".......Learning to dance in the rain!!"

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It is about learning to dance in the rain!"

The house of Hinge has moved on hugely since I first joined Mse and started "Unhinged!" and I felt we needed a fresh page to mark the place we are at in our journey! Back in those days we were very much under a huge black storm cloud, dodging the rumbles of thunder yet these days we are very much donning our wellies and certainly jumping in lots of puddles if not doing a little dance in the rain :rotfl:

June marks Superman's 8th birthday, His annual meeting at school to review his progress and the beginning of his transition in to year 4!! Master H is also on the transition train and his declared his new school totally "awesome, cool, wicked!!" :rotfl:Missy H is looking forward to her day in the west end and her drama workshops and is on the welcoming team to show the new school recruits around on their visit days!

Debt continues to reduce on our Dmp with SC, It is time for our annual review and I have made the execuetive decision to switch to self management in view of our plans to offer full and finals when Mr H's inheritence arrives. We are currently sitting at £13k owing and aiming to clear the balances with some cheeky reduced offers...... well, like they say If you don't ask you don't get!!

I'm currently in DLA form hell with Missy H's renewal forms :eek: Why do they make them so complex?! The whole process is draining!

Health/diet/sanity wise I'm firmly on the wagon!! 34lbs gone this year so far and plenty more to go :rotfl:I have found a love for exercise classes and clubbersize if my favourite :o Thankfully the dark cloud above me seems to of upped and left and with out any external demands or stresses I'm trundling along nicely!

Now to stick the kettle on and wait for my sofa buddies with the biccies!!

Mrs H x
Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
"You did good Kidda!" :D

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    A lovely, positive post. Good luck with the next part of your journey.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    A lovely, positive post. Good luck with the next part of your journey.

Thank you Parsniphead and welcome to the chaos that is the Hinge-household! :rotfl:
  • mary_hinge
    A early screetch from Superman saw us all up at the crack of dawn.... he was experienting with his rubix snake he got for his birthday and got his finger stuck :eek: no harm done other then a stubbed toe from when I dashed across the landing bog-eyed-semi-awake :rotfl:

This morning I've dropped both boys of at school/preschool and braved the rain to make it to Aldi! All unpacked and a lovely beef brisket is now in the croc pot for tea and some chicken thighs roasting in the oven for a lunchtime salad! I'm taking 5 minutes to throw my boiled eggs down my neck and slurp this 'orrible concoction that is fruit tea..... caffine free and supposedly good for me :o if is a long way of Stripes custard creams and a milky cuppa!

Meeting at school soon, so best get a wriggle on but it is safe to say I am looking forward to it! Superman has settled in amazingly at his new school and doing awesome. His early morning wake up call means I've had time to tame my unslightly bedhead do and slap on some war paint. Always feel more confident when I'm less "au natural" and more "yummy mummy" :rotfl:

Thankfully I get text alerts on my bills account as I had forgotten to transfer the DD money over this month ready for them going out today.... saved me the embarrassment of unpaided bills and the expense of bank charges! Must be more money focused, I've been preoccupied with Superman's birthday and Master Hinge's school visits.

Right time to dash!

Mrs H x
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Custard creams :drool:
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Lovely new diary Mrs H, so pleased that things are going well, especially pleased that all the little H's are settled and enjoying school etc, just such a shame that their school lives could not have begun in this way, but life is as it is and it is "now" that is important.
    MM
    xx

Not really keen on biccies, but could lob a few buttered cheese scones your way. I too bought some fruit tea for health reasons, it actually tastes OK, but I cannot stop mainlining on the english breakfast stuff
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • mary_hinge
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Lovely new diary Mrs H, so pleased that things are going well, especially pleased that all the little H's are settled and enjoying school etc, just such a shame that their school lives could not have begun in this way, but life is as it is and it is "now" that is important.
    MM
    xx

Not really keen on biccies, but could lob a few buttered cheese scones your way. I too bought some fruit tea for health reasons, it actually tastes OK, but I cannot stop mainlining on the english breakfast stuff

Welcome to my new abode MM, the venue may of changed but rest is just the same :D

It certainly is what it is or was what it was..... either way it's done now and they are all doing great! :D

Roast beef, yorkie puds, roast potatoes, mash and veggies for tea! Not sure I'll have the heavy stuff it's clubbersize this evening and I don't want to enjoy it twice :rotfl:
  • mary_hinge
    :j Morning folks!

I collected my 2.5stone awards at fat club today :beer:

Superman is home today after a vomitting spat at school yesterday :cool: he is perfectly fine today and currently being a tazmania devil terrorising the living room!

Dinner tonight will be roast chicken and chips with spring greens.... or it will be when Mr H finally loads the DW and cleans the sides!! He is preoccupied with the PS4 and I am getting rather impatient and frustrated :mad: ......10.....9......8....and breathe!

Bank looks good, I've caught on on my admin/budgeting and slightly panicked that it is Missy H's birthday in 3 weeks time and I've planned nothing and bought nothing! Then I remembered I have loads of tesco vouchers exchanged for a meal out, plenty to cover the food so just drinks to buy..... It's all good :o

Mrs H x
  • mary_hinge
    :j

Today I have booked master H's birthday party for a bargain price of £99.....the offer is for 20 children, 2 hours soft play and a hot food buffet :money::money:all we need is a cake and to turn up :o no stress :D Just how I need it to be!! I also bought 2 new bras (much needed I was down to my last one :eek:) and 3 new summer tops (size smaller!!) at £3 each in the asda sale! :T

Superman is home from school this afternoon.... he has found that if he makes himself sick he gets time off :( it isn't that he doesn't want to be there as he loves it there, its just that he wants to be home with me more :cool: School are working on helping break this habit but its small steps!

Cod, chips and veggies for tea.... so a throw it in the oven job! I'm bushed so a quick tea is in order. Not sure why I'm running on empty today.... i went for a 5minute rest :cool: at teatime last night and woke up to superman at 4am :rotfl:

Mrs H x
  • mary_hinge
    :j:j School's out for the summer!! :j:j

Missy H has just arrived home, Superman and master H finished yesterday! :D

Holiday prep began with a huge "what to do?!" planning session! We currently have a grid with all our days off, appointments and planned activities that are already booked :o I love any excuse to get the felt tips out :rotfl:

Superman Helped with the shopping, he walked around Aldi with his new calculator adding up the prices...... thankfully the bill came to £63.08 and not the :eek:£44908,76 that he had predicted :rotfl:

I snapped up some bargains in last minute bidding wars and bought superman some bits to design his own comic books :D it is his new passion and after spending hours researching on youtube he is ready to begin ;) Also found some curtains reduced in the B&Q sale to fit the huge patio doors, match the decor perfectly and are fully black out lined.... May stop the neighbours getting an eyeful of Superman or Mr H ironing in his pants :o

So what has everyone got on their summer holiday survival list?!

Mrs H x
  • Late to the party but I'm here!!

Well done on the 2.5stone! I'm piling it all back on at the mo :o.

How did you get on with changeover from DLA to PiP? DH was called for an assessment last Sunday, so we are just waiting for the decision letter now.

Jealous you've broken up for summer! We have one more week Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills