Mortgage on Tier 2 -4 and half years remaining

Hello,

I have 5 years Tier 2 general visa and been living and working in UK for last 6 months. I went to Lloyds bank which originally gave me an "agreement in principle" for a certain amount. 5x(my_yearly_salary). I found a home and put in an offer which got accepted. However, today when I went to the bank to make the final application, they told me that they require "Indefinite leave to remain" before they can offer a mortgage to a non-EU citizen. I do have "Permanent residence" in another EU country but it didn't help.

I am able to put 20~30 percent deposit (well, depends upon total mortgage value). Would there be any other lender which would offer me a mortgage? Is it worth to go to a broker? I am guessing the length of my stay in UK is working against me.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Yes, I can think of a couple of lenders who would lend to you.

Contact an independent broker. Ask friends (and family) for a recommendation.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure