Litter Fine please help

Options

Comments

• AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    It's just as likely that he dropped it on the floor and put it out with his foot (as it was hot) then picked it up once he noticed someone had saw him.

The fact the the OP mentions "big burly men" and their son being intimidated shows it is clearly biased against the people issuing the fine.

You really need to stop wasting the councils time requesting footage and claiming tampering of evidence, you have already said you son dropped him so he was littering; it's as simple as that and it doesn't matter how long it was on the floor.

Maybe you should put this much effort into helping your Son to stop using drugs.

Is the son on drugs?????
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    Too be honest, I really hate people littering and expecting people to clean up after them - I wish more people were fined, and littering was seen to be as anti-social as drink driving now is.

He had learned a lesson, and the price is small for a lesson in how to be a better person, and to treat the area they live and those who live in it, with respect.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I find it amazing that a council employs big burly guys to walk around in pairs looking for people dropping litter.

The area must be a right litter hotspot for them to do that.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is the son on drugs?????

Well i suppose he could be lighting a cigarette and holding it until it burn his fingers without smoking them, but that's unlikely ;)
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    Well i suppose he could be lighting a cigarette and holding it until it burn his fingers without smoking them, but that's unlikely ;)

So you assume it's cannabis?
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    I find it amazing that a council employs big burly guys to walk around in pairs looking for people dropping litter.

The area must be a right litter hotspot for them to do that.

Councils tend to subcontract this work out to private companies - who reportedly do sometimes employ rather unpleasant people.

Also, the companies (and individual enforcement officers) are sometimes incentivised to issue tickets - so they can be over-zealous.

Here's a news story about it: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/15/litter-police-paid-bonuses-hand-fines-public-investigation-finds/
  • takman
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So you assume it's cannabis?

There is nothing in the OP to suggest it's cannabis.

Are you saying that you don't consider the Nicotine contained within Tobacco a drug?
  • reason2
    reason2 Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    I assume you dont drink tea coffee or alcohol nor use painkillers or the sort otherwise your post is pointless and hypocritical..

in fact, it is pointless regardless.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/enforcement-officers-issuing-fixed-penalty-notices

Accidental littering

Don!!!8217;t issue FPNs for accidental littering, for example if something falls from someone!!!8217;s pocket.

Only issue FPNs where there is evidence of intent to drop litter.

Give offenders the chance to pick up litter before you issue an FPN. Warn them that you will issue an FPN if they don!!!8217;t.
  • takman
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    reason2 wrote: »
    I assume you dont drink tea coffee or alcohol nor use painkillers or the sort otherwise your post is pointless and hypocritical..

in fact, it is pointless regardless.

Yes i really should have been more specific in my wording and said "stop needlessly using a drug that is highly addictive which is needlessly damaging his health" but i thought the point i was making is clear.

Also if i felt like i needed to drink coffee, alcohol or use painkillers everyday before i went to work for no reason then yes i would also consider that an addiction which is a problem.

Although this is going off topic it is related because if her son didn't needlessly smoke then he wouldn't have got the fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure