Aqua latest increase!

Dandytf
Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 24 March 2018 at 12:00PM in Credit cards
My lucky week.
Since recently mentioning chrome increase of+500
Aqua letter today 1k to 2.1k limit increase.
The good times are certainly showing some signs of making a return-albeit slowly.
Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb

Comments

• Credit Card spending rarely leads to "good times" in my experience....
  • Dandytf
    Credit Card spending rarely leads to "good times" in my experience....

Check my Sig-it hasn't always been good times.
    Though certainly much more stringent these days
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf wrote: »
    My lucky week.
    Since recently mentioning chrome increase of+500
    Aqua letter today 1k to 2.1k limit increase.
    The good times are certainly showing some signs of making a return-albeit slowly.

The increases could be an indication that your general credit file is improving.

Might be worth an application to a main stream lender,i did just that when my sub prime cards seriously increased my limits and was approved for Tesco credit card and Barclays.

Not saying its gonna be the same but worth looking at.
  • Dandytf
    The increases could be an indication that your general credit file is improving.

Might be worth an application to a main stream lender,i did just that when my sub prime cards seriously increased my limits and was approved for Tesco credit card and Barclays.

Not saying its gonna be the same but worth looking at.

Interesting though I'm a few years yet from mainstream cards.
    Personally I think Aqua rise is clear indication of my stupidily approaching 1K limit-though not going to be used again for 2018 at least.
    Though with more defaults dropping off 2018+2019 maybe mainstream could return from 2021 and later years.
  • Dandytf
    Fast call to Aqua auto answer line
    Limit increase applied immediately rather than risk allowing upto 40 days as mentioned in todays letter.
    Funny as I resist temptation of IPhone upgrade.
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Don’t upgrade your phone Aqua APR is awful :(
  • WillyWonga
    WillyWonga Posts: 324 Forumite
    Credit limits are the Devils way of getting into debt. Whats the point of having a £9000 limit Barclaycard at 20% apr. Anything higher than £2k should be a personal loan as cheaper OR it;s a low apr balance transfer rate. If you have a 35% Aqua card with a £2k balance be prepared to fork out loads in interest if cant realistically afford £500 month to clear off with minimal interest
  • Dandytf
    Got slightly confused with iphone upgrade choices.
    Best deal to 'upgrade' Se to 8 is 0 u[pfront payment and 40:00 per month 30 months though this means I've be changing provider after a few years of exceptionally reliable service.
    I won't be using Aqua card at all I'll just consider +13 from SE to IPhone 8
    My error for earlier confusion-what was on my mind when I had posted this Aqua increase
  • ywlgy
    ywlgy Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good!
    Aqua also increased my limit from minimum 250 to 1k in Feb. Wish they give me another increase in May/June.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Guys, being told you have an offer of MINUS money is never something to celebrate.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure