Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January 2018 at 1:07PM
    My menu plan this week - most things in stock just need to buy fresh veges

Thursday
    Breakfast - Cheerios and fruit
    Dinner -tuna, hard boiled eggs, rocket salad, green beans. Satsuma

Tea - chicken stuffed with lime and garlic then cooked on top of potatoes, onions and carrots. Broccoli

Friday
    Breakfast - omelette with leftover chicken and mushroom

Dinner - chicken salad and cous cous

Tea - chicken, actifry chips, homemade coleslaw, sweet corn

Saturday
    Breakfast bacon butty on whole meal bread with grilled tomato and mushroom
    Dinner - not sure as out - maybe jacket and beans
    Tea - fish, actifry chips, mushy peas

Sunday
    Brunch -bacon, poached egg , tomato, mushroom and homemade hash brown
    Tea - gammon, new potatoes, cabbage, carrots

Monday
    Breakfast - yoghurt and fruit
    Dinner - homemade minestrone using stock from gammon and cabbage as base
    Tea - gammo, actifry chips poached egg tomato and pineapple

Tuesday -
    Breakfast - yoghurt and fruit
    Dinner - salad with gammon and egg
    Tea - gammon savoury rice

Wednesday
    Breakfast - porridge and frozen berries
    Dinner - minestrone
    Wednesday - homemade chicken korma and rice

I'm hopeless at sticking to any plan - get distracted and go off piste :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,239 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope hospital goes well.
    Hope SW goes well.
    I am not in the zone at the moment.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,274 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    It's good to do a meal plan to keep you on the straight and narrow.

Sounds like you're making excellent progress :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    edited 15 January 2018 at 6:48PM
    I'm not surprised you're not in the zone Beanie there's so much else for you to concentrate on at the moment.

As for the menu plan....ahem :o:o.... all was well until Saturday - we were way too early for the hospital appointment and went for a cuppa - dh wanted a cake so I had a quarter of that. We were in and out with the doctor so had a day out in York a couple of hours drive away. We went into a table to table for dinner - meal and a drink for £6 :beer::money:.....anyway I had a jacket with prawns and asked for the sauce separate. The potato had butter in:mad:I never even thought about asking without butter but it was delicious. Later after we'd had a bit of a mooch around York and dh treated himself to a little something for his garden railway then he dragged me kicking and screaming (honest:D:D) into my favourite cake shop Patisserie Valerie which do humongous cakes.....anyway we shared a Black Forest gateaux and I had tea. Which is an improvement for me as I'd normally have a latte and full cake to myself. When we got home at about 9pm as we'd called into my brothers as we pass the end of his road. I'd intended having salad and cold meat but realised I had a Camembert cheese in fridge from Christmas which was close to its sell by date so had that with crunchy tiger bread (reduced to 5p) followed by a chocolate Christmas biscuit. So my good intentions flew out of the window... It was a lovely though;) I've stayed fairly close to the menu plan since though so hopefully I can claw things back.

Anyway the doctor was lovely again - decided since I was doing so well there was no need for another MRI scan as if the swelling wasn't going down I wouldn't be doing so well. He said I can drive again but need to inform the insurance company - which I'm just about to do. My right leg is still considerably weaker than it was and he said it could take a year or so to rebuild the nerves and muscles but it might not improve much more than it is now. I might always have a tremor and reduced feeling, especially if I'm tired or under the weather. I can live with this though and am pleased I've recovered so we'll -I won't ever forget the early days. I walked around York unaided but did link dh several times.

I can go back to work with some adjustments made to the children I work with and a phased return at the end of my next sick note.----that sound really bad - no children will be harmed in adjustments - I'll just swap around with staff!!,!!!,

So life is getting back to normal :T

Had a very lazy morning watching catch up dancing on ice. Right best shape myself and get onto the insurance and see if my wages have gone in so I can make a payment.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: it's going to be a shock to my system when I go back to work........
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Car insurance sorted with no problem.
    My wages went in so I've paid £1300 off cc. Including new spends I now owe just short of £600 - I WILL do this next month and get back to paying MR T cc off every month and collect points for nice meals out.
    Got a telephone interview with occy health tomorrow and I've just been for a short walk all by myself......with no crutches- things are looking up
    I've just had my hair cut at mobile hairdressers who lives facing. She cuts it lovely but I never like the way she blows it and no matter what I say it always comes out the same. But it's local and cheap(ish) plus we have a good catch up.

Haven't done the housework I'd plannned though.....

Today I'm grateful for
    - short walk by myself
    - making payment
    - home made soup
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Thats great on the CC.
    happy new hair.
    Sure OH will go well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    Grrrrrrrrr - I was up at half eight with the phone by my side ready for the phone call from occy health.....nothing - it got to 1/4 past and I phoned them to say I was waiting - our phone had an intermittent fault a while back but has been ok recently....anyway I'd missed a call - so they're phoning back at 2....

I've been a good girl and been doing the housework I didn't do yesterday ....Id contemplated going for a walk but it's horrid out there. Sudden blasts of hail and wind - think I'm staying put. I have got into a bad habit of sitting in front of tv so today I've put radio on instead - and I'm singing along as I do housework - actually it's more of a croak as I haven't shaken the chest infection off fully yet - it just doesn't want to go....but it's made me think of my mum in the days before all day TV.

I've still not mustered enough courage to go for a drive

Today I'm grateful for
    - a NSD
    - my automatic washing machine - thinking of my mum made me think of her twin tub...
    - music to croak to
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    HOPe OH phoned back.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,274 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Glad things are getting back to normal. It's not OH Aasist is it, they're a pain for not phoning when they say they will.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    OH phoned back and I apologised for missing the call and lady knew nothing about it !!! I was on the phone best part of an hour and I can go back to work with a phased return after this sick note finishes. Lol it'll interfere with my social life - it's been quite nice having friends visit and pick me up to take me out lol.

I walked from town to my slimming world today without a crutch then into work to update them and back to town. Think I've overdone it though as I've got quite a tremor tonight and muscles I'd forgotten about are aching. Me thinks I'll be stiff tomorrow but once I'd walked a while when I was a tad nervous it felt good.

I treated myself to a debenhams voucher and plan to do this each week till I get to my sw target then I'm having a trip buying clothes. I thought about it and it felt very indulgent but it's the price (or less)of a couple of cakes and coffees and chocolate bars and fizzy drinks that I used to buy regularly. The voucher means I won't dib into it.

Today I am grateful for
    - a relaxing hot bath when I got in after beeing cold and wet
    - a 4lb loss at chub club - my biggest EVER loss in 1 go
    - my comfy chair to flop into
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business