How do you use your PIP?

Comments

• Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I have a disability bus-pass, however the bus stop (for the GP, Chemist, Hospital et.c) is about 15 - 20 minutes walk away so not exactly do-able for me. ...my PIP goes on paying for a Community Care , where someone will drive me where I need to go, wait, and drive me home.

I also use the PIP to provide myself with various gadgets and aids that help me to live something approximating a 'normal' life.

(well...currently it is DLA...PIP application is pending)
  • tomtom256 wrote: »
    It's a public forum, you pose a question, I answered it.

If you don't want an answer don't post.

Seemed to be a generic question aimed at all in response to Nanny.

It wasn't. I was interested in what she does with the remaining 30% of her care payments and question if the costs of transport would still exist without the disability - only she can give that info - but maybe doesn't want to?

I also use the PIP to provide myself with various gadgets and aids that help me to live something approximating a 'normal' life.

Every week???
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Maybe she has more dignity than to respond to a douchebag troll.

As has already been suggested open your eyes and reread her post. She explains the 30% as being spent on gadgets.
  • CTcelt1988
    CTcelt1988 Posts: 257 Forumite
    I see Rockingbilly still being hypocritical having a pop at others for what they spend their pip on, whilst at the same time bragging how he gives his away to his grandchildren.
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    He feels hard done by now because he didn't get his PIP award and he is not getting enough attention or recognition. So he's decided to increase his trolling posts to achieve same.
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257
    Forumite
    Every week???

Yes.

I have DAILY needs...I have a number of aids and gadgets that I need to maintain/renew/update.

If one week I spend a few pennies more than my weekly benefits on an item, and the following week I manage to put a penny or two into the 'maintain items' pot and use it the following week, what business is it of anyone but me?

I have answered the question as to what I do with my benefit money.

(I suspect that rocckingbilly - and whatever usernames they come up with in future - will only be satisfied if everyone posts a weekly spreadsheet itemising each penny spent....and not even then)
  • Cyclamen
    Cyclamen Posts: 641
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oh heck this is going to be a long list for most of us..

Wheelchairs as wheelchair services do one option only and it isn't suitable. I have the one they recommended but still paying for it.
    replacing work out equipment..new front casters for push chair, cushions, waterproofs, stuff i've dropped/broken,
    trying new gadgets that might help
    Paying my contribution for carers.
    Paying for jobs i'd do myself ..handy person stuff,
    paying for carers to help me do things
    disposable heat pads, bath wipes, etc
    duplicating items as i cant move them betwene rooms.. e.g each room has a heatpad and fan and bed handle etc..
    covering the cost of a more expensive hotel as often the budget don't have wetrooms.
    special diet due to intolerances.
    taxis.. when i could walk the distance before
    home delivery costs and internet (if on limited income i'd use free library internet and go collect stuff)
    i am constantly trying new gadgets in the hopes of getting some more help.
    coffee out so i can use a clean accessible loo not the park loo.
    extra heating
    extra electricity - gadgets and just being in all day.
    membership to 'disease association' to stay up to date
    food and snacks during horpital trips etc..
    extra prescription glasses for a variety of tints
    clothing .. i buy 'new to me' but frequently tear, mangle or rip clothes due to falls, trapping in wheels etc..
    making the garden accessible.. we are nearly finished with this now
    cleaning
    silly things like easy grip pens.. cost loads more..
    more costly car travel.. we can't park and ride into the big town so higher parking charges etc..
    little gifts for carers, family who help out etc.. i had a £3 budget per carer at christmas.

I would imagine most of us would have a huge list of things we buy because we are not able to manually do the cheaper alternative, or need things to enable us to do something.
    extra insurance for disability stuff.
    i'm sure there is more..

My basic money needs now are definitely a lot higher than when I was 'healthy' as I cant walk, cycle, shop around, keep active for warmth, take more care over breakages. Repair and make things etc etc..
  • Stoodles
    Stoodles Posts: 814
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Yes, I'd forgotten extra heating now I'm at home all day, and not being able to go to supermarkets myself to find the bargains.
  • Sewsosew
    Sewsosew Posts: 94
    Forumite

There are so many things

1 - payments on car which fits my needs- room for wheelchair etc

2 - pay for gardener as my husband doesn't have time as he looks after me and does all other household tasks

3 - we eat out occasionally so my husband gets a break from cooking

4 - there are few bargains on accessible hotels and holidays

5 - heating costs, I can't move around easily to keep warm
    When dancing with dragons, don't let your partner lead.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure