NST Join In January 2019 - In With The New

Options

Comments

• XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Spend free days (NSD’s) – Aiming for 15 - 4/15 - Hoping for another one today but DH is going to Arg05 in Sains to pick up an ironing board so it is touch and go.

Make plans for the month – booked and paid for a guided walk with friends for March and deposit paid for walking challenge in June. Finally made it to the cinema with DH and DS. Took own sweets and drinks :A

Always pay your debts first – Used the OP pot I had been saving to restart EF used for roof and pay a bit more off one of the CC

List your frogs – Progress on CV but still not re-written frog list. Will do this today. Aiming to pick a couple of biggies to get done by the end of the month.

Little Savings – restarted EF savings

Chill out – sitting in a clean house with most of the ironing done chills me out.

Helping others – nothing to add

Always be grateful – This weekend I am grateful for my DH who:

1) took DS training so that I could finish cleaning the house top to bottom
    2) helped DS do his homework (first time ever!) when DS was pushing my buttons as only an 8 year old can
    3) did the ironing, fixed a door handle, listed a couple of items for sale and polished my car

New to You – no progress

Get involved – Hello turtles :)

Exercise – caught up on Thursday's missed run on Friday and ran on Sunday. Remembered how much I enjoy running and enjoying starting again slowly with C25K.

Sort it out – freezer list has lots of crossings out as things are getting used, ate the last mince pie and drank a bottle of wine leftover from Christmas entertaining. This week I need to concentrate on using up the fresh stuff and veg before this week's box arrives
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NSD today - 16/20.
    Walked in the park.
    Grateful for:
    Spoke to brother on phone.
    Seeing geese in the park.
    Having a very chilled out day.
    Dealt with a few frogs.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for such a crisp day, for cheerful pupils, for a lovely chat with a colleague, for getting my marking done, for dh cooking tea, for cuddles with dd, for dd loving netball, for my physio, for having so much.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    Making collies happy always counts.

Apologies again for my absence. Getting medicine into DD is like trying to nail down jelly. The medicine itself makes her a different sort of poorly (think tummy) on top of the joy with the medicine. My life seems to pretty much revolve around it, nappies, trying to convince her to continue to try solids and keep her misery to a minimum. Went to her group this morning and she looked so miserable, not slept all day, despite trying everything. Had a cheaty, yellow sticker dinner (picked up whilst pushing the pram round trying to get her to sleep all afternoon!), got her in bed and now having a small glass of wine (cheers lauren!)

Ugh. Anyway. NSD 10/15 (maybe I'll make it after all?). Budgets not looking too happy but cupboards are full, donations made, no need of anything til we run out of eggs so not all bad at all.

Gratitudes
    - wine. And DD now being asleep
    - yellow sticker items giving me an excuse to cheat for dinner (20p pack of finger rolls, added glazed Linda McCartney sausages with caramelized onions, worked out just over £1 for 2 of us to have 2 each)
    - BeeCat is currently behaving himself (this is rare)
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just 5 long years to retirement. I've had a lovely day. DS3 said Happy Birthday (thank you bookface) and had fb messages from d-i-l and her mother.

Mum had put Happy Birthday signs (Cut up greetings card plus my name) on her front door and on the mantlepiece. Man in a van delivered my food. Lots of reading and dozing and watching black and white movies. I put tea out (enough for tomorrow as well). Came home a bit early (between 7 and 8pm) as my food was arriving too.

Ds3 has bought me 3 boxes of chocolates (can't complain as it's the first time he's ever bought me a present, I think). There were 2 x 10 pound notes tucked in between. I was told to look at the receipt - he had bought a lottery ticket and it won. Upstairs was a large present from DS2. He has bought me a teal coloured 'velvet' bedspread. That was a surprise as I usually have to wait for his pay day before I get a card and present (although we sometimes do a film and takeaway curry). Part of DS2's efforts to make me more 'girly'.

Food has been delivered (have to go back down to put away the fridge stuff) and am currently resting my ankle on the bed.

Today I am grateful for lovely surprises, for things that made me smile, for managing most of the day limping round quite successfully, for clean hair and good food.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Birthday MotherNerd :beer:

Today is NSD #16. Aiming for 19 this week but hoping for 20.
    Tesco sent me 3x £8 off a £40 shop -woohoo - so I did a food order to be collected on Thursday. The price is now about the same as Id have paid at Aldi but coupled with free click & collect it's a no brainer.
    I had a little panic before when I went to wrap my friends daughter's gift & realised DH has moved my wrapping paper. All of it has gone. But I remembered I had some brown paper & my LO coloured it in for her. Saved me buying more & kept them entertained.I reckon it looked quite lovely!!Also I Finally got round to hiding my 9p chocolate coins for the kids & doing a treasure hunt, the kids loved it. :jSo I must look out for some more next time im in Aldi.
    Hub got his dates for going away. I basically see him next in April :( Except for a few intermittent days when hes back. However it is more cash & we did come up with a plan today to pay the car loan off by September :cool:

Greatful today for my neighbours little girl coming round to play, the kids had so much fun! For cold left over pie for lunch , nom! & for Tesco vouchers meaning I dont need to venture into the shops with two very little people!!

Hope you all have a nice evening!

Cheers, lavender! :beer:
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No.33 checking in!! So sorry for being AWOL... work has been full on but have tried to keep up with sleep, more exercise and eating sensibly. Only 2 evenings of some alcohol this month (I started on 5th but you know what I mean) - it’s been good for me.

NSDs have been tricky but overall with no money we aren’t spending much. We cant! The first big debt went this month. That was a good feeling! Onto the next one now and sorting out tax and some funds for DD1 who starts uni next year..

Have a good week fellow Turtles x
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happy birthday mothernerd :bdaycake:

Spend free days (NSD’s)I'm going to aim for 20 as money is going to be pretty tight this month - now on 13/20.

Make plans for the monthI've got a couple of things planned for this month but will make sure that they are as low budget as possible - next up is theatre evening with the girls, ticket already paid for but will probably go out for a meal/drinks before.

Always pay your debts firstBudget is done for January and debt payment has been made - nothing additional paid.

List your frogsMade a start on this and will add to the list as I think of more - passport photos done.

Little savings I've added a whole £2.50 to my emergency fund taking it to £9.50 :rotfl:, will continue to add as I can - nothing added.

Chill out – Will aim to read a bit every day. I've also got a few adult colouring books which have been sitting there for ages so will aim to do some colouring in too - spent some time colouring.

Helping others – I've set up a charity donation which will come out at the start of the month. I'll also add items to the food bank whenever I'm in the supermarket - nothing added.

Always be gratefulWill post 3 gratitudes each day. - coffee, good shift at work, hm egg fried rice for tea :)

New to YouMe and OH are planning to do a huge sort though of all our stuff, there's still unopened boxes from when we moved in, who knows what treasures we might find ;) - nothing done.

Get involvedI always struggle with daily posting but will try this month - I'm here :D although missed a few days :o

ExerciseI really need to get back into exercising regularly. Now have new running shoes so no excuses! - nothing for the past few days.

Sort it out I don't really have anything in the cupboards lurking that doesn't get used except spices but will aim to use up some of them - nothing used.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 22 January 2019 at 12:20AM
    Options
    Hi Turtles:j

Happy Birthday mothernerd :j:j:j:j:j:j:j Sounds like it's been a good one so far..

NSDs – Aiming for 10 as am going away on 22nd for a few days (Christmas treat) : still 11/10 as a spend day today

Make plans for the month – Planned visit to Barcelona later in the month. Rail ticket & plane already paid for. No more plans as yet...hols next week. Plan to go out with DH after I get back. To be discussed!

Always pay your debts first – No debts but do use a cc which is paid in full every month...need to rein this in, spending has been frightful of late..CC paid off in full, now need to make sure it doesn't rack up to those levels this month. No spends today. Going to restart PAD payments to try & get cc balance down. Will check out TCB as I have ££ in there I meant to get out for Christmas - then forgot, doh! Will get DH to look at TCB to see the most cost effective way to withdraw cash. Might have to wait until after I get back now....lots of things fall into this category.

[/COLOR]List your frogs – Started another very large frog this week, but am pleased with progress. (Clearing bedroom). Done some frogs from list, now need to list more as plenty still to get to grips with...did another 15 mins on bedroom last night & aim to do same tonight. More progress on bedroom frog, also on kitchen frog. Massive fridge frog now done, polishes halo. Fridge is currently pretty full but does include leftovers from past 2 days suppers which DH can hot up whilst we're away. Plus had to get fresh meat for doggies.

Little Savings Nothing today

Chill out – working on this. Always read before sleeping but sometimes counterproductive as I want to keep reading, then can't sleep! Also have been continuing with my complex knitting, can now do whilst watching tv....also needles came today for next very big project..More of the complex knitting, it's really looking like a pattern now, getting to grips with it before I tackle the really big project. And did some FH today as well. Chilled out with the papers for a short time this afternoon. No gardening as too cold/ground frozen, but out with beasts. Collie bereft as I accidently lobbed his squeaky pig over next doors...he lives to fetch. Never mind, rummaging in pantry knocked a carrier bag which grunted (!) was filled with grunty pigs. And oddly, a cow - which also grunts..I must have put them away as you do with a child who has too many toys. He is now fetching an orange pig with a festive scarf...happy happy collie. Out with pooches this afternoon, idly wondering how long you'd have to throw the grunty one before Leo the collie got fed up of bringing it back? Didn't attempt to test the theory though.

Helping othersglad that making the collie happy counted, I can make him happy every day! And also the other two...but to make them really happy biscuits are involved.

Always be grateful – Grateful for today:

- YS pizzas for supper, well I did make the coleslaw..

- OOD Nutella bars

- DH lending a hand with the washing up..

New to You – looking for things to take with me found lots that I'd forgotten about.

Get involved I'm here!

Exercise Outside with dogs, playing fetch, plus planting some more bulbs - for indoors this time - and a clematis in front of one of our many sheds.

Sort it out – Need to do this & will be eating from stuffed freezers & cupboards for January. Still eating lots from stores but did stock up on a few things today. Will commit to making a proper inventory when I get back, I see many many storecupboard/freezer meals in my future....

Will be off on hols tomorrow so probably won't be able to check in but will read along if can!! Normal drivel/sorry service will resume on Saturday...

GO Turtles!!!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mothernerd - Wishing you a Happy Birthday.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport