Where Can I Fly to From a Specific UK Airport?

Options
*Surely* there is a website somewhere that I can see where my nearest international airports fly to? Why would I want to have to first find somewhere I want to go on holiday, get all excited about it and *then* spend hours trying to find an airport nearby that serves it, only to discover that none actually do?!!

We don't all live within an hour or so of London!

HELP!!!

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Go to that specific airports website, they will give you the destinations usually.
  • mwinlow
    mwinlow Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks. That may be so, but none that I have looked at give you a *map* of where they go, just a list of place-names, 95% of which I've never heard of, so you pretty much have to know where you want to go before you start. Wouldn't a map just be *so* simple and *so* useful?

Seems like an obvious website project for someone!
  • StaffieTerrier
    Options
    If you put your local airport into Skyscanner and search 'Everywhere' it'll given you a list of countries. You can then select a country and it'll show the destinations within the country, and whether it's a direct or indirect flight.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mwinlow wrote: »
    Thanks. That may be so, but none that I have looked at give you a *map* of where they go, just a list of place-names, 95% of which I've never heard of, so you pretty much have to know where you want to go before you start. Wouldn't a map just be *so* simple and *so* useful?

Seems like an obvious website project for someone!

Try this: https://www.flightconnections.com/

Put the airport you want to fly from in the From box and leave the To empty. You then can filter by specific airlines.
  • sandsy
    sandsy Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sandsy wrote: »

Thanks, looks useful.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Google Flights will do exactly what you want, you can enter multiple departure airports and see a map of destinations with prices:

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/

You'll need to select "non-stop only" to see only direct flights.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,522 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Flightradar24. Click on an airport and you can then select 'routes'. At the momemt it only gives routes for 7 days, but timetables don't change significantly from week to week.
  • alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Look for a wikipedia page for the airport
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    mwinlow wrote: »

We don't all live within an hour or so of London!

Where do you live? You could argue that many of us don't live within an hour or so of any airport, but except for those who live in really remote and isolated areas I think most of the population could get to one of the main airports within 2 hours
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure