Calling time on PIP

Comments

• Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 March 2017 at 12:20PM
    cbrown372 wrote: »
    lol.. priceless.... an attention seeker for whom the truth probably lies somewhere between the various claims... yet another thread necessary to announce the game is up.. but a new one starting. So if we're to believe the other posting he lost DLA when he 'jumped the gun' in needlessly applying for PIP and failing. If there was any truth to that then this would be the latest PIP claim that has failed. But quite frankly none of it may be true... I find it hard to believe someone can be so reckless with their claims in the most basic regards yet at the same time feel competent enough to give people advice on such benefits that is accurate but with a deliberate false twist.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • Muttleythefrog
    edited 13 March 2017 at 12:19PM
    I would look a complete idiot at a Tribunal if I was asked to explain why I am challenging my own claim.
    Don't you recall that episode of Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em... where Frank Spencer unwittingly gets embroiled in drug couriering. He was so incompetent in court in defending himself that the judge concludes he couldn't possibly be involved in organised crime and so acquits him. You could be well advised to imitate the tactic... in that a tribunal may be convinced you do have significant support needs across the board in order to avoid harm to yourself... especially regarding categories like Dealing with money, people or cooking. I imagine someone who throws away a good lifetime award for DLA to apply for PIP and then applies for PIP without studying what they're submitting... would also be someone you wouldn't want left looking after an oven or pot of vegetables... or organising household finances.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • cbrown372 wrote: »
    What on earth have those postings got to do with me? They aren't even mine.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 March 2017 at 12:59PM
    Here you go

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/attendance-allowance/claiming-attendance-allowance/help-with-attendance-allowance-form/

To be honest given that you have been claiming DLA for years you should have a pretty good idea re AA - which is, in general terms, much the same as the care element of DLA

ETA. There is no lower rate with AA (the cooking test)
  • rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2017 at 8:08PM
    NeilCr wrote: »
    Here you go

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/attendance-allowance/claiming-attendance-allowance/help-with-attendance-allowance-form/

To be honest given that you have been claiming DLA for years you should have a pretty good idea re AA - which is, in general terms, much the same as the care element of DLA

ETA. There is no lower rate with AA (the cooking test)
    Thanks

I no longer have a DLA award as you know. All I can remember when I last filled out a DLA claim pack was that I made reference to the difficulties that I had how often I had them and how I managed to circumvent them. What I do know is that my GP sent the DWP a factual report to them and on the strength of that report I was awarded HRM & MRC indefinitely.
    I do however have to be honest and say that I was gobsmacked with what they said I was entitled to and to this day I still can't work it out why they awarded. But hey I wasn't one to complain.

That link is a bit complicated to follow. Do they really expect me to time everything day and night? And then keep a 24/7 diary of events?

I'll have to get someone to fill the form in for me like most people do.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Point of the diary

Here's a copy of the form

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/540578/AA1-interactive-claim-pack.pdf

Have a good look and see how often it asks for the number of times a day you do/have trouble with things. When I fill in the form with someone who hasn't done a diary more guesswork/estimation comes in to play
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It's no great loss ,as in another thread you say you give it all away to family.
  • Muttleythefrog
    edited 13 March 2017 at 9:08PM
    Thanks

I no longer have a DLA award as you know. All I can remember when I last filled out a DLA claim pack was that I made reference to the difficulties that I had how often I had them and how I managed to circumvent them. What I do know is that my GP sent the DWP a factual report to them and on the strength of that report I was awarded HRM & MRC indefinitely.
    I do however have to be honest and say that I was gobsmacked with what they said I was entitled to and to this day I still can't work it out why they awarded. But hey I wasn't one to complain.

That link is a bit complicated to follow. Do they really expect me to time everything day and night? And then keep a 24/7 diary of events?

I'll have to get someone to fill the form in for me like most people do.
    Regarding the bolded.. the decision letter should have told you....'we have awarded you x because you need y'. I would have requested the GP factual report at the time and it may have helped understand if not also have had potential future use. But in all honesty.. I don't believe your claims here any more than others you make.
  • Regarding the bolded.. the decision letter should have told you....'we have awarded you x because you need y'. I would have requested the GP factual report at the time and it may have helped understand if not also have had potential future use. But in all honesty.. I don't believe your claims here any more than others you make.
    Your choice, you don't know me and you have never met me.
    Of course it said why. I was gobsmacked with the level of the award. I could not in all honesty match the reasons for the award with how I saw myself - if that makes any sense.
    I found out about the report that the DLA people asked my GP to complete when I asked for a copy of my medical file from the GP - a copy was in the pack that he had sent.
    I still have it - dated Nov 2011. Didn't see that there was any relevance in it for the PIP claim as the two benefits are totally different in the same way that Attendance Allowance differs from DLA.
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Hopefully someone will call time on you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure