MSE News: Octopus Energy to take on Iresa's 90,000 customers - here's what you need to know

Comments

• sam.4000 wrote: »
    Will let you know, switch date 11th so Tuesday.

Mine's due Tuesday 12th,just getting a little concerned after one or two others experiences on here where octopus have rejected their switches.
  • Anyone managed a problem free switch from Iresa/Octopus since the take over?
    Originally posted by tonycarew
    I switched on August 23rd, I was in Credit and managed to secured the YE Green Butterfly 12M Fixed rate, I have only just had my Iresa Bill which agreed with my Credit estimate to the penny and the credit was transferred to Octopus, who will calculate my usage based on firm meter readings and send me their bill from August 1st to August 22nd, which my credit will easily cover, then I will wait for my Credit to be paid. On the face of it it went smoothly, although information from Octopus was as rare as hens teeth until my switch was approved,
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    tonycarew wrote: »
    Anyone managed a problem free switch from Iresa/Octopus since the take over?

Fingers crossed switch to Eversmart goes ahead on Tuesday 11th
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Looking promising for my switch away from Octopus - nothing definite from Usio (new supplier) but Octopus account shows last date of fixed price is 12th Sept 2018
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Just had an email from Octopus

"I can see that you have requested to switch away so you should receive your final bill from ourselves within 4 weeks of the switch being completed"
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Just had an email from Octopus

"I can see that you have requested to switch away so you should receive your final bill from ourselves within 4 weeks of the switch being completed"

Can you say when you requested your switch and when it was planned to happen? I requested my switch on 20th August and the switch was due to be today buy I haven't had an email like yours from Octopus.
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just spoke to Eversmart, having waited for around 15 mins. My transfer from Octopus was due to happen yesterday but I heard nothing. The guy I spoke to is sending me an email and a link to allow me to set up an account. He says my switch has actually taken place.

He offered no comment when I asked why I hadn't been sent the email yesterday. I'm curious that I've not heard from Octopus either.

Hope it all goes well from here.
  • I haven't heard anything from Octopus but my meter readings aren't visible now and they've been replaced by a note that I'm switching suppliers.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm due to switch to Eversmart (leccy) and Angelic (gas) on Thursday. So far I've not received a 'sorry you are leaving' email from Octopus. katiesmum seems to be the only person who has had this?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • beardiedog wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything from Octopus but my meter readings aren't visible now and they've been replaced by a note that I'm switching suppliers.

Seems more than a bit chaotic!! The only meter read visible on my account is the one I gave on 31st August which I THINK is due to a manual intervention after I emailed Octopus last week- it appears as if I could put a new reading in (but not going to!!).

The first page after log in contains a statement above the tariff info. that says "Your fixed price ends on 12th Sept. 2018" -I take that to mean that they know I'm switching away - but no emails from either Octopus or new supplier.:(
    The meter reading my new supplier requested on 7th Sept. is showing on my account with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure