Together Energy?

Comments

• locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Received this email reply on 6/2...Thank you for contacting Together Energy! I have received your details through the online portal regarding your balance and bills. The portals and billing system are both getting upgraded at the moment. You should be able to view your balance and your bill by next week.

Guess what...still unable to view bills.
  • I have stopped receiving requests for meter reads, I did submit readings at the ‘normal’ time this month but have had no response. I cannot see anything on the portal STILL since the reported ‘upgrade’ started, an earlier email has been opened but not responded to...... what is going on.

I am seeing lots of bad press on the Truspilot review site - mostly due to lack of response. Is the company still trading?:mad:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Sandybanks wrote: »
    Who is the independent industry partner and how exactly do they verify the readings if they have not read the meter themselves. Of course its entirely possible that is a coincidence but the incorrect meter reading that Together has used are the same as those I submitted to my previous supplier for March 2017! Do suppliers pass on your reading history to the next supplier?

The independent partners are the Data Collectors that hold all the historical data for your property based on actual meter readings. On transfer of supply, the new supplier is given The Estimated Annual Consumption (EAC) for electricity and Annual Quantity (AQ) for gas for the past 2 years. The new supplier uses this information to update your projected annual consumption.

Looking back to a bill that I received from Iresa in Dec 16 it, unusually, showed both the verified transfer meter reading and 5 previous meter readings given to my previous supplier so it would seem that meter readings are part of the EAC and AQ information exchange.
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is the company still trading?:mad:

Something is going badly wrong with them.

Just typed out a long rambling complaint about the situation - made a quick last minute check before submitting, and hey presto, I have a bill!!!

However its only to the 31st December 2017 and its the only bill that is available.

Biggest complaint however is simply the lack of response to queries. They just dont respond!

Contract expires in July - can't wait to leave!
  • Fromply wrote: »
    Something is going badly wrong with them.

Just typed out a long rambling complaint about the situation - made a quick last minute check before submitting, and hey presto, I have a bill!!!

However its only to the 31st December 2017 and its the only bill that is available.

Hi.. have you checked you bill? I last had a bill mid December, prior to what seems to be the upgrade fiasco, and the current readings seem to be estimates by them based on the last reading I submitted to them as requested mid December. I cannot make head or tail of the "first readings" and none of the meter readings I have submitted in Jan and Feb seem to have been used. I am going to have a detailed look at the charges to check out their quoted total charges. Looks to me like they've lost a lot of data during their upgrade based on the meter readings on this end of December bill and the lack of previous bill on their portal - fortunately I printed them out and have recorded my meter readings! I will update after further investigation ...
  • I also have had a bill to the end of December. Both opening and closing readings are estimates, even though they have my actual opening reading. The bill is correct but, as the opening reading is wrong, I have been over-charged by £2-£3. I will leave it for now to give them a bit of breathing space but I do expect it to be corrected at some time.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Fromply wrote: »
    Biggest complaint however is simply the lack of response to queries. They just dont respond!
    I can agree with this seems they don't answer or acknowledge emails. Ive had 3 goes with no success. Anybody got an email address that seems to work? Whats the recommended method of contact to get your problem resolved? Is there a CEO email address that gets a response?
  • locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Also see one bill on portal, from start date to end 2017, both estimated but same values previously used. They seem to ignore any supplied meter readings.

Why cant they inform customers that a new bill has been produced or even email it?

Paul Richards is CEO according to Linkedin, no email found yet, but he said... "We set up the business with specific commitments to customers: offering a transparent, easy-to-understand service as well as the simplest bill in the industry and an aim to resolve all queries within eight hours."

Yet more aspirational nonsense.
  • mikeyorkie10
    mikeyorkie10 Posts: 195
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 21 February 2018 at 10:22PM
    A glimmer of hope .... received this email today from meterreads@togetherenergy.co.uk:
    Thank you for getting in touch.

We apologise that you have not received any notifications asking for meter reads recently, unfortunately this system is still offline until the upgrades taking place on the online portal are completed. At this moment in time our technical team are informing us that the updates for the portal are set to be completed by the end of this month. I've had them take a look at your account specifically and they have informed me that all the relevant information should be updated on it at this point. Please check the portal and if any information is missing please let us know.!!!8221;

;ll update as things hopefully develop.
  • Looks like things might be improving, had two emails in last two days, one telling me my statement was available to view on the portal and this one: "Due to the upgrade, the bill you are seeing on your account right now is the "final bill" produced from the old system.
    I can see that you have indeed been providing us with your meter readings and they will be moved over to our new system.
    There will be a bill produced with up to date details and you should be receiving it by post and be able to view it on your account early March.

I hope this helped with any concern you might have. "
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport