Moving internationally, be warned.

Options
Last year we moved back to the UK from Australia. Our belongings were treated in the most appalling fashion by the removals firm, with may items broken or destroyed. (Photos here.)

Also, they lost 6 boxes of our stuff, including the box with my wife's wedding dress in it.

They also delivered two boxes of other people's items, (which we returned.)

PM me if you want to avoid this company!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and who weren't so lazy.”

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No need for PMs, go ahead and identify the removals firm to make your warning useful.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I used Micheal Gerson when I moved to the USA, they were great.
  • fatbeetle
    fatbeetle Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    No need for PMs, go ahead and identify the removals firm to make your warning useful.
    Hi mate, I'd rather not name and shame publicly, they can probably afford better lawyers than we can!!
    “If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and who weren't so lazy.”
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Who packed? Some of those items don't look as if they have been packaged very well, a few sheets of tissue paper round them in single walled boxes, i'm not surprised.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    fatbeetle wrote: »
    Hi mate, I'd rather not name and shame publicly, they can probably afford better lawyers than we can!!

It doesn't matter which lawyers they have.
    Provided that what you post is true and can be shown to be true, you have nothing to worry about.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If the OP did the packing with insufficient protection, breakages aren't the removal company's fault. It is probably quite wise not to name and shame.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Put up or shut up.
    If you're that convinced it's the company's fault and you have
    evidence to prove it you have nothing to lose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure