PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Shared access - odd question.

Options

Comments

• YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 October 2018 at 6:55PM
    Options
    A lemon! Ha haa!
    I'm not sure technically what the difference is, but in my world a snicket is a path that runs between houses or along the backs of gardens etc. A cut-through so you can get to the next street quickly. An extra bit of land they didn't build on. A ginnel is the kind of thing you get with shared access, a passageway (usually arched) so people can get their bins out. Long and narrow. Sometimes gated, sometimes not.

I remember commenting on this not long ago - we derailed a thread with it....

Edit - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5860410&highlight=snicket
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wonder if that's where Lemony Snicket got the name from?
  • Wyndham
    Wyndham Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you for coming back and letting us know what happened.

I haven't commented on this thread before, as I felt I had nothing to add to what had already been said. But I have been reading (over a few days) with interest!

I think you have made the right decision. The right house will come along, and good luck!
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Options
    D_M_E wrote: »
    Wonder if that's where Lemony Snicket got the name from?

Yep, you're halfway there, D_M_E. The other half was a ginnel and tonic with lemon. I can be a bit random at times, admittedly. :p
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    Wyndham wrote: »
    Thank you for coming back and letting us know what happened.

I haven't commented on this thread before, as I felt I had nothing to add to what had already been said. But I have been reading (over a few days) with interest!

I think you have made the right decision. The right house will come along, and good luck!

Ah I wouldn't not have come back, that's just ignorant. When people go to the trouble of reading and thinking and helping....

I'm house hunting as we speak, there's plenty out there. Just need to narrow down a search area ha haa! :D
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • DontBringBertie
    Options
    This kind of reminds me about one of the people on my old street. It was a terrace with free parking the whole way down the street.

When he moved in he decided he should get his ‘own’ parking space for his van and every time he took it out, he put a piece of wood and a cone in the space so no one else could park there.

I did enjoy an equally confrontational person from a few doors down challenging him on it.

Van man: “Why don’t you just park further down and walk a bit further, it’s hardly an ‘assle is it?” said with no irony whatsoever.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 October 2018 at 2:49PM
    Options
    If it were me and I'd just lost £1k because of a richardhead like this, I'd be tempted to delete the bit in this thread that IDs the exact location, then send the link with a short explanatory letter to Nos 1-4.

They ought to know what others think about their cosy arrangement with Mr 6 now the truth is known.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    If it were me and I'd just lost £1k because of a richardhead like this, I'd be tempted to delete the bit in this thread that IDs the exact location, then send the link with a short explanatory letter to Nos 1-4.

They ought to know what others think about their cosy arrangement with Mr 6 now the truth is known.

:rotfl:I like it.

....and it would be perfectly justified.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Options
    I think I would be tempted to send it to the EA... And, perhaps, the LR? Trading standards if the EA fails to disclose it once they have been informed? What me? Stir it?
  • circuit
    circuit Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    When we were discussing the paperwork side, Mr solic asked me "how keen are you to get into more legal wranglings?" "Ah um what?" The locked gate carry on has already been challenged (and lied about on the property form), but he's not taken a bit of notice.

I just knew there was more to it than your potential neighbours were letting on. Good thing you questioned this silly situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure