Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Good evening paw sniffers:D

Do you understand the APG deals we post?

DD made Thai green curry for tea and we opened a bottle of prosecco:T We had a lovely hour or so with her:)

Are we all having a nice evening?:)

Hi Pawsniffer, yes I understand how it works. It is very complicated. I sent the group a message here a long time ago about Bannisters loaded potato skins being £1.29 at Asda but they were showing up as 50p at Tesco on mysupermarket because Tesco had stopped them.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Woolco wrote: »
    Hi Pawsniffer, yes I understand how it works. It is very complicated. I sent the group a message here a long time ago about Bannisters loaded potato skins being £1.29 at Asda but they were showing up as 50p at Tesco on mysupermarket because Tesco had stopped them.

What was your username a long time ago Woolco?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Lovely TM.
    Is she settled in?
    That's lovely, and nice to be waited upon for a change :)

She's taken to it like a duck to water. She has no TV or internet yet so is reading and enjoying it. We helped put up some lights tonight and plumbed in the washer....so it wasnt quite a free tea:rotfl:

Everything is silver grey and dusty pink and looks classy....that won't last long:rotfl::rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Woolco
    davemorton wrote: »
    If you have that time on your hands, wombling at adsa would probably help a lot. People have been known not to need to spend any/much money on grocery's all month.

I will take whats left, saves people from saying I am cheating :p

Hi. Thanks for this. My Asda is inside a shopping centre and I don't seem to see these receipts but will make a point of looking. :)
  • davemorton
    Forumite
    She's taken to it like a duck to water. She has no TV or internet yet so is reading and enjoying it. We helped put up some lights tonight and plumbed in the washer....so it wasnt quite a free tea:rotfl:

Everything is silver grey and dusty pink and looks classy....that won't last long:rotfl::rotfl:

:eek: No internet, who she think she is, Anon??
  • Woolco
    Hi Dave, no I have rejoined after originally joining in 2008. I couldn't remember my password and the system is sending the reset link to my BT (Talk21) email account. But this has been closed for at least a year as they were going to charge me £5 per month just for email. So Woolco is what I picked as a new user. This is where I had my 1st job.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Think I've just seen hornetgirl in the Graham Norton audience:eek:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Hi Dave, no I have rejoined after originally joining in 2008. I couldn't remember my password and the system is sending the reset link to my BT (Talk21) email account. But this has been closed for at least a year as they were going to charge me £5 per month just for email. So Woolco is what I picked as a new user. This is where I had my 1st job.

I had a Saturday job in Woollies. I started off in Fancy goods, moved onto pick and mix and ended up on the deli. I couldn't work the scales so just put whatever I thought in a bag:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 13 April 2018 at 10:41PM
    Hi everybody. I was wondering if I could ask a MASSIVE favour. I have become unemployed and hope this is only for temporary reasons. As I have time on my hands I am walking during the day to keep busy. I am trying to make my Jobseeker's Allowance go far and so have time to visit all the supermarkets really. Apart from J Sainsbury, they are all within 45 minutes walk. I have put Greenjinn, Checkoutsmart and Shopmium on my phone. Using these I am saving money but also mainly shopping at Tesco and using their brand match on goods cheaper elsewhere. I know the Asda one is 10% cheaper but it seems too complicated. Can you give me any more tips to get my £73 benefit stretching further?

Thankyou, gracias, merci, danke, grazie......

I think A is the best and is the easiest one of all and I think is the one that most of us find gives the best returns. The fact it offers 10% cheaper increases the value of the vouchers from what they would be if it were merely a match and you can get vouchers even where A is cheaper (which it often is) but is not 10% cheaper. T offers [Strike]discounts[/Strike] the same price:wall: to shoppers at the till on comparable branded items as the competitor that has the cheapest overall price for the total of the branded items bought where at least ten different items were bought. This will result in people paying more for a branded item than a cheaper competitor where another competitor comes out cheapest overall on branded items and is more expensive on that branded item than the cheapest competitor for it:rotfl:. As you can see, it's fairly complicated. However the point for us is that as people have the Brand Guarantee applied at the till, there is no discarded voucher or receipt to be found. Otherwise you could try to collect CC or Nectar points but they are not immediately redeemable. In addition, if you are trying to use Nectar points to pay at S, you will, in my view, need to find more points to be able to buy anything worthwhile due to what I perceive to be S's generally higher prices. Therefore you will need to pay more to get the same number of items or get less for the money.

At A you can simply collect receipts from outside the store (car parks, trolleys etc. but not bins as the contents of bins legally belong to the bin owner), with internet access enter the long receipt numbers into the website, create an account and claim/print vouchers that are offered. Take the vouchers with their original receipt and you can buy goods immediately from A.

I wouldn't use receipts that are timed within minutes of each other on the same date against one shop. Be discreet (as everyone except me easily manages to do whilst I always end up drawing attention to myself:o) and use no more than three vouchers against one shop. If you use four or five, don't do it too often.

You can even get vouchers back from shops where you buy at least eight different grocery items that are in stock on A's website, especially if you do target shops. However, you can just pay for the odd one or two items as and when needed with each one voucher you get (however much is covered by the voucher amount). You could probably survive that way alone, depending on how many vouchers you manage to get and if you buy lower value essentials items such as the S/price range, even though they can work out more expensive than doing target shop glitches.

If you find any items on wombled receipts that are on COS/Shopmum, you can submit those.

Sorry to hear of your situation, although the vouchers could be worthwhile to anyone who is unemployed. Best of luck.

I think T's scheme generally is not worthwhile unless you have coupons and a cheaper competitor price to match - but then need to buy nine more, in my view unnecessary items - you can't just buy the one item that you have a coupon for and get the match. It has the benefit of being easily understood by people generally, who probably think it is giving them something worthwhile. Somehow, simply entering a receipt number into a website is seen as too complicated:huh:. In fact it's easy, straightforward and can give near immediate vouchers for use off shops - and there's no doubt about where you need to go to spend them.
  • davemorton
    Forumite
    I had a Saturday job in Woollies. I started off in Fancy goods, moved onto pick and mix and ended up on the deli. I couldn't work the scales so just put whatever I thought in a bag:rotfl:

why am i not suprised that they moved you from fancy goods? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family