Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,582 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for
    Half term holibobs
    Music whilst I paint
    Frozen fish pie from batch cooking for tea
    January spends - £587.58
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I'd suggest using the threat of a data protection complaint as information held about you is inaccurate. You may get a more prompt reaction.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HI Milann - I used to be on the forums... and have come back. Plan to resubscribe to your diary. It sounds like you've had a lot of drama lately but are coming through to the other side.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • milann
    edited 25 February 2018 at 9:25PM
    Options
    Thanks INOD I'll bear that in mind. I have been in touch with my GP surgery who asked me to copy the letter and put my concerns in writing which I'll do this week and give them Time to act upon them then I can come down with a heavier hand if I don't get a response.

:hello: Hi SH - I remember you well and have often wondered where you'd got to - hope life is treating you well - have you got a diary, I'll search it out and catch up.

Well as I expected it's been a mad mad week here. I carried on with my painting until late Tuesday night and then had to put it on hold - I'd not got as far on as I wanted.

I spent from just after 9 am until about half 11 Wednesday night making a 2 tier birthday cake for my close friend's son 21st. My friend came around for an hour or so to be my 'gofor' and we worked out the final design. It was a Lion King theme but we didn't want it childish. The birthday gent was 21 but has a severe chromosome disorder which leaves him with limited speech, understanding and mobility but he loves going to musical shows at the theatre. He's seen Lion King several times. I was really chuffed with the cake and so was he - well worth the effort it took.

Thursday was my friends dads funeral....it was sad but nice seeing lot so of people I'd not seen for a while.

Friday I blitzed the house, put beds up and made the house toddler safe with ornaments etc out of reach as dd and girls came home for the weekend. It was lovely as it was only a few weeks since they were last here. Myself and dh went to the 21st party on Friday night and was going to take eldest granddaughter with us.... But she was shattered and didn't last past half 6 before she was nodding off :rotfl: so dd stayed in and they all had an early night. It takes nearly 5 hours from door to door when they visit:eek:

Saturday morning at 5.30 :eek::eek::eek::eek: I was woken by a tiny knock at my bedroom door with eldest granddaughter asking for grandma cuddles and stories. I tried to get her back to sleep but gave up and cams down at 6 am - then we played/cooked all morning and went to a local farm and play area which they LOVED. This morning was about half six before reading stories ....then cooked a big breakfast - took them al into town for midday to big train station where they get the train at start of journey to secure a place (there's no seats left ususally if they get on at the closest station to us) came home and cleared the disaster of a house - :eek::rotfl::eek::rotfl::eek: it looked like a hurricane had passed through instead of a 4 year and 14 month old with their mum. Then sat down and have chilled....left overs for tea.....I will be glad to get back to work for a rest....1st full day tomorrow.

Another spendy weekend with lots of extras bought for the visitors but it was all worth it. Need to reign in now though - at least February is a short month.:T
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,282 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Cake sounds fab.
    Glad that you had a lovely if hectic weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a good time. Hope work goes well tomorrow.

We're doing okay if we ignore debt LOL. Seriously - 60% approx of debt is car related which we could sell if need be. The other 40% tra la la la la..... walks off whistling. We're on a good income though and should clear our debts in 3-4 years.... barring any miracles or mishaps along the way. The next 12 months are challenging as DS is doing a study abroad year and we have to act as guarantor and fund him. The following year he does a placement so that will give us up to another £400 a month to chuck at debt before he does his final year. As he finishes DD is due to start although she is currently talking about getting an apprenticeship instead.... and getting paid to study which could save us and her a fortune.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • milann
    Options
    Had a good day at work yesterday - still feels a tad strange as I'm in different classes with different children and staff - feel like the new girl....don't know whe anything is and all the routines are different.

It was a part day today and the traffic was horrendous. I have to cross a big roundabout with motorway access half way into my journey. I only need the local roads and can do the journey in 10 minutes - it took about 45 minutes to get to this junction in the snow...usually the road clears after the motorway but the roads were still chockablock so dh dropped me off near a walking cut-through and I walked the rest of the way - so over an hour for a 10 minute journey. When I got in my little charge wasn't in......at least it was a chilled morning. I walked home which took about 45 minutes and thankfully most the snow had melted.

SH a lot of my debt was acquired whilst mine were at uni. It's a time I wouldn't want to return to and that was before the fees were as bad as they are today. It's an experience for them though - one I didn't take. You were doing so well clearing everything SH but we're all guilty of racking the debts again and again. At least you're doing something about it.

Today I'm grateful
    - the snow has melted
    - photos of my 2 gorgeous granddaughters in the snow this morning
    - my nice warm house
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,282 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That sounds a dire journey.
    Stay cosy.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What a mess with the medical records :( Hope they get it sorted soon.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    Options
    I know SA - it's a good job I'm not the nervous type - it crossed my mind briefly that it could be correct but I've had too many investigations over the years and it's either a clerical error or the doctors making assumptions rather than taking my word and checking my past records.....I'll get it changed.

School closed today at 1am and is closed tomorrow - ice and wind and snow have made it really dangerous just like everywhere else. Lots of parents not happy though....

Not much to report MSE wise - 2 days of March NSDs - I need to pay in full this month and stop dilly dallying....and that's putting it politely.
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure