Fall too Pieces

Comments

• Hi Scott . :)
    I've read a few pages, then skipped to the last page.
    There's a lot more for me to read, when I'm ready .
    Just wanna say, I love your bull by the horns approach . :)
    Your taste in music is pretty cool too. :)

Jobwise, I'm too cynical now , and expect nothing .
    I was very surprised that I got a very nice leaving present on my departure. It was from one dept. Who got me 2 bottles of j d and a box of truffles. Baring in mind, I only gave a weeks notice , and most of the company were unaware of my departure :)

I've got officially 12 years to retirement age.( should've been 10)
    Gold watches are long gone for service, and working life is one big wind up afnyway..
    Keep it together :)

Re the music it is thank you lol, i was devastated at losing Chris Cornell in the week too :-(

12 years gerrrrr i have nearer 20-25 lol
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Agree that it sounds like you're well rid of your old department! Glad to hear the new job role is going well too - it sounds right up your street to be honest!

It is Essex i am doing secured banking chat for clients then soon i am going to get trained up on there social media feeds. Its interesting but geeky the social media stuff involves monitoring and replying too feeds on twitter and facebook and direct messages from both sites.

It was quite funny or well cringe worthy the first secured webchat i did was a 40 year old guy at 4am trying to buy !!!!!! :-( his card was stopped by our fraud team.
  • I will update my diary a bit better tomorrow.

Short version is my new job i hate it and i am trying to get back to my old team, i have gone on the sick with severe depression/stress. My main problem with my new job is i am not getting sufficient sleep after 11 hour shifts and-three to three and a half hours travelling time a day.

I have being off work 4 days and feel a bloody failure.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry to hear new job not gone well , I hope you feel better soon and get back to your old team .
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi Scott,

I've been wondering how you've been doing.

Sorry to hear that about your job. What is it that you hate? Or is this just a blip in the road. Whichever it is I hope you can resolve it.

In regards to going off sick as well, I hope you take care of yourself and feel better soon. I can relate to working long hours and not sleeping enough in between, it messes everything up for me.

Take care.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • Its quite a few things really, when I had the interview i was told it would be 9-7 or 8-6, this is actually not the case I am working 8pm to 7am.

Also the job is not like what I was doing, in my previous jobs if no calls were coming through we could chat amongst ourselves, go on the net etc. On hear we are expected to do back office stuff, they get arsey if you don't work through breaks, I have had grief for leaving at 645 even though the last 15mins of my shift is unpaid and built into my contract.

I thought I would be able to cope with the shifts but being honest its too much, I am trying to get back to my old job which is 8.5 hour shifts not 11. The first week I managed okay the second week I was on my knees, the third week major league depression kicked in and I slept for nearly 18 hours after getting done.

Getting back is becoming tiresome and they are being awkward as hell, hence me going on the sick. I have so far being told so much rubbish re going back.
  • I am struggling i am fighting my illness and losing, my gp has signed me off for two weeks and I hate to say it but I am back on Quetiapine.
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi Scott,

Somehow lost your diary and just found it again and caught up......... how you doing?
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • I am off work at the minute i am trying to get back to my former role but i am having a mare.

In myself i am okay, i am just wanting my work life sorted and my employers are messing me around.

Sorry i have being quiet guys. I will next week try and post more often i going up to scotland tonight to see a friend.
  • Its taken bloody weeks but it looks like i am back to my former role next week.

Money wise i am okay, my dmp is getting paid month on month. Any survey or cashback earnings i am clicking half is going off my smallest debt. Its easier this way than constantly being on the phone too cccs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback