Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Options

Comments

• KatieMW
    KatieMW Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Cd01 wrote: »
    I have just rang these amateurs to report a faulty diverter valve, and leaking boiler. I've been told my I'm not covered as technically the hot water works when the heating is on. The fact that it's minus 5 and we have a baby doesn't interest them. We had been away for a few days and my mother in law discovered the problem, and because it wasn't reported in 24 hours we are not covered. Shocking company, been with them 8 months and still never had a service, was told I would have to pay upfront for that and get money back????

Told the uninterested member of staff to stick their contract. (Text removed by MSE Forum Team) with sub standard customer service. You pay more with a reputable company for a good reason. Avoid 24/7 at all costs!!
    Sadly the wording says "Breakdown that results in a loss of heating and hot water " "You must telephone our helpline within 24 hours of the emergency occurring or within 24 hours of becoming aware of the emergency " But "Please note you are entitled to cancel your service
    agreement at any time irrespective of whether you are paying
    by direct debit or have paid by a single annual payment.
    You must provide 30 days clear notice of any cancellation" "If you cancel outside the cooling off period and have not
    made a claim you will not be subject to a cancellation fee. " However, they could say you made a claim despite it not being accepted. Try Trading Standards?
  • 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    Options
    scd3scd4 wrote: »
    From today......

Caravan15

Why the good reviews mean nothing
    They said if I put a review on Trustpilot , I will get one month free. which explains all the good "set up" reviews

and................

Vijay Palanivel

I took a policy out for boiler cover and gas safety certificate 2 weeks ago. I did not get the welcome email at all (yes, I checked my spam folder too). The next day, I had a lady calling me to put a review on Trustpilot and I was told that if I do that, I will get one month free. I asked her about the welcome email and it was sent after that. I couldnt log in.

Dear scd3scd4,

All positive reviews which are on Trust Pilot and other various websites are from all of our customers who had a positive experience with using 24/7 Home Rescue.

We offer our customers a free months worth of cover as a thank you for leaving the positive review. We would like to reassure you that these reviews are not an obligation and ultimately, they're posted at the customers discretion.

Thanks,
    James 24/7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 October 2018 at 12:04PM
    Options
    Dear scd3scd4,

All positive reviews which are on Trust Pilot and other various websites are from all of our customers who had a positive experience with using 24/7 Home Rescue.

We offer our customers a free months worth of cover as a thank you for leaving the positive review. We would like to reassure you that these reviews are not an obligation and ultimately, they're posted at the customers discretion.

Thanks,
    James 24/7 Home Rescue

Very few people are interested in reviews of the signing up process, the friendliness of the call staff, the website or just a basic service. And that is what most of the reviews are off on TP.

I think the reviews I quoted above from TP customers explain themself.
  • wadzee
    wadzee Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2018 at 12:48PM
    Options
    {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} Three engineer callouts over the period of a month (each time the engineer hasn't been able to fix, and we've needed to take another day off work to wait in). This time, I've had to do a Saturday so as not to lose any more work time. Was given an 8am-8pm slot and told to call on the day to get a better idea of arrival time.

Called Saturday morning and waited 53minutes to get through, just to be told they don't know what engineer is coming out and that I just need to wait. I would get a call 30mins before he arrives. 6pm - still no call. A 38minute hold before getting back through to the same operator and I'm told the same thing. "Definitely coming today between 8am-8pm, he will call before coming."

Well, guess what, NO engineer. I'm livid. Another wasted day and freezing my ar se off in a house without heating.

UPDATE:

Further to our no-show on Saturday, we had the engineer out today (another day off work) to be told the faulty gas valve can't be replaced and that the whole boiler would be deemed 'Beyond Economical Repair'. In other words, not their problem. A month without heating, to be told that it's not going to be fixed.

I have just had a third-party gas-safe engineer come over to look at the boiler. He said, quite categorically, that it's nothing to do with the valve, as gas is clearly getting into the combustion chamber. In fact, within 5 minutes, he used the Manufacturers' manual to isolate the problem to a faulty spark generator and ignitor. Two parts, less than £100, and a five minute fix. I'm livid!

I've called 247 back to explain, just to be rudely told that "we won't go against and engineers' report, if you disagree with our engineer's findings, you'll need to submit a complaint". Meanwhile, I'll just sit here and freeze my backside off?! I asked to speak to a manager, told no - he's busy, so I asked to wait. Was told she had other customers to help and that "My manager won't do anything different, and will back me up. You'll just need to fill out the online complaint form". Not giving up easily, I demanded a manager call me back, and was told that he would, within 2hours. I'm not holding my breath.........

{Text removed by MSE Forum Team}
  • 247homerescue
    edited 1 November 2018 at 12:51PM
    Options
    Dear Wadzee,

It is unfortunate to hear how you feel about 24/7 and the services we provide. We have read through your post thoroughly and we can confirm that it has been acknowledged.

We aim to ensure all call-outs take place and that an Engineer will be at your property on the day provided. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, our Engineers may not be able to attend due to personal issues or extreme weather conditions. We endeavor to inform you of any scheduling delays and problems, however, in certain situations, this may not be possible until closer to the appointment.

When a boiler is deemed Beyond Economical Repair, this means that the repairs will accumulate to 60% or more than the cost of the boiler. Due to the boiler being deemed BER 24/7 Home Rescue would be unable to cover any of the costs as stated in the Terms and Conditions provided at the point of purchase.

In the Terms and Conditions, it states that all complaints must be processed via the correct procedure on our website. If any complaint is raised via email or phone call, it will unfortunately be disregarded.

We would like to invite you to contact us at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk with the relevant details including your policy reference and the reference (JG) in the subject of the email. Once the email has been received, I will be able to personally investigate this case for you.
    Kind regards,
    James 24/7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • wadzee
    wadzee Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I will email you now.

However, for transparency on the forums, it is not beyond economical repair. The parts required to fix it are less than £100. (Alpha 1.018162 and 3.018304). Third-party engineer said the boiler is otherwise in excellent condition.

Complaints are not my immediate concern - getting my boiler fixed is. To fill in one of your webforms is not going to resolve the issue today, tomorrow, or anytime soon. Speaking to a human being, should. To disregard all verbal or email complaints is beyond staggering... (Worth noting, too, that I was never sent the link for the complaint form either, as I was told on the phone...)
  • ddaddy
    ddaddy Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We aim to ensure all call-outs take place and that an Engineer will be at your property on the day provided. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, our Engineers may not be able to attend due to personal issues or extreme weather conditions.
    We ensure all our engineers will turn up, unless they don't.
    We endeavor to inform you of any scheduling delays and problems, however, in certain situations, this may not be possible until closer to the appointment.
    We will inform you of any delays, unless we don't.
    When a boiler is deemed Beyond Economical Repair, this means that the repairs will accumulate to 60% or more than the cost of the boiler. Due to the boiler being deemed BER 24/7 Home Rescue would be unable to cover any of the costs as stated in the Terms and Conditions provided at the point of purchase.
    When we don't want to fix your boiler, we will say it's beyond economical repair.

How can you even sleep at night?
  • 247homerescue
    Options
    wadzee wrote: »
    I will email you now.

However, for transparency on the forums, it is not beyond economical repair. The parts required to fix it are less than £100. (Alpha 1.018162 and 3.018304). Third-party engineer said the boiler is otherwise in excellent condition.

Complaints are not my immediate concern - getting my boiler fixed is. To fill in one of your webforms is not going to resolve the issue today, tomorrow, or anytime soon. Speaking to a human being, should. To disregard all verbal or email complaints is beyond staggering... (Worth noting, too, that I was never sent the link for the complaint form either, as I was told on the phone...)

Dear Wadzee,

We can confirm that we have received your email and it has been read through thoroughly. Unfortunately, your policy reference seems to be missing from the email. In order for us to investigate this holistically, we require your policy reference.

Please could you re-send the email including your policy reference and I will personally investigate this for you.

Kind regards,
    James 24/7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
  • Ben_Hunt
    Options
    They've looked at boiler and ordered parts that are needed. How much we betting they try charge me? I'll let you all know on here!
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 November 2018 at 1:02PM
    Options
    Any views?

It's a long read.

Susan McKeown

Trustpilot.

Omg where do I start... we have had a contract with 24/7 for 12 months. I received a phone call two weeks ago offering me a service on the boiler. They also offered me, for £35 ....the option to have an inhibitor applied. I agreed and paid out the £35. Engineer arrived on Friday the 26th of October. Nice lady. checked the boiler, then applied inhibitor to a radiator as she said she was unable to put it into the boiler. She then went back to the boiler and replaced the cover. May i just point out that the boiler had been working absolutely perfectly up until the point the engineer arrived, and we had hot water and heat with no problem. As the engineer left my property she stated that the boiler was in perfect working order with no problems whatsoever and that there was years left in it. Her words...not mine. 10 minutes after she had left the property the boiler started to make a strange sound. There was also a flashing on my hot water light. I assumed it was simply making a noise because she had taken the cover off. I decided to monitor over the weekend and to call them on monday and discuss. By Monday morning we have no hot water and no heating!!! I rang 24/7 and was promised that an engineer would contact me the next day. Nobody did.and so on Wednesday morning I contacted them again and was told engineer will be in touch with me same day. Sure enough an Engine contacted me on Wednesday afternoon. He came to the property at 3 p.m. and stayed around 10 minutes. He got the system working again and left. 10 minutes after he had left it was not working again. I rang him on his mobile and asked him "can you come back"and he told me I should not be ringing him on his mobile and for me to contact the Office. I contacted 24/7 and was told they would make it a priority the next day to have an engineer out again. I've waited all day today for somebody to phone and nobody has. I have rung 3 different numbers Eventually I spoke to a manager in technical department, he told me that having looked at the second engineer's report, the boiler is Condemned as the fan is too badly damaged. I could not believe this. My central heating system was in perfect working order until the service engineer came to our property!!!! She had said nothing of a faulty fan!!! It is obvious that something has been done during the service. After ringing another 2 departments this afternoon, and relaying my story for the 9th time, and nearly crying/screaming in frustration..i eventually spoke to a manager...guy called aaron. Aaron, the manager at technical department, offered me a new boiler as he said it would be too expensive to fix my old one!!He said we could have a new boiler for £599 labour charge only and the boiler would be free "we dont give free boilers away all the time you know,". He said. All seemed a bit fishy and a bit too good to be true to me...so i asked him to email me all of this so that I could check it over. I have just received the email and what aaron failed to mention...is that there is also a £40 per month 7 YEAR CONTRACTED service charge!!! lol!!!!!. So.. the boiler is not actually free, it ends up costing me over £3,000. {Edited by Forum Team}!!!!!! I am now having to pay for another plumber to come to the property tomorrow and have a look at what damage has been done AND WHAT I CAN DO TO RECTIFY IT.
    i will be seeking advice from solicitors as I have read on MSE forums that I am not the first person this has happened to. And there are numerous scarily similar tales!!! can I also point out that I have a child with special needs, autism and wets the bed most nights she has been without heat and hot water for what will be 5 days tomorrow .....Absolutely disgraceful. Do not use this company at any cost. thankfully I have not lost too much..But I will stick to British gas in future ..
    even if it's twice the price
    ***** UPDATE TO THIS SAGA
    Unable to go any further without heat or hot water, we decided to bite the bullet and pay for an independent plumber. Rang him on Thursday night after reading all the horrendous reviews about 34/7 HOME RESCUE on MSE forum, property tribes, trustpilot etc etc. He came out within 24 hours of our call. ( Far better service than we had from 24/7, to whom we have paid a monthly fee for this service!!! What a joke.)
    He took a look at the system,showed us that the fan was sticking, could not really explain why or how this has happened since the engineer had been out as it had worked perfectly well until she came. He replaced the fan in 10 minutes, at a total cost of £140.
    Yes £140....which included his labour!!! My boiler is now working as it was before the original engineer came, lovely hot water and heat throughout the house. No noises ...no flashing lights. I am APPALLED....LIVID...that 24/7 told me my boiler was Condemned. What is that telling you about either the engineers that visit your property or, the call handlers and so-called managers!!....Who then try and sweettalk you into having a new boiler with 7 year contract and labour charge that adds up to £3959!!! I have been lied to...quite simply lied to and {Edited by Forum Team}. And I am not letting this go until whoever has lied to me is brought to justice. It's not about the money I have spent over the past 12 months, it's not about the £140 that I have spent on another plumber...this is about a disgraceful service, being without a working system for 4 days when I have paid for cover, and quite frankly and best of all, being told i have an economically unrepairable "condemned," boiler.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback