BT Broadband top pick, we want your feedback

Options

Comments

• skipjim
    skipjim Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Was thinking about taking up the current BT link but every single piece of feedback is negative, not one positive post. Does that not tell you something? why does MSE continue to promote BT offers when they are obviously not meeting their promises? Think I'll go elsewhere.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    skipjim wrote: »
    Was thinking about taking up the current BT link but every single piece of feedback is negative, not one positive post. Does that not tell you something?

It does tell you something. Only annoyed people post feedback. My switch went great, no complaints yet.
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Would like to check the BT deal listed in the deals but the link doesn't work.

Tried three different browsers.
    Sigless
  • mouse10
    mouse10 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My switch went fine. Couldn't claim the rewards card from their website, but did finally get it after complaining. However, can't get anywhere with the £50 cash back.
    Made the claim, service went live 3/5/17, chased cash back 3 times which is a time consuming operation. Still waiting.........
  • T1988
    T1988 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Recently contacted BT about this deal. Have a residential line with third party provider and a business line at same property with BT!.

BT still insist that an engineer is required even though we have a working line at an extra cost of £49.99. Despite early assurances that we can port the residential number (please note that 3rd party provider has confirmed that they would not charge for this) BT have followed up with a call to say that they cannot transfer our existing number.

BE VERY AWARE.
  • thebigbosh
    Options
    I'm trying to do an application for the BT infinity latest deal but I can't seem to remove BT Sport from the application... In the sport selection page I select no BT sport but then it appears in my order summary seemingly out of nowhere. Anything I'm missing as a trick to remove it?
    School is important, but Rugby is importanter.
  • thebigbosh
    Options
    ah found the issue. Even if you select No Thanks for BT Sport, if you deselect BT Call protect then BT sport at £3.50 a month is added to your order. Seems like a bug to me. Reported it to BT help on chat, but all she wanted to do was give me her own link to the deal... probably to get the referral fee.
    School is important, but Rugby is importanter.
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 August 2017 at 12:26PM
    Options
    thebigbosh wrote: »
    ah found the issue. Even if you select No Thanks for BT Sport, if you deselect BT Call protect then BT sport at £3.50 a month is added to your order. Seems like a bug to me. Reported it to BT help on chat, but all she wanted to do was give me her own link to the deal... probably to get the referral fee.

I found the same when I applied about 2 weeks ago. They said it was a bug in the form and to try it again. When I did it the second time it worked fine.

I applied for the same deal for my mum yesterday and that bug seemed to have gone, but we found a new one. (If you have an existing phone number and select to keep it, the next screen states that you will receive a new phone number. Back to online chat again and they told us we can safely ignore it!

PS, when we applied Quidco were doing £135 cashback. Mine tracked within 3 hours.
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • Rustym1
    Options
    Hi
    Think to note whe signing up with BT. If you opt to pay line rental up front and they increase the prices during the term of the contact they will not credit you with any remaining line rental if you exercise your right to terminate the contract because of the increase in prices. They do not tell you this when you sign up.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rustym1 wrote: »
    Hi
    Think to note whe signing up with BT. If you opt to pay line rental up front and they increase the prices during the term of the contact they will not credit you with any remaining line rental if you exercise your right to terminate the contract because of the increase in prices. They do not tell you this when you sign up.

I think that they have to now

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/feb/22/bt-refuses-refund-prepaid-line-rental-cancel-service
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure