cool:

I should know better than to correct other's grammer, when I'm not great myself, however I find it difficult not to mention it when there are so many !!!!!! statements in a single OP. :A
  • pr0berts wrote: »
    Hi,

To give a balance view I thought I'd start covering the other side of the fence.

Cyclists - Pay no road tax but expect the same rights as motor vehicle users

Cyclists - Consistently ride side by side just to be a pain the !!!

Cyclists - Get in the way.

Love the new forum keep up the good work!!:beer:

So essentially you get annoyed with cyclists obeying the highway code. Do pedestrians using pavements and crossing the road on a green man annoy you too?
    It's only numbers.
  • droiderm
    droiderm Posts: 778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The way they go in front of you at a red light.
    You can't always pull away as fast as you like.

Cycling real slow when you have no room to overtake. Ie when your in the left hand lane of a two lane road.

Riding two deep.

I once had a cyclist move to my front left at a junction at some red lights.
    I was turning left and he right. Suffice to say i couldn't move until he had cut across in front of me .

I could write a book if i wasn't on my phone.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    droiderm wrote: »

I could write a book if i wasn't on my phone.

yeah some drivers have that affliction
  • Dave_C_2
    Dave_C_2 Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    motorists cant do no handers,and wheelies.

Or croggies.
    Last heard "croggies" as a teenager in the North East some 40 or so years ago.

Dave, feeling old and living in the Midlands.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Hi folks, I'm moving this thread to the Motoring Board:

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • brat
    brat Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    With all the whingeing about cyclists, it's probably appropriate to remind ourselves that if every road user was punished for every road traffic offence we committed over the last six months, there would only be cyclists on the road.

Heaven!!
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
  • Buellguy
    Buellguy Posts: 629 Forumite
    brat wrote: »
    With all the whingeing about cyclists, it's probably appropriate to remind ourselves that if every road user was punished for every road traffic offence we committed over the last six months, there would only be cyclists on the road.

Heaven!!

erm no, cos most of them wouldn't be on the road either. Don't get me wrong, no-one is perfect, as a motorcyclist I see loads of stuff, like the certain female who I had a go at for being on the phone, when we pulled up at the next set of lights she had the temerity to say 'well, you ride a bike, you must speed all the time', my comment back was ' well I'm the one that has been doing 30 through a 30 and YOU are the one that has just tried to overtake me!!' (oh, and yep, it was a BMW X5)
  • FATBALLZ
    FATBALLZ Posts: 5,146 Forumite
    What annoys me is that with their improved phsyique, health and muscle tone they take a larger proportion of attractive females leaving an uglier selection of females for fat, angry and lazy male motorists with piles from sitting down too much to select from.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure