PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 6th April 2018

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning Holly and all,

Holly what a wonderful brother you have, so caring and kind. Take it easy over the following weeks, ease yourself into your life again.

Busy day for me again. I've got Diva for the day whilst her Mummy goes to London for work. Diva has her injections today at the doctors at 1 and I'll be taking her for them. Will be strange trundling my Grandaughter in her pushchair doing the same journey I used to do with her Mummy many years ago when she had hers.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone

Holly - good to see you back with us, thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, dry but a bit chilly, but forecast is for a dry day. Washing will be pegged out on the line. Got 2 loads line dried yesterday as it was glorious sunshine and blue sky with a good breeze.

Dinner last night was HM lasagne and breaded chicken portions, jacket potato, beans, cheese, side salad, boiled egg, pickled onion, pasta salad for the menfolk. I had HM diet shepherds pie with veg and gravy, trifle for desert for the menfolk, I had last of the chocolate brioche. So good bit of clearing up food from the freezer, still a long way to go though. Tonight will be something similar although I'm food shopping first thing, need it to be a small shop as I have so much that needs using up - I have already done a menu plan for this next week, so need to stick to the list.

Yesterday I wasn't that productive but did keep going with the washing, drying - I'll be doing the ironing today so at least that job will be out of the way. I'll strip our bed also.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Morning folks and thanks HOLLY for starting us off. Baby steps for you young lady, don't try and do too much too soon. Just enjoy being back home.

I feel exhausted before the day starts just thinking of the jobs for today. Most of the paper is off now but then I want to emulsion the ceiling. If I leave it till after the kitchen is fit I will end up with splashes all over the new cupboards, worktops etc. I am a messy decorator! The bits of stripped paper have trailed all over the house but they can lay there until tomorrow and I shall have a good vac throughout.

Mr TA still unwell and I am worrying about him having the ureteric stent change op done on Monday. We have to be in Leeds for 7.30 so DS has booked the day off work to take us and wait with me. Then he will be there to bring us back as well. He said we are not having a repeat of last summer's stent change op, when they kept Mr TA in overnight with a raging temp, and I was stuck on Leeds station almost on the verge of tears as I had just missed a train home and had a long wait in the dark for another. I was feeling rather emotional after a long and stressful day!

On a brighter note, I am getting regular WhatsApps and photos from DD up in Darlington. "Margot" is loving all the rehearsal time and they have found a fantastic ballet supply shop local to where their apartment is. DGD has spent all her remaining Xmas and Easter money on pretty leotards she doesn't really need!

If I can find my stock pot I want to make a pan of pea and ham soup before I start my labours, then that will do us for lunch and will freeze the rest.

I am waffling! Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for all in need/want of them. HOLLY especially. CSARINA hope your DH isn't proving to be a difficult patient after his procedure! Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Welcome back Holly, take your time with chores but make sure you eat properly.
    Hope your op goes ahead Nelski, shame they couldn't have told you about the hrt at the last visit. You've been a star keeping us up to date with Holly's progress.
    Glad the dog is ok Judi, poor thing will be like a chemists shop!
    Well done on the wallpaper stripping TA, hope Mr TA feels better soon.

Had an uneventful trip to Costco yesterday, everyone got what they needed (and a bit extra!). Filled up with diesel whilst I was there, 3p per litre cheaper than Tesco next door.

The bedding I put out yesterday had a couple of extra rinses out on the line but dried in the end, the afternoon turned out to be beautiful but a bit chilly still. It's back to raining today of course, the day I have to entertain a 5 year old from 8 till 5. We are going swimming, DD is coming along too so we should have fun.

Happy Friday everyone, take care. XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Looks to be a nice day here again, yesterday was glorious but it turned cold in the evening we lit the fire for a while last night.

Off to work today but off to the quieter site which will be nice for a Friday, yesterday was a difficult day at work but it was so busy that we did not really get time to dwell on things which in a way was good.

There is a man coming to fix / exchange the lock barrel on the front door, he put a temporary lock on a while back while he got us a new one so is coming to fit the new one tonight.

Also we have to get a quote for the kitchen works and send it off to the insurance company, so need to get that done next week.

Holly I am so glad to see you back, please take it easy and don't try to do too much, have a relax for a few days xx

Nels Fingers crossed they don't cancel your op xx

Have good days all and take care xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good morning everyone.

Lovely to see you back Holly, welcome home. Take things easy and enjoy having your own space again.

TA - you take things easy too! No use having a fabulous kitchen if you’re on your knees.

My day will be filled with DM. She wants to go to a local bookshop for a wander round it and the MS food hall. I think she just wants to go out and can’t blame her! Later on a friend is calling round for coffee, cake and a chat with her.

I hope everyone is doing well or getting better. Happy Friday to all.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning all

Thank you for starting us off Holly, so good to see you back.
    Nelski hope your op goes ahead
    TA you do so much, take care of yourself, hope Mr TA feels better soon
    Judi good news about your dog

Haven't slept well recently. In the hope I would sleep if exhausted I was busy yesterday. Washing on the line, visited mother, lunch, cut the lawn, planted some seeds, vacuumed and cleaned the bathroom, and I didn't sleep.

Weather forecast for today looks lovely, not sure what we will do.

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Holly, so glad you are home, hugs to you and anyone else in need especially Csarina, Nelski and the TA's.

We have been given permission to stay where we are moored because of the flooding which is a relief.

Last day of cat sitting today, I will use Ds's shower as well as his internet and do one more load of washing in his machine.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Welcome back Holly.

TA, I hope Mr TA starts to feel better soon and that the stent op goes well.

Nelski, it's the inefficiency that annoys me, all these "small" errors that waste money. Presumably, if your op is delayed you will have to have a third pre-op assessment, taking up more staff time etc.

It was lovely to see blue skies and feel warm on our walk yesterday, even if it was decidedly soggy underfoot.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone and thanks for the start Holly, please may I echo other people and say take it easy now.
    Thinking of Nelski and hoping the op goes ahead as planned, also the TA’s.

Another, bright sunny day here in East Anglia, yesterday was smashing especially in the afternoon so Lu had her first bath of the year :D My friend was visiting for the afternoon so rolled her sleeves up as well and helped, Lu was v well behaved apart from when tried to hose her down. The hose had a sprinkler attachment to it and that spat at her a few times too many and she pulled back and snapped her lead rope! She looked lovely though, very white and clean but that won’t last.

Will get some chores done this morning and go over again this afternoon, you must all think my posts so boring as that’s mostly what I do every day, sorry :(

Have a good day folks x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport