Pip assessment

Comments

• It's how they are reducing benefits, if you can travel you can work.only tell them about your bad days and be prepared to appeal. my goodness it;s all so complicated now, I think they hope people will just give up.
    best wishes xx
  • bspm
    bspm Posts: 541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The simple answer is that I didn't know that the centre could be changed - there is nothing advising you of that on either the ATOS website or in the notes/letters etc received from the assessor/DWP.
    Maybe there should be information of that nature available.

To me all of this seems to be about playing a game. If I did that, if I did this - how would it be interpreted by the assessor/DWP.
    As for a home assessment, that is available only to those that have their GP visit them at home as they cannot get to the surgery - I don't fit that category.

That is wrong information and you really should stop misleading people.

I have had two PIP home assessments, all I did was ask for them, yes I have mobility issues but I am quite capable of getting out and about and going to my GP, my GP never visits me.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    bspm wrote: »

I have had two PIP home assessments, all I did was ask for them, yes I have mobility issues but I am quite capable of getting out and about and going to my GP, my GP never visits me.
    Very true that. I've heard of many people who've had home assessments and all they did was ask for them and they got it.
  • bspm wrote: »

So why did the guy at the Jobcentre when he filled out my PIP2 claim form write in the box about assessments put that I wanted one at their centre? He never asked as if I had a choice.
  • poppy12345 wrote: »
    Very true that. I've heard of many people who've had home assessments and all they did was ask for them and they got it.
    Who do you ask?
  • poppy12345
    Who do you ask?
    well you request one when filling the form out obviously. Either that or once you have your appoitment through for assessment, ring and ask then.
  • poppy12345
    So why did the guy at the Jobcentre when he filled out my PIP2 claim form write in the box about assessments put that I wanted one at their centre? He never asked as if I had a choice.
    I'm surprised you didn't know this as you "claim" to know so much about PIP and assessments.
  • tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's how they are reducing benefits, if you can travel you can work.only tell them about your bad days and be prepared to appeal. my goodness it;s all so complicated now, I think they hope people will just give up.
    best wishes xx

But you can work and claim PIP depending on the disability.

Disabeld people also travel for holidays and day to day life.

Are you saying all disabled people should state they can't travel?

Also only telling them about your bad days is fraud.
  • It's how they are reducing benefits, if you can travel you can work.only tell them about your bad days and be prepared to appeal. my goodness it;s all so complicated now, I think they hope people will just give up.
    best wishes xx

This is terrible advice as anyone who does this is committing fraud. You should state what happens on an average day, then include what happens on bad days and how often they occur. To use bad days only is saying that you are like that all of the time.
  • A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    A_Flock_Of_Sheep Posts: 5,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    edited 25 February 2017 at 12:21PM
    tomtom256 wrote: »
    But you can work and claim PIP depending on the disability.

Disabeld people also travel for holidays and day to day life.

Are you saying all disabled people should state they can't travel?

Also only telling them about your bad days is fraud.

One of the questions frequentl asked at the assessment is "have you been on holiday in the last two or three years". If you say "yes" they will then ask where.

You will then find remarks in the reports such as "was able to sit for 2 hours on a plane, in a car, on a train" was able to plan a holiday and as such can manage household bills and plan a journey.

God forbid if you tell them you drive as this is the carp that then comes out where you score 0 points and then have the cheek to appeal.

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/10229/

If you think they are there to take a sensible approach to how disabled people live their lives in reality you are wrong. If you apply for PIP always keep it in mind that to get it you can do no more than breathe and hold a square of toilet tissue. Even then if you retrieve a hanky from your pocket in the assessment they note that and say you can wash unaided.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure