How to exit an Easyjet flight quickly?

2»

Comments

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ganga wrote: »
    Good news as people seem to be getting away with taking bigger and bigger hand luggage on to planes these days,strange that people will pay a reasonable amount for flights,hotel accomadation and food and drinks abroad but scrimp on luggage costs.

We travel MAN - PFO 4/5 times a year, usually with EJ and have never had our bag size checked ... although it wouldn't be a problem.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    J_B wrote: »
    We travel MAN - PFO 4/5 times a year, usually with EJ and have never had our bag size checked ... although it wouldn't be a problem.

I wonder if that is why so many got caught on Wednesday, they are so used to just strolling through they seemed genuinely shocked to be told that bag sizes were being checked. Some of them had huge cases, the ones I felt sorry for were the ones who had small but wide cases, one poor man had a tiny case but it was more square than normal and wouldn't fit in the cage. They also caught several youngsters with quite big over size rucksacks where they could be squashed in to the cage but bulged out over the top as all the things inside were re distributed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    If your plane arrives at the same time as other planes, you could have up to a 20 minute queue at passport control as the queues all merge together and passport control is overwhelmed (and people faff about at the e-gates and beg staff for help). You can buy a fast track ticket for £5 https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/at-the-airport/security-fasttrack/. However, on my last few flights into Manchester, I've been in the first handful of people off the plane and through passport control in a matter of seconds as there has been no queue - it really is pot luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure