NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• S_uk
    S_uk Posts: 337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    derrick wrote: »
    And what makes you think they won't? They have until midnight!
    Well according to their customer service agent, it should be 'by close of business' today, which to me doesn't necessarily mean midnight.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    S_uk wrote: »
    Well according to their customer service agent, it should be 'by close of business' today, which to me doesn't necessarily mean midnight.

They were probably trying to get you off the phone quickly so they could go back to processing the manual bonus payments. ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • S_uk
    EachPenny wrote: »
    They were probably trying to get you off the phone quickly so they could go back to processing the manual bonus payments. ;)
    Well on twitter Natwest has replied to a comment in relation to the payment by saying that
    close of business would relate to around 5/6pm
    So there we have it. Just over an hour to go!
  • S_uk wrote: »
    Well on twitter Natwest has replied to a comment in relation to the payment by saying that

There will be one huge panic at Nat West HQ with all these manual payments to be processed by 6pm. Serves them right for paying the bonus to all qualifiers within a very short time frame.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There will be one huge panic at Nat West HQ with all these manual payments to be processed by 6pm. Serves them right for paying the bonus to all qualifiers within a very short time frame.

Panic = lots of mistakes. And where there are mistakes there is compo...

I shall be almost disappointed if my payment appears today...
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    S_uk wrote: »

Excellent. Lets all rely on a a tweet from a NatWest employee who says that close of business is either 5pm, 6pm, or somewhere in between.
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Panic = lots of mistakes. And where there are mistakes there is compo...

I shall be almost disappointed if my payment appears today...

Given the propensity of NatWest to process transactions with dates that do not match to when they actually happen, I suspect we will get a lot of late payments that miraculously have the credit date of 13 April.
  • Makes you realise how far the British retail banking system has descended into total banality. The cream of graduates from our top universities with first class honours degrees enticed into a career in banking in a taxpayer-owned bank working on this sort of nonsense.
  • S_uk
    Herbalus wrote: »
    Excellent. Lets all rely on a a tweet from a NatWest employee who says that close of business is either 5pm, 6pm, or somewhere in between.
    In that case maybe Natwest shouldn't allow their employees who represent their company to put such information out via their official social media account into the public sphere, in answer to a direct question, if the information is not going to be reliable?
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    NatWest normally do business online and over the phone 24 hours a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure