Have I been accepted?

Hi all,

I currently earn £27,000 a year and have a Reward Current account with Halifax with a planned overdraft of £1000. I have pretty much no credit history apart from my bank account and mobile phone bill. I still live woth parents. I recently did elegibility checker on credit cards and about 6 or 7 cards came up as pre approved.

I applied for capital one luma card and an aqua classic. I only want one card as its only to improve my credit score and will be paying in full each month.

After applying I recieved e-mails saying i've been accepted but before they can send me my card they need to verify my identity, asking for documents e.g passport and proof of address.

I've sent capital one the sufficient documents 4 days ago and I called them today, she said the application is in final stage and will find out within 7 days. I thought I had already been accepted, I signed credit agreement etc online.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Thanks in advance :j

Comments

• Smithyyy
    Smithyyy Posts: 6 Forumite
    £100* overdraft.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Many people.

It's an ID check. If you pass, you get the card.
  • Superhoopza
    Superhoopza Posts: 453 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Yeah I had that for aqua
  • Cool, how long did it all take to go through?
  • It took 3 weeks and 4 phone calls to recieve anything through the post with them. I haven't returned the document as I'm wondering if I bother with them now or go and get a second card with Capital One who have been good to me since I've been using them for about 8 months now. I'd recommend Capital One first.
  • Smithyyy
    Cheers. Did it take long to get your first capital one card?
  • Superhoopza
    Superhoopza Posts: 453 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Nah about just over a week. It was all online and I didn't have to provide any further proof of ID.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you end up with two cards, keep both, use both, pay in full each time. Are you improving your "score" for a particular reason or just for the dopamine?
  • Smithyyy
    Looking to get a mortgage in around 18 months time with my partner if possible. We both live with parents, have a good income and no debts. Is it do-able with a good size deposit?

Thanks in advance
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you log into your Halifax internet banking it will show any offers that they may give you such as credit cards loans etc.
    Getting a card with your main bank may be easier if anything goes wrong with your present application.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure