PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th September 2017

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon

Hello White Musk, you do as much or little as you can each day, everything will come round again in a couple of week. Nice to have you along with us.
    What are you dogs names? I am a cat person, but dogs are welcome as well :)

Well long drive is done............tide was in today, family ok.

Kitchen is done and not a lot else.

MrsMP my mother use to invite all ill kids round when we were kids to ensure we caught any thing going!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi all

Ive been away for a long time! But joining back in since quitting my job and trying to get organised again.

So I'm in for this week. Only managed level one both days so far but at least its a start :D

Marvellous Monday - Love your lounge

Level 1

[STRIKE]Open Windows
    Plump cushions
    Empty Bins
    Remove anything which doesn't belong here
    Deal with magazines/newspapers - recycle the old ones
    Attend to cut flowers and pot plants
    [/STRIKE]
    Level 2

Vacuum upholstery inc under seat pads
    Dust around everywhere
    Make sure logs are in and drying - autumn's looming
    Wipe light switches/sockets and places where sticky fingers linger

Level 3

Vacuum/mop floors
    Clean Windows
    Clean light fittings
    Make sure your sitting room/lounge/whatever you call it is ready for the most important people in your life - your family - to relax in.

Extras

Check you have spare light bulbs in because they blow at the most inconvenient time.
    get all smoke detectors tested and replace batteries
    Make any routine appointments
    HHI
    And if the kiddiwinks have gone back to school and you have time at home alone, then sit down with a book, and a cuppa, and RELAX for half and hour. If you haven't got any kids relax anyway...if reading's not your bag what about a nice, long UNINTERRUPTED bath...or snooze... you get the idea

Triffic Tuesday

Bathroom blitz....

Are you ready Steve?. Uh uh, Andy? Yeah Mick? Okay alright fellas...

Let's goooooooo

Level one

[STRIKE]Open windows
    Remove rubbish
    Take toothglass downstairs for washing
    Remove towels
    [/STRIKE]

Have a good evening everyone and see you tomorrow :)
    On a mission
  • I'm so sorry, I should have thanked everyone for their warm welcome - thank you :-)

I've just had dinner, one of my favourites, poached smoked haddock, small baby potato's and steamed veg, I'm feeling rather stuffed. I love little potato's as I don't have to peel them much (I struggle with grip) veg is frozen fish easily poached.

My dogs are two little boys Toffee a very old Yorkshire terrier and Dexter a much younger chihuahua. They are both little snuggle bugs who love to curl up on my lap or right beside me on the couch head on my lap lol. I like cats too, we used to have them years ago. It was interesting being their servant lol.

I'm done for the day except the washing up which is a job that takes me a little while but I just couldn't bare to get up in the morning to face them.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,706
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I got all of 'em on 7"
    They have been in the attic since 1998 - when we moved in here.
    I so want to fling stuff from up there; I can't get up there.
    Even the Vallikids have leanred to love Sweet!

Been flying at work. We're ready for them now.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,402
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone :wave:
    Welcome White_musk and welcome back lauradora.

Big (((hugs)) to Natty.

Glad to see that Bossy & co had a good holiday :j and that pigpen found the uniform :rotfl:
    Hope your DD feels better by Friday, mrs-mp.
    You're now another day nearer the end of term, Froddy :T

Sorry to have been MIA for a week or so. I did manage to get my assignment finished and submitted just before the midday deadline on Friday, though the last 1000 words may have been "Wibble, wibble, wibble..." and I've slept for the past 4 days to make up for lost zzzz in the previous week.

DH is getting better slowly and has taken himself off to model railway club this evening. He said he wouldn't stay long, but I have made two phonecalls and cleaned the bathroom since he went out!

I've also done WMx5 :eek: but had to use the TD because it's been pouring most of the day. Fortunately Rosie and I hit a break in the rain clouds when we went out for an hour this afternoon, but having had only one walk today she wants lots of attention this evening and has been demolishing the contents of my waste paper bin, so tomorrow's first job will be to clear up all the bits of chewed paper.

Other than the bathroom, my house needs a lot of TLC, what with flying having been off the agenda for the past month. I need to get it sparkling before we go on holiday on Saturday.

A Flymeet will be taking place in the middle of Dartmoor next Monday :D

Off to watch GBBO on catch-up.

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round x
  • Morning all
    Today I need to sew dd2s bridesmaid dress as it's showing too much cleavage! Finish dgs bow tie, finish knitting lace edge and get it sewn on, ring to book meal for mils 90th birthday, dye my hair, ...

I read this as 'Finish dog's bow tie'.
    Valli wrote: »

Been flying at work. We're ready for them now.

We got them today. Everybody's still being incredibly nice to me. This is weird.

They've asked for me to move into just my specialty subjects, rather than running in four directions at once. And far less donkey work, which suits me fine. This can't be right.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,646
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Welcome White_Musk and return of Lauradora

Zumba this morning.
    Finished enormous frog that's been hanging for months or even years - putting any training I've done onto the official web site. It's been in notebooks, piles, folders etc and is now sorted. I have to renew my assessor certificate every 3 yrs which is a right procedure, and mine is due in April so reviewed my training log and hurriedly looked for "approved" courses as 25% of any CPD has to be from official (and expensive ) sources.
    Got clothes etc sorted and packed as we're off to my mum's tomorrow (after a meeting at uni) for a few days helping her, then BIL, with serious pruning and shredding in the garden. So please shine the sun near Bournemouth.
    Rest of house ok apart from having given up de-webbing it, more cobwebs than dust in my house (which is saying something).
    Sent a few necessary emails and filled in some forms.
    It must be autumn as I caught a glimpse of some small furry creature under my printer shelf yesterday......had planned to pull everything out and vacuum but just realised I haven't done that. Fit it in tomorrow as well as gathering apples, tomatoes, beans, pears to take to mum's; going for a run then leaving for my meeting by 10am. Unlikely I feel.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Evening! Survived another day but lots of people already fed up with the management talking to us like we are 5 years old and / or being rude and snappy. I just glad it's not only me ......
    Valli wrote: »
    Always assuming you don't go off sick...

Sending you coping vibes:T:T

We have had our classroom admired:cool:

Thanks Valli x If it wasn't for the children, I'd seriously consider going off sick. Thankfully, I have fab, supportive TAs so we may just shut the classroom door and hide!! Congrats on you classroom admiration :T
    ionafan wrote: »
    You're now another day nearer the end of term, Froddy :T

A Flymeet will be taking place in the middle of Dartmoor next Monday :D

Yep - first day with the children tomorrow!!

I think more Flymeets are needed . . . . . . .:D

White musk - welcome to the [STRIKE]madhouse [/STRIKE]thread :D

Bought a vacuum in Mr S tonight and so far it seems good although I only had a quick go with it - sum total of today's flying :o

Night all, sleep well xx
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm giving up for the week but not before I send hugs to Natty. Work is always crazy before and after I go away...the joys of self employment.

I'll be back next week xx
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,917
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I want a flymeet I can go to.. seriously we should..
    I want a night out on the lash.. and getting very very drunk and talking to god, any god, but Loki sounds fun, and I like Thors biiiiiiig ... hammer...
    I want to drive.. this I am working on! Purple range rover is on next years christmas list!
    I want to lose 4 or maybe 5 stone.. without doing anything that will cause aggro to my geriatric hip.. and I am not going swimming.. that water has weird old man saggy scrotums in it.. I am not getting in there! I have a plan, I don't like it, but I have one!
    I want at least 3 lots of cosmetic surgery.. these are my reward for losing that 4-5 stone!
    I want a decent job for my rather wonderful OH because I rather like him.. and I want him to not go to bed at 8:30 because I'm not that old..

You have no idea how many swear words my head put in this.. I'd like to put a % every time I missed one but it would be unreadable!

What am I actually doing??

Sat here, watching a crappy film, doing my knitting, weighing 83 tonnes and sliiiightly high on pain meds, but they taste so good! (honestly I'm kidding, I'm just very bored and somewhat sleep deprived).. I should stop posting again because I haven't cleaned a thing in months! Hahahaha!!!

On a high I can still spell AND my migraine doesnt hurt any more.. my left knee hates me.. tomorrow we will check out the knitting.. I've just finished row 25! It is going to become a rainbow blanket for the next grandbeast.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts