Finance and Debt Management Plan

Options
Hi all.

I know it's not recommended but I have been on a DMP for nearly 2 years. I already have a car on finance which is so expensive a month. I want to try and exchange for a cheaper car.

What are the chances of me passing finance in order to get a cheaper more affordable car?

Comments

• Kentish_Dave
    Options
    Why would you want to “pass finance”? Us the plan not to sell the car and use only the equity to get something much cheaper?

How much equity do you think that you have?
  • Terry_Towelling
    Options
    If you take it back to a dealer to exchange it, they will only give you the trade value for the car - which will probably be significantly less than the amount you owe on it.

What sort of finance is it? Is it one where you pay monthly for a few years and then either hand back the car or pay a 'balloon' payment at the end if you want to keep it - or is it just a simple unsecured bank loan?

Have you spoken to the finance company to see how much you owe and to a dealer to see how much they will give you for it? Depending how long your finance has been running, you may get quite a shock at the gulf between the two figures.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    OP please don't start multiple threads on the same subject! This is now being dealt with in another thread on this same board.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business