Nationwide's new accounts

I have just had an e-mail from Nationwide's Savings Watch, as I am sure that many of you also have, that they have introduced some new savings accounts including "triple access", ie three withdrawals a year.
https://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/savings/savings-accounts

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Derisory interest of 1.21%, nothing to see here, move along.

The savings board would probably be a better home for this btw....
  • Looks like they've dropped their Loyalty Saver now too
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Derisory interest of 1.21%, nothing to see here, move along.

The savings board would probably be a better home for this btw....

Oops, thought that's where I put it. Will try and work out how to move it.

Agreed, interest rates really aren't great but I'm sure there will be people on the forum for whom this may be of some interest.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'm sure there will be people on the forum for whom this may be of some interest.
    I doubt it will appeal to any MSEs, as there are at least 6 accounts that have no withdrawal limitations and that pay between 1.38% and 1.45%. There are also at least 3 others with similar limitations as Nationwide, and paying between 1.4% and 1.46%. All come with full FSCS protection, so you can stuff over three quarter of a million into savings accounts paying significantly better interest than Nationwide. There are also many other options in between the Nationwide account and the top interest payers, many with no limitations on number of withdrawals.
  • One odd thing I have noticed is that my accounts don't seem to share the payee's list so I have to do an internal transfer before I pay out??
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    One odd thing I have noticed is that my accounts don't seem to share the payee's list so I have to do an internal transfer before I pay out??
    AFAICS, that's the norm with most banks and building societies. Tesco Bank is the only one I have come across which has a payee list on account holder level. All the others I have, and I have lots of accounts, have the payee list on account level.
  • Ah right. Thinking about it Tesco is one of the few others I have more than one account with, so makes sense.
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    !!! wrote: »
    Looks like they've dropped their Loyalty Saver now too

RIP - I never understood why they'd only issue this with a 1970s style passbook only, not an ATM card. Would have made it remotely competitive.
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    colsten wrote: »
    ...... Tesco Bank is the only one I have come across which has a payee list on account holder level. All the others I have, and I have lots of accounts, have the payee list on account level.
    Clydesdale (and presumably Yorkshire Bank too) also has this feature.
  • Heng_Leng wrote: »
    RIP - I never understood why they'd only issue this with a 1970s style passbook only, not an ATM card. Would have made it remotely competitive.

Mine has neither a passbook or card.

Then again I opened it and managed it online.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure