The Sub Prime Credit Thread - Part V

Comments

• BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Asked flybe to send me another card as i have lost the other one how long exactly do i have to wait,if anyone as experienced a replacement from sygma...
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    star-fire wrote: »
    Asked flybe to send me another card as i have lost the other one how long exactly do i have to wait,if anyone as experienced a replacement from sygma...

Lol, I had to order replacement cards and it took nearly four weeks!

Their telephone agents can be absolutely incompetent.

After several weeks of complaining and chasing up the replacements, two of each card I held with them arrived on the same day :p
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • BugsyBrowne
    izools wrote: »
    Lol, I had to order replacement cards and it took nearly four weeks!

Their telephone agents can be absolutely incompetent.

After several weeks of complaining and chasing up the replacements, two of each card I held with them arrived on the same day :p

Lol i need it because i need to re-register for their updated online account,and can't without my card.
  • izools
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Lol i need it because i need to re-register for their updated online account,and can't without my card.

Yeah which reminds me I need to speak to them about that.

They don't use the black blobs or asterisks for any of the information you have to enter to log in. Incredibly easy to compromise users details.

Good side though you can do balance xfers and request limit increases online now.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • BugsyBrowne
    Yeah which reminds me I need to speak to them about that.

They don't use the black blobs or asterisks for any of the information you have to enter to log in. Incredibly easy to compromise users details.

Good side though you can do balance xfers and request limit increases online now.

Got to wait until october 16th for my 2nd increase.
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    The debt is from 9 years ago and i was told 2 years ago that it was statute barred, so i also have no idea why its going on file now.

Is there anything i can do to stop it? I just spoke to the people at checkyourfile who said everything is dropped off, but yes there are the 3 searchs from debt collectors.

Will it be a case of these people will just keep selling it on and then everytime i do the buyer does another search on my account?

This debt started because my overdraft interest took me a few pound over my £100 buffer overdraft limit. The letter and £8 daily charge meant by the time i found out i was £70+ in charges, i argued with them and the daily charges and letters kept adding up until it hit £600 and i then told them i was not paying, that they should freeze it and take me to court. I then left to work abroad for many years, did not even have any banking in the UK and was not on the roll.

Here we are today, as i said before, if i had actually paid the charges i would have likely got them back now. The whole point that made me fight, was the sheer reluctance on the banks part to even see that the charges were ridiculous for the crime.

In a way they have done me a favour as im 33 and owe nothing, maybe if id got years of credit i would not be saying that now.

Regardless of how old the debt is, debt collection agencies will do anything and everything they possibly can to get you to cough up the money. I suspect you'll be receiving a letter through the post soon saying you owe £xx amount, they'll demand payment and threaten you with court action in the sheer hope that you'll be stupid enough to hand it over, without realising it is statue barred.

You can either just ignore any letters they send, or you can write them one back telling them to bug*er off because you know it's statue barred. As long as you don't acknowledge that the debt is yours, you could send them a nice little parcel of dog feces if you wished and there's nothing they can do. :D
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • chexum
    chexum Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Zack1 wrote: »
    Once you've done this and made sure it's paid off properly (if it's DD just make sure you check for the bill online and check you have the money in your account around the billing date) and then just put the sim somewhere and leave it to build up history :)

Watch out if you actually find that SIM again, and start using it. Direct debits expire if they go unused for some time, usually 13 months, but it can depend on the bank and the originator.

BTW, it's less obvious that an "airtime" contract counts for credit applications, but it clearly suggests responsibility, and shows that you are capable of handling different financial commitments, which should make you earn some credit karma at least. :cool:
    Enjoy the silence...
  • izools
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Got to wait until october 16th for my 2nd increase.

I should be able to get the second increase on my Silver card towards the end of October, too. Happy days :beer:
  • BugsyBrowne
    I should be able to get the second increase on my Silver card towards the end of October, too. Happy days :beer:

You have the same limit as me any idea what the limit they will stick us at.
  • onefortheroad_2
    onefortheroad_2 Posts: 183 Forumite
    edited 2 September 2010 at 7:35PM
    You have the same limit as me any idea what the limit they will stick us at.

like the first one £1000 to £1300 = 30%
    up it by 30% of your limit so that works out about £390 they up your by on a limit of £1300
    silver limit £1000 jjb limit £250
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport