Honda UK Complaint

2»

Comments

• dhesford16
    dhesford16 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Thanks Andy. The garage told there are no signs of driver error. The garage told me today that the part that failed (the flywheel) can usually be expected to do 75,000 miles. The clutch can be significantly less.
  • dhesford16
    Depends what you call bad? Unable to select a gear? Clutch pedal stuck to the floor? As the clutch is designed to facilitate changing gear I would suggest its relatively bad?
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    dhesford16 wrote: »
    Thanks Andy. The garage told there are no signs of driver error. The garage told me today that the part that failed (the flywheel) can usually be expected to do 75,000 miles. The clutch can be significantly less.

I’ve just reread you’re OP, the flywheel is 11 years old not 18 months.
  • dhesford16
    My concern exactly
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My concern exactly

So wear and tear on an aging part.
  • dhesford16
    ????? It was allegedly replaced 18 months ago????
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ????? It was allegedly replaced 18 months ago????

I doubt it was.
  • dhesford16
    Me too but I have a receipt for it!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

Depends on how you drive. If you do mostly town driving you'll kill a dual mass flywheel in no time.
  • dhesford16
    Hi all,

Just a quick update on my post a week or so ago. Hopefully this will help some users out there that are looking for positivity.

I received a phone call today from Honda stating that they were prepared to replace the flywheel clutch and release bearing for £230+vat. Whilst still slightly annoyed that I have to pay anything I know when quit. Besides I have been given the faulty flywheel and will continue my claim with the ombudsman.

My advice to anyone at the end of their tether with large organisations like Honda is be polite but be persistent.

When I first posted on here I hoped for some good advice and maybe encouragement. Instead I received negativity and very poor advice from some that would rather roll over and have their bellies tickled. Had I listened to those people I would now be a further £1000 + VAT out of pocket.

Anyway, don't bother posting on here, just go with your gut.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport