Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • apple-puff
    • By apple-puff 13th Jun 18, 10:18 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    apple-puff
    Anyone spotted any offset mortgages?
    • 13th Jun 18, 10:18 PM
    Anyone spotted any offset mortgages? 13th Jun 18 at 10:18 PM
    I'm lucky enough to have some savings but also have two young children so would like to offset my savings against my mortgage in case the roof falls in.

I've been through L&C and Habito and both brokers have come back saying they only have Coventry BS doing offset. This deal wasn't great.

Does anyone know of any other lenders that do fixed rate offset?

So far my best find is Yorkshire BS, 2.19% no fees and free valuation.
    Worst is Natwest at 4% and First Direct (interest only )
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 14th Jun 18, 7:31 AM
    • 10,788 Posts
    • 4,290 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 14th Jun 18, 7:31 AM
    • 14th Jun 18, 7:31 AM
    There are a couple more offset providers with two year rates starting at 1.54%, well inside the Coventry 1.89% rate (I am assuming remortgage).

Speak to a Broker offering an Independent, Whole of market access.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Sky_
    • By Sky_ 14th Jun 18, 8:08 AM
    • 370 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    Sky_
    • 14th Jun 18, 8:08 AM
    • 14th Jun 18, 8:08 AM
    A search on moneysupermarket brings up a rate of 1.28 (discounted variable) with Beverly building society and 1.54 with Barclays.

As an aside, my mortgage isn't offset but it allows an 'overpayment pot' which can be used to make mortgage payments until the pot is empty and can be carried over (as a seperate pot) when I remortgage. It's a far better (fixed) interest rate than any offset I've found. Could this type of mortgage be an alternative option for you?
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 14th Jun 18, 8:44 AM
    • 10,788 Posts
    • 4,290 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 14th Jun 18, 8:44 AM
    • 14th Jun 18, 8:44 AM
    Our Poster is looking for an offset fixed rate, not discount or tracker as offered by Beverley and Barclays
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • DonPatch
    • By DonPatch 14th Jun 18, 8:59 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    DonPatch
    • 14th Jun 18, 8:59 AM
    • 14th Jun 18, 8:59 AM
    Scottish Widows do fixed rate offset mortgages.
    • dimbo61
    • By dimbo61 14th Jun 18, 9:29 AM
    • 10,043 Posts
    • 5,424 Thanks
    dimbo61
    • 14th Jun 18, 9:29 AM
    • 14th Jun 18, 9:29 AM
    Love offset mortgages and had one with YBS that had friends and family.
    You talk out 2 children so are grandparents on the scene ? Retired with savings earning little interest !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,361Posts Today

6,940Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Agreed but by marketing it as cough specific people think there's something extra so they buy this rather than gene? https://t.co/hATY3W8Yia

• Good news for those aggressively criticising this poll and trying to pull it apart. I've just got off a 3 way call? https://t.co/Pu750aktyg

• Follow Martin