PIP confusion, advice needed please

Options

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    nannytone wrote: »
    IF you think that people that post on this forum in order to gain some advice/insight into problems they are having.....
    then you need to SHUT UP.

thread after thread, you hijack the OP's questions and continue to suit your own brand of drivel.

it was boring and inconsistent the first time you posted.

now all you are doing is being unfair to people that MAY be able to receive necessary information
    Well said Nannytone, best post of the day :beer:
  • rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    Options
    IF you think that people that post on this forum in order to gain some advice/insight into problems they are having.....
    then you need to SHUT UP.

thread after thread, you hijack the OP's questions and continue to suit your own brand of drivel.

it was boring and inconsistent the first time you posted.

now all you are doing is being unfair to people that MAY be able to receive necessary information
    I do not hijack anything - I challenge the answers given by others. Isn't that the right thing to do? - others seem to want to challenge my replies often enough.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    NeilCr wrote: »
    I rest my case

A councillor (apparently) who cares more about himself than others.

No not really, a Councillor that is fed up with the system that is in place.
    I should ask, if someone gave you an appointment time that was slap bang in the middle of your holiday abroad what would you do? try to re-arrange it, yes. Maybe cancel the family holiday instead? That is what I did with the CAB, but was told that it couldn't be changed.

Given that I presume you would then re-arrange the appointment until your return? But then that would be to late.

Now instead of criticising me and casting doubt on my abilities as a Councillor please tell me what options I would have had?
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do not hijack anything - I challenge the answers given by others. Isn't that the right thing to do? - others seem to want to challenge my replies often enough.

no ... that isn't the right thing to do.

the place to challenge is the discussion boards.

you want to argue the rights and wrongs of the system, then by all means start your own thread and do it there.

people that are posting for advice are not looking for opinion and a history of your several decades of claiming.

they want advice relevant to THEM, not to you
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    no ... that isn't the right thing to do.

the place to challenge is the discussion boards.

you want to argue the rights and wrongs of the system, then by all means start your own thread and do it there.

people that are posting for advice are not looking for opinion and a history of your several decades of claiming.

they want advice relevant to THEM, not to you
    I didn't say anything about the system in this context. I said that I would challenge those that gave replies that I thought or believed were wrong or misleading.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 May 2017 at 7:46PM
    Options
    No not really, a Councillor that is fed up with the system that is in place.
    I should ask, if someone gave you an appointment time that was slap bang in the middle of your holiday abroad what would you do? try to re-arrange it, yes. Maybe cancel the family holiday instead? That is what I did with the CAB, but was told that it couldn't be changed.

Given that I presume you would then re-arrange the appointment until your return? But then that would be to late.

Now instead of criticising me and casting doubt on my abilities as a Councillor please tell me what options I would have had?

You could have cancelled the appointment knowing that you were going to be abroad. Instead you chose not to - thus depriving someone else of the chance of some help

A decent councillor (indeed a decent human being) would have recognised the situation and cancelled.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    NeilCr wrote: »
    You could have cancelled the appointment knowing that you were going to be abroad. Instead you chose not to - thus depriving someone else of the chance of some help

A decent councillor (indeed a decent human being) would have recognised the situation and cancelled.

So in that example you would have cancelled the appointment, gone on holiday and obviously then could not have the option of going again as it was too late?

Excellent advice especially if it was extremely important for you to have got the advice before the deadline arrived.

So the question I then ask is - who is at fault for losing what could have been a substantial amount of money?

1 The DWP for not offering a14 days extension instead of the 7 actually offered?
    2 The CAB for not being in a position to offer an appointment within the time limits given that they had a window from first contact to submission day of approx. 5 weeks?
    3 The inept manner in which the Jobcentre filled out the form for me and offering no independent advice?
    4 My inability to fully understand the meaning behind the descriptors bearing in mind that this was my first PIP claim and could not find any independent advice as to the best way to fill out the form
    5 Or maybe myself for making the claim in the first place?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So in that example you would have cancelled the appointment, gone on holiday and obviously then could not have the option of going again as it was too late?

Excellent advice especially if it was extremely important for you to have got the advice before the deadline arrived.

So the question I then ask is - who is at fault for losing what could have been a substantial amount of money?

1 The DWP for not offering a14 days extension instead of the 7 actually offered?
    2 The CAB for not being in a position to offer an appointment within the time limits given that they had a window from first contact to submission day of approx. 5 weeks?
    3 The inept manner in which the Jobcentre filled out the form for me and offering no independent advice?
    4 My inability to fully understand the meaning behind the descriptors bearing in mind that this was my first PIP claim and could not find any independent advice as to the best way to fill out the form
    5 Or maybe myself for making the claim in the first place?
    ^ none of the above but it was your fault for not explaning that you couldn't get an appointment sooner and you needed longer than 7 days.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    ^ none of the above but it was your fault for not explaning that you couldn't get an appointment sooner and you needed longer than 7 days.

When one does not know anything remotely involving the inner workings of the DWP, one would assume that when one asks for an extension one would be given what the DWP deem as the 'norm' (what others have been offered and in accordance with the Regulations).

Obviously if I had been made aware beforehand that everything that involves the DWP, it seems, is up for negotiation/treaty or bargain including even the length of a time extension then yes I would have opened my mouth and asked for a more reasonable period so that I could have attended the CAB.

But when the DWP offered 7 days I accepted that that was the length that they would allow. - the rules being in some dusty old book propping up a MPBW 1940's desk!
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    When one does not know anything remotely involving the inner workings of the DWP, one would assume that when one asks for an extension one would be given what the DWP deem as the 'norm' (what others have been offered and in accordance with the Regulations).

Obviously if I had been made aware beforehand that everything that involves the DWP, it seems, is up for negotiation/treaty or bargain including even the length of a time extension then yes I would have opened my mouth and asked for a more reasonable period so that I could have attended the CAB.

But when the DWP offered 7 days I accepted that that was the length that they would allow. - the rules being in some dusty old book propping up a MPBW 1940's desk!

I have no doubt that you know the workings of the DWP better than the rest of us put together.

Or is your selective memory kicking in again?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure