Jolly JANUARY's NSD Challange!

Options
This challenge is about setting yourself a weekly / monthly target of how many No Spend Days you would like to try and achieve during the month of January.
Keep us updated with your progress and hope you all enjoy the challange.

To join,
just post your personal target and you are on your way.

Tips for the challenge;
1. Decide on a clear goal weekly or monthly of how many No Spend days you'd like to try and achieve

2. Create a list of allowances...What counts as a spend and what doesn't. Keep the list on you so you don't fall of the wagon or make exceptions for everything

3. Keep a tally of how many NSDs you get. See if you can beat your previous amount!

We CAN do it.
Remember every little helps :money::money:
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am going for 15.
    I exclude food & petrol unless I am over budget.
    I also exclude yoga & physiotherepy as they are essential to me.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Can I go for 10 please? My only exclusion is petrol and debt repayments.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I took a break in December as it was just mad for spending but I'm back again for January to get back into good budgeting habits.

I will aim for 7 as a start - exclusions are ys bargains, medications, nappies etc for the babies and petrol (or anything else that gets reimbursed by my employer)
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Can I go for 10 please? My only exclusion is petrol and debt repayments.

Good to see you again.
    Of course you can :)

• beanielou
    Options
    spudsmum wrote: »
    Hi, I took a break in December as it was just mad for spending but I'm back again for January to get back into good budgeting habits.

I will aim for 7 as a start - exclusions are ys bargains, medications, nappies etc for the babies and petrol (or anything else that gets reimbursed by my employer)

You can do it:money::money::money:

• helejenkins1
    Options
    Can I join in for 15 days please. I’m going to exclude petrol and any yellow sticker bargains I find along the way.
    Make £10 a day in May- £90/£150
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Count me in for 15 again please, beanie. I am not counting the direct debits for household bills but I will count food shopping as a spend. This is because we have loads of stuff in the fridge, freezer and food cupboards, and I want to train myself to only go food shopping when there is a list of several items to get.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Can I join in for 15 days please. I’m going to exclude petrol and any yellow sticker bargains I find along the way.

Welcome :)

• beanielou
    Options
    Count me in for 15 again please, beanie. I am not counting the direct debits for household bills but I will count food shopping as a spend. This is because we have loads of stuff in the fridge, freezer and food cupboards, and I want to train myself to only go food shopping when there is a list of several items to get.

You can do it Nargle :)

• Hi can I go for 10 please :) First time trying this so I'll have to see how I go!
    Sealed pot challenge 2019 = #82
    Jan 2019 Grocery Challenge = £0/£260
    Declutter 2019 items in 2019! = 0/2019
    Frugal living challenge 2019 =
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business