Whatusersdo

Comments

• I have worked for this company and I am very happy with them. The work I have done for them which has been at least half a dozen has been paid for and I have only waited a couple of weeks for the payment. I find it really satisfying giving my opinions about things that I think work well and others that dont so it can help improve the web design and make it easier for other users to use the sites. Its also work you can do from home.
  • How many tests have people been getting recently, both mobile and normal? I had one through almost as soon as I signed up, which encouraged me, but then nothing for the last week. Had invitation to Mobile testing but discovered my old iPhone can't support the software :-( Would buy a cheap tablet (£30 refurb) if I knew it'd be worth it in terms of numbers of mobile tests. From last couple of posts here it seems that the number of available tests has maybe declined in last ?year ? Thank you.
  • Rosscal
    Rosscal Posts: 13 Forumite
    How many tests have people been getting recently, both mobile and normal? I had one through almost as soon as I signed up, which encouraged me, but then nothing for the last week. Had invitation to Mobile testing but discovered my old iPhone can't support the software :-( Would buy a cheap tablet (£30 refurb) if I knew it'd be worth it in terms of numbers of mobile tests. From last couple of posts here it seems that the number of available tests has maybe declined in last ?year ? Thank you.

Hi,

I just had 2 mobile tests tonight. last one I had was a few weeks ago and it was rejected for not completing it. I messaged about that because I couldn't complete it because the app I was to test didn't work. disappointing waste of time and not had any support regarding it. Due my first payment next week though for my first test and next payment in June i'm due £18 (extra £2 thanks to the person who signed up with my referral code :))

I have also been screened out of a lot of tests also, and something tests go online without an email notification so might be worth logging in now and again to check but don't go out of your way.

hope this helps
  • vitamin_joe
    vitamin_joe Posts: 652 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 July 2016 at 10:07AM
    Anyone know how long you get to accept a test? I was out when I got the email, so I rushed home, but missed the window of opportunity...

edit- I emailed the help team, and they can't put a figure on it. First come first served.
  • t*ovi
    t*ovi Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Has anybody successfully joined using a chromebook?
  • I've just signed up but got a message stated I needed to download software to do the video audition. I was redirected to the download software option which I selected. A new page opened but then the screen remained blank and no further software options appeared, so I can't do the audition. Does anyone have any ideas how to get over this stumbling block because I really would like to try this site.
    Thanks
  • You could try a different browser perhaps or email users@whatusersdo.com. I contacted them about a faulty test on that address once and they replied within 24 hours.

As a general update to my post above, since joining last October (shortly before the reward was reduced) I have received 38 test invites. I didn't get there quick enough for 16, was screened out for 17 and have completed 5. [Though some of the screenouts were due to me ticking the "prefer not to answer" option on the question, and I hadn't exactly been rushing to my computer on receiving the invites.] I'd still recommend giving it a go! Thank you to those who used my referrers code.
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Can you pause a test if you need to?
  • Cost anything to test the websites?
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    epicben wrote: »
    Cost anything to test the websites?

nothing at all
    Ex forum ambassador