MSE News: Barclays offers switchers double rewards for a year

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 May 2018 at 11:27AM
    18cc wrote: »
    I think that if you apply online as a new customer and for whatever reason your application is not accepted there and then and you don't get a chance to go to the switching webpage and they ask you to take two forms of ID into a branch then that means you will also have to go to the branch to switch

I have confirm this with the barclays switching team and also my own experience

In a way it means you are one jump ahead simply because you set up the switch & prove who you are all in one go.

If you instigate a switch online even without problems you still have to go into a branch to prove your identity and the switch will not go ahead until your docs have been checked..

have transferred money in- all £800 of it!- but now can't get it out! well not online. Could go to a machine in town , draw it out and return to different accounts in person. Fortunately not a financial problem.
    Card readers are going to be needed. I already have 2 maybe I need a Barclays one to complete the set??
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggyduvets,26 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=160 £86 spent!!!
  • Do you realise you can use other banks card reader for your Barclays account.

Cheers
  • That's interesting.

Anyone verify this as at the moment I just end up with yet another account! :)
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • The blue rewards option is one of the clearer things on their https server. ;)
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Anyone verify this as at the moment I just end up with yet another account! :)
    Yes, most of them are interchangeable except First Direct and maybe HSBC. I use my Barclays one for all my accounts and leave the others in a drawer
  • Card readers are generic or at least I was able to use my Tesco one (I think) whilst I waited for my Barclays one to show up. ;)
  • Katiehound
    Do you realise you can use other banks card reader for your Barclays account.

Cheers
    Yes
    Been there , done that, bought the tee shirt! However the situation with Natwest meant that I had to wait a reasonable time (such as allowing for delivery|) before I could use my Nationwide reader! It would not let me straight in
    Many thanks
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggyduvets,26 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=160 £86 spent!!!
  • Thanks, but I think you have your/my posts muddled. ;)
  • Katiehound
    Thanks, but I think you have your/my posts muddled. ;)

sorry what post are you referring to?
    It often helps to quote the post first that you are answering as there are often two or three points going on at the same time and it gets muddled (to put it mildly!)
    Many thanks

• still getting this though "9802 - Sorry - you do not have any accounts from which we can set up a payment."

I have my card and PIN. I have begun the switching process by taking in ID to branch. I've managed to transfer money in, but get that message above when i click "transfer"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure