6 years post bankruptcy

Options
Hi all,

Hoping people can clarify what happens at 6 years and 1 day for bankruptcies in the UK. Does your credit file automatically delete all reference to your bankruptcy and accounts associated with it? Does your credit rating surge if you've got nothing but good credit history for past 6 years with 14 positives and 0 negatives listed on your report?

I've also got 3 accounts associated with the bankruptcy that have default dates listed slightly later (weeks) than the date of the bankruptcy. Majority all have same default date of 03/09/13. I've tried changing the 3 outliers but with no joy.

Any advice? Should I just try again?

Thankyou everyone

Comments

• luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Hi give the credit reference agencies time to wipe it off as some only update on a monthly basis. Yes the B.R will be deleted, regarding the ones which are a few weeks later its really not worth bothering as these will drop of shortly afterwards.
    I waited 4 months then applied for a Marks and Spencer credit card, I did not bother with the ones for poor credit I was content to wait, also upgraded my basic bank account so feel like I am back to normal again.
    Good luck in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport