Moved Address - Eligibility Dropped

Options
Hi Folks,

I have moved in to a new build address last month and my credit report has since updated and my credit cards/loan eligibility has substantially dropped and I am no longer pre-approved/high chance of approval for most cards.

I also use Klarna when buying from ASOS from time to time and I wasn't able to do this since I've changed address either. My understanding is that this is only an identity check so a bit stumped as to why it's declining.

I have updated most of my accounts to my new address however I understand this may take time to update on my report.

My question is, would the change of address be the reason why lenders are not giving me pre-approval and if so should it rectify itself once all my credit accounts have updated my address with the reference agencies?

Comments

• stevenhp1987
    Options
    I would imagine it to start settling once everything is updated with your address (accounts, electoral roll etc).

However, the approval chances might be different for some accounts as some lenders may take the length of time at your current address into account.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Are you on the Electoral Roll?

The CRA's need time to update with your new information so try again in a month or 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure