Got pulled by the Police last night..

Options

Comments

• mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    Lokolo wrote: »
    Do you never go over 30 in a 30 can I ask?

And do you not get annoyed when cars go 10mph along 30mph roads?
    mikey72 wrote: »
    I'm sure we all have, just never heard of it being the cars fault for not being able to go slowly enough. It'll still go up at 30mph in second, then when it won't anymore, you change into first, and carry on at 10mph. That's how I do it, and it's not illegal.

Well, I've answered that.

Do I get annoyed if I'm following a fiesta struggling to get up a 1 in 2 hill in first gear?

No, why on earth should I? Who on earth would be driving like that by choice? I'd change down and follow him up. I think you need to cut other drivers some slack as well by the sound of it.
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 January 2011 at 4:48PM
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »
    You implied it.

No I didn't.
    Well, I've answered that.

Do I get annoyed if I'm following a fiesta struggling to get up a 1 in 2 hill in first gear?

No, why on earth should I? Who on earth would be driving like that by choice? I'd change down and follow him up. I think you need to cut other drivers some slack as well by the sound of it.
    TBH I do the same when it's other drivers, I just don't like being the one at the head of the queue. Weird, maybe, but that's me :) I am not exactly one of those drivers that goes in the third lane of the motorway who flash people to get out of the way so they can continue going 120mph.

- edit -

Ignoring the issue of whether speeding should be done, not done etc. I didn't expect him to be so rude to me. If he said "Look, you were going over the speed limit, you shouldn't be doing that so slow down", or "I am going to pull you over as you were speeding, heres a fine" fair enough. But he didn't. He spoke to me very arrogantly and rude, which IMO noone should do to anyone.
  • clever_username
    Options
    I am not exactly one of those drivers that goes in the third lane of the motorway who flash people to get out of the way so they can continue going 120mph.
    Certainly not in a 1.1 Fiesta with four gears... :)
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    And do you not get annoyed when cars go 10mph along 30mph roads?

You did imply it at this post.

I don't get annoyed by drivers driving at the correct speed for prevailing conditions, even if that is 5 mph.
  • Lokolo
    Options
    Certainly not in a 1.1 Fiesta with four gears... :)

I have a new car silly! A little better than the fiesta :p
  • GEEGEE8
    GEEGEE8 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    Options
    SVM wrote: »
    GeeGee8

You sound like a fun loving girl, eg motorbikes, skiing etc. If I were you, I wouldn't bother getting the rear wiper repaired, just break it off and spend your money on living life. Advice that perhaps others need to pay heed to!

PS - you don't need that wiper, just wipe it clean on occasions!

What a lovely comment, thank you :)
    9/70lbs to lose :)
  • GEEGEE8
    GEEGEE8 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    Options
    Lokolo - I used to have mopeds when I was younger and it was a fine art to make it to the top of some hills, so I know what you are saying.

I've had a 1.4 (I think) 206 when I was younger and struggled on some roads if I wasn't in the right gear. Better car and more experience and I'm okay now.

Right well.. *update*

I've been to the Peugeot dealer. A nice chap from the workshop came out and advised me it is the motor and arm that need replacing, seemed a really cool guy and said eBay is my best bet if I need to do it as low cost as possible, and they would still fit it, probably take half hour.

He said I could fit it myself if I wanted to give it a go but to watch the glass rear window.

Price they quoted for the motor and arm, £170 :( £40 of that is labour.

I already took off the inner panel and have located the motor, it's just attached with allen keys, so if I can get a cheap replacement motor and arm I might try to fit it myself.

If not, I'll take the arm off and try and find a nice shiny cap to cover the protruding bolt with and then silicone it onto the glass :)
    9/70lbs to lose :)
  • laughingboy
    Options
    I have a new car silly! A little better than the fiesta :p

Is this the Mazda2 sport?

Poor students indeed.
  • Lokolo
    Options
    Is this the Mazda2 sport?

Poor students indeed.

Mazda3 TS2 :)

Mazda2?! Are you kidding me? They look like KAs! People on this forum already think I'm female, I need to get a more "manly" car than that ha.

And yes poor students, I didn't do a placement and save my money in order to pay for that car at all...
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    the used to stop my husband all the time. His crime, wearing a hoody on his way to work at 4am while driving my car!! That think was a police magnet, I was only stopped once and I vomitted on the 'nice' policemans shoes :D
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family