Move/transfer Outlook 2007 from desktop to laptop

How do I do this ?

My desktop is running Windows 7 and Outlook 2007.

My laptop is on Windows 10 and I don't have a clue about if email software added.

I want to back up, move or transfer the emails in Outlook 2007 from the desktop and then be able to access them again on the laptop.

Is there an easy way to do this ?

Comments

• stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Do you particularly need to have such an old version of Outlook on the laptop?

Just go to the Windows 10 Mail app and add your mail account details and (assuming you didn't use POP on Outlook) all your emails will be there.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

Just go to the Windows 10 Mail app and add your mail account details and (assuming you didn't use POP on Outlook) all your emails will be there.

+1

Its nigh on 12 years old now, maybe time to Let Go....
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    cally6008 wrote: »
    How do I do this ?

My desktop is running Windows 7 and Outlook 2007.

My laptop is on Windows 10 and I don't have a clue about if email software added.

I want to back up, move or transfer the emails in Outlook 2007 from the desktop and then be able to access them again on the laptop.

Is there an easy way to do this ?
    All the mail in Outlook will be in a pst file. Find it.

If you want to use Outlook on your new computer just copy the pst file over and link it to Outlook on the new computer.

If you want to use a different mail client you can find one that can read pst files or export all the email out, copy them to the new machine and import them into the new email client.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,433 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ain't broke - don't fix?

MSE and all that. :)
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    J_B wrote: »
    Ain't broke - don't fix?

MSE and all that. :)

Ain't broke isn't quite accurate though as Outlook 2007 is now past end of life support and no longer updated, in particular that means no security patches which is a concern given the potential for malware to come through e-mail.

John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport