Octopus Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• LeicesterJohn
    Options
    Submitted 6/2.
    On 14/2 they state National Database says I have E7 meter and said they would put me on E7 tariff. WHAT!! With no discussion!!?
    Just because the meter can split the readings doesn't mean I have to have E7 tariff - don't have storage htrs and it's def not in my interest.
    My readings for years have always been for a standard tariff so no splits have been recorded. Octopus just come up with an arbitrary split out of thin air! I have objected and despite a response saying our average reply time is 12 hrs and despite a reminder I'm up to 48hrs+ and still waiting (& this is the enhanced service negotiated with MSE?!).
    Beginning to think I've made a mistake switching to them.
    Awaiting reply but may end up cancelling at this rate
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Submitted 6/2.
    On 14/2 they state National Database says I have E7 meter and said they would put me on E7 tariff. WHAT!! With no discussion!!?
    Just because the meter can split the readings doesn't mean I have to have E7 tariff - don't have storage htrs and it's def not in my interest.
    My readings for years have always been for a standard tariff so no splits have been recorded. Octopus just come up with an arbitrary split out of thin air! I have objected and despite a response saying our average reply time is 12 hrs and despite a reminder I'm up to 48hrs+ and still waiting (& this is the enhanced service negotiated with MSE?!).
    Beginning to think I've made a mistake switching to them.
    Awaiting reply but may end up cancelling at this rate

Call them. A family member is switching an E7 meter to them at the moment. He was advised that the transfer has to go through as an E7 meter. Once the transfer has been completed, then they will switch him internally to single rate billing. The meter will still remain as an E7 meter on the database.
  • LeicesterJohn
    Options
    Looked all over the website and their emails for a phone no but couldn't see one -anybody know what it is?
  • System
    Options
    looked all over the website and their emails for a phone no but couldn't see one -anybody know what it is?

0808 164 1088
  • FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 February 2018 at 1:44PM
    Options
    Looked all over the website and their emails for a phone no but couldn't see one -anybody know what it is?

0808 164 1088

https://octopus.energy/contact-us/

or if you prefer to pay for your calls

0330 808 1080

Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm

https://octopus.energy/press-enquiries/
  • missmaybesaver
    Options
    You can also send them a message via Facebook Messenger - they usually reply pretty quickly.
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Latest collective switch to Octopus went very smoothly - only fly in the ointment was the early DD request from the housekeeping budget account (good job the bank texts me if there is insufficient funs in an account) ALL my DDs leave on the 1st of the month and I had selected this date for my Octopus DDs - wasn't expecting the 'up front' months payment DD today!! So we are in effect paying a month in advance - I didn't spot that in the small print (yes I know its there ...)
  • CudsN15
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm having an issue with Octopus Energy at the moment. I joined as part of the Collective switch and like everyone else and all seems to have gone very smoothly until I have just checked my final bill with my old supplier - Sainsbury's Energy - which was from a previous collective switch.

I spoke to a Sainsbury's representative (got through straightaway and they were very polite and professional) and they told me Octopus have given them a gas reading lower than the one I had given them and no Electricity meter reading! Sainsbury's then estimated the electricity but under estimated by just over 1,000 units!

My account is in credit by some £250 which will probably cover the shortfall but I had hoped to cancel the Sainsbury's DD by now but it looks like they will automatically take out another £85 on the 1st March along with Octopus' £90 so I'll be double paying!

I notified Octopus be email on Friday afternoon (like another user I couldn't find a phone number on the web site or any of their e-mails) and received the standard "we'll reply within 12 hours". I hadn't heard anything by this morning so I have sent off another e-mail asking them to respond. So far I have to say my confidence in this company is very low.
  • System
    Options
    CudsN15 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm having an issue with Octopus Energy at the moment. I joined as part of the Collective switch and like everyone else and all seems to have gone very smoothly until I have just checked my final bill with my old supplier - Sainsbury's Energy - which was from a previous collective switch.

I spoke to a Sainsbury's representative (got through straightaway and they were very polite and professional) and they told me Octopus have given them a gas reading lower than the one I had given them and no Electricity meter reading! Sainsbury's then estimated the electricity but under estimated by just over 1,000 units!

My account is in credit by some £250 which will probably cover the shortfall but I had hoped to cancel the Sainsbury's DD by now but it looks like they will automatically take out another £85 on the 1st March along with Octopus' £90 so I'll be double paying!

I notified Octopus be email on Friday afternoon (like another user I couldn't find a phone number on the web site or any of their e-mails) and received the standard "we'll reply within 12 hours". I hadn't heard anything by this morning so I have sent off another e-mail asking them to respond. So far I have to say my confidence in this company is very low.

Hi - welcome to the forum. I fear that you may have confused Sainsburys. There is no need to give the old supplier any meter readings when you switch away. This is handled by the gaining supplier. It will have asked you for meter readings which once verified via the industry are then passed to both suppliers to open and close your accounts. Sainsburys now has 2 options: one, it can accept the meter readings that it has been given or, two, it can raise an Agreed Readings Dispute which can take up to 12 weeks to resolve.

What happens during a reading dispute?

First of all, we ask for 2 readings, at least 2 weeks apart. We'll look at how much energy you normally use – and work out what the meter readings should be.

The difference between the original reading and the new, estimated reading must be more than:

1200kWhs (39 units for imperial, 109 units for metric) for gas

250kWhs for electricity

If it’s lower than that, we can’t open a dispute.

If it’s higher, we’ll open a dispute.

We'll send the meter readings you gave us to your previous supplier to show them what we think the opening or closing readings should be. We won't send you a statement for the energy we're disputing until everything's sorted, so your balance might not be 100% accurate while the dispute is going on. (source: Ovo)
  • CudsN15
    Options
    Hi Hengus,

Thanks for the reply - To be clear I did not give Sainsbury's any readings - I gave my final meter readings to Octopus.

When I checked my final bill from Sainsbury's that's where I noticed the wrong meter reading was on the gas bill and an estimated reading on the electrcity bill.

I have not given Sainsbury's any readings - even now - as the Sainsbury's representative told me to contact Octopus to resolve this.

As of yet I have not had an individual reply from Octopus.

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure