Can you not write to HMRC?

Options
2»

Comments

• londoninvestor
    Options
    4 months for an in-specie transfer certainly isn't unprecedented.

But this...
    Every time i message Vanguard they basically say we are at the mercy of the fund manager and they are forwarding my messages to the transfer team.

...would have me complaining to Vanguard.

Claiming to be "at the mercy of" another department of the same company is pretty poor customer service.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    I didn't think you would take that as they used that exact phrase hence why i said "they basically say..." and didn't say "word for word they said...".

But to me that's pretty much what they were saying. Just kept saying see what HL says and these things can take time.
  • londoninvestor
    Options
    I didn't think you would take that as they used that exact phrase

That crosses over into full-on jobsworthism and I almost want to phone them up myself to complain!!

There's no harm chasing HL too, but I could sympathise with them saying (probably not literally!): "you wanted to transfer to Vanguard, and all the actions now sit with Vanguard, so there we are".
  • Reed_Richards
    Options
    Whereas the chances of getting any help from HMRC, however you contact them, are surely very small indeed.
    Reed
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Whereas the chances of getting any help from HMRC, however you contact them, are surely very small indeed.
    Why?

What is it you think i'm looking for from HMRC that you think they would be unable to help me?

If you think i'd be contacting them to hurry this transfer along then you're very wrong, so i can only assume you have something else in mind?
  • Reed_Richards
    Options
    Vanguard told you to contact HMRC. You don't know why but you still want to do it???
    Reed
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Easier to liquidate the holdings and transfer a cash balance.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    It just so happens that on Thursday i get an update from Vanguard saying the transfer has completed, yet it also shows as pending and the fund is still showing in my Hargreaves Lansdown account.

Progress of some sort, maybe.
    Vanguard told you to contact HMRC. You don't know why but you still want to do it???
    ......what?

I know why Vanguard told me to contact HMRC. My why to you was why do you think the chances of HMRC helping me (get the answer to my question) are small? I think my question would be fairly straight forward for them to answer would it not?
  • londoninvestor
    Options
    It just so happens that on Thursday i get an update from Vanguard saying the transfer has completed, yet it also shows as pending and the fund is still showing in my Hargreaves Lansdown account.

In that case maybe worth contacting HL and asking how and when they will communicate to HMRC that the ISA has been fully transferred?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure