Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Former MSE Alana
    Report Bank Charges successes and failures
    • 8th Dec 09, 10:33 PM
    Report Bank Charges successes and failures 8th Dec 09 at 10:33 PM

Please report your Bank Charges Reclaiming Successes/failures
    since the Supreme Court decision in Nov 2009 here

REMEMEBER BY DOING THIS YOU ENCOURAGE OTHERS WHO MAY BE TOO SCARED TO RECLAIM

How to report your success/failure:

1. Click reply to enter you story.

2. Report your story in the following format:
    • Bank name:
    • Amount Reclaimed:
    • Amount they paid:
    • The story: (Just a few sentences, please include how far you went did you a. just write a letter, b. threaten to go to court or c. actually go to court)
    ***** Want to tell your story in a newspaper/on TV? *****

Hi all. If you've had a refund we need your help

Bank Charges is often in the news and we are frequently asked if we have any MoneySavers that are willing to tell their stories to the press.

If you'd like to help spread the news and encourage others, please e-mail casestudy@moneysavingexpert.com (sorry but we can't answer questions at this email address) with as much of the following info as you can:

* how much was your claim for
    * how much did you get back
    * who is your bank
    * a daytime phone number - we often need to reach people at very short notice
    * whether you are happy to appear in the papers,tv or both
    * where you live

NOTE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
    ABOUT RECLAIMING BANK CHARGES
    PLEASE FIRST READ THE GUIDE:
    Bank Charges Reclaiming
    Last edited by MSE Archna; 10-06-2010 at 4:35 PM.
Page 82
    • SonOf
    • By SonOf 8th Oct 19, 11:54 AM
    • 1,786 Posts
    • 2,046 Thanks
    SonOf
    Hi sorry if this is in wrong area, I am not familiar with it this works yet. My question would be - since the banks etc are paying this ppi back, they are clearly admitting that it should not have been charged in the first place. So if a client has been charged overdraft charges for being overdrawn due to lack of funds should these charges be reclaimed or are these charges included in ppi reclaim ? Alan.
    Originally posted by Lochman
    Please do not make duplicate posts. Your question has been answered on the other thread.
    • Coachjambo
    • By Coachjambo 22nd Oct 19, 10:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Coachjambo
    Quick question....
    Evening guys, new to this forum but not to MSE and the regular emails etc.
    I have been looking at all the reclaiming musics bank accounts etc and thinking I actually was a few times mid sold some for a number of things such as holiday insurance etc. I believe Lloyd’s where one culprit and and another was Barclays.
    I wanted to ask, if there is anyway possible I can back track to find out what my accounts consisted of and when as I don’t have any details from them. There must be a way to search my own history of accounts right? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Many thanks in advance
    Jay
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 22nd Oct 19, 10:56 PM
    • 24,940 Posts
    • 14,442 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    I have been looking at all the reclaiming musics bank accounts etc and thinking I actually was a few times mid sold some for a number of things such as holiday insurance etc.
    Originally posted by Coachjambo
    What "musics" are you hoping to have refunded?
    How was the holiday insurance mis-sold?
    • Coachjambo
    • By Coachjambo 24th Oct 19, 12:03 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Coachjambo
    Sorry spelling error thanks to my phone there. Mis sold was what it was meant to say. The holiday insurance cover thing is just an example, I remember paying for a ‘premier to type account with apparent benefits but at the time felt like I had no choice. This may actually have been 2 banks do it to me. Anyone know if there is anyway of finding out account history to show what accounts I actually had with which banks?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 24th Oct 19, 5:31 AM
    • 24,160 Posts
    • 26,881 Thanks
    zx81
    Your credit files will show the last 6 years of any who reported to the CRAs.
    • SonOf
    • By SonOf 24th Oct 19, 11:39 AM
    • 1,786 Posts
    • 2,046 Thanks
    SonOf
    Sorry spelling error thanks to my phone there. Mis sold was what it was meant to say. The holiday insurance cover thing is just an example, I remember paying for a ‘premier to type account with apparent benefits but at the time felt like I had no choice. This may actually have been 2 banks do it to me. Anyone know if there is anyway of finding out account history to show what accounts I actually had with which banks?
    Originally posted by Coachjambo
    If you are making an allegation of misselling a packaged bank account (which this thread is not about), then you need to do within 6 years of taking out the account and 3 years from being reasonably aware of an issue. Account closure is usually considered satisfactory for triggering the 3-year clock starting. i.e. you need to complain within 3 years of closing that account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

176Posts Today

2,344Users online

Martin's Twitter