Printer for photos

Options
Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes.

Need a cheap printer that I can print to from a mobile to print photos. Not looking for anything expensive as these photos aren't important and I won't be printing a high volume of these maybe 10 per week.

Be useful if it could print A4 normal stuff from Word too.

Can anyone recommend a model and advise approx price?

Thanks
Titch :)

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Printers can be very cheap nowadays but if you are printing photos its the ink that is the issue as you will be using LOTS of it.

Personally I think you need to be looking at ink costs along with printer cost.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • oldernonethewiser
    Options
    Another option for photos could be places like Boots, Tesco etc where you can use their machines to print from your phone.

Appreciate that may not be practical for everyone.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• stamboy
    stamboy Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Printers can be very cheap nowadays but if you are printing photos its the ink that is the issue as you will be using LOTS of it.

Personally I think you need to be looking at ink costs along with printer cost.

Very good point, any recommendations welcome 😀🙏
    Titch :)
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Most printers, even the cheapest ones can print excellent pictures these days but the ink costs are high.

That's why I always put a CISS ink system in any new printer I buy. The refills are cheap but just make sure you don't buy the cheapest ink you can find, make sure you get reviews on whatever model of ink system you buy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure