Goods delivered on site

Options
Hello everyone, a separate question to my previous thread 'House Improvements'

I accepted an estimate for some kitchen units as part of an improvement to my garage, they were delivered on 21 Oct and since 23 Oct the work has been in dispute, I have paid £2000 for the disputed work

I have asked for a refund of the cost of the disputed work and been ignored

some of the units have been part fitted and wlll have to be removed to correct the disputed work

today I've received a further invoice for £1462 for the kitchen units, the invoice states that all materials remain the property of the builder until full payment is made

can I ask for the kitchen to be taken away if I don't pay for it?

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Why have you received an invoice if they were ordered by and belong to the builder?

If they do belong to the builder, I don't think you can have them taken away because they're not yours.
  • dollythedog
    Options
    Why have you received an invoice if they were ordered by and belong to the builder?

If they do belong to the builder, I don't think you can have them taken away because they're not yours.

the invoice is from the builder, I have asked him to take them away because they can't be fitted until his other work is undone to comply with building regs, I want him to do that and he won't

I've asked him to refund the cost of doing the work and he won't do that either
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure