Santas challenge 2017

Comments

• katiehound i remember the food poisoning now!

Im really excited now thats where we are going Gdansk, any tips? DD wants to go for the Christmas markets but i want to go bec of the history that it holds. I definately want to visit the World War 2 museum and the trains are more accessible than Prague trams so a chance to go further afield.

You definately have wanderlust and i think i would like a longer cruise aswell. Life is too short not to be enjoyed, ur travelling sounds great.

Its good to know that some of the supermarkets donate to the homeless.

Gym sessions are very big here where i live but they dont run pilates, but it does sound like they should. I think they would be very popular.

Im going to brave wrapping the gin.....will just have another cuppa first!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Only had one day in Gdansk (well and Gydnia- the port) so took a tour from the ship.
    Lots of history, including the more modern kind with Lech Walesa & the Solidarity movement and Danzig between wars which was a free trade port.
    Actually seem to remember doing a lot of wandering in a market place with some lovely buildings and standing on a bridge (where I chatted to visitors from different countries with their dogs!!) So, not very intellectual at all!!

Pilates is a very good exercise programme for developing the core muscles- developed by Joseph Pilates as a rehabilitation regime for war veterans and for dancers in 1920s.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I ordered a couple of men’s valet trays for Xmas 2020. I think they make a good, practical gift and not one that most men have. That now means that I have sorted 4 people completely and 2 people partially sorted for Xmas 2020.

I have also been thinking about increasing my charitable efforts for Xmas 2020;

Link boxes - would like to do 6 (4 family and 2 elderly boxes). I don’t have anything left from this year, so I thought I should start now, whilst shops still have their winter stock in. I bought 6 pairs of magic gloves from Savers for 59p each (thanks for the tip happy kitties).

Christmas toy appeal - I donated a big bag of toys, but I didn’t give it much thought as to the recipients. I have been thinking about how difficult it must be for older children and teens who must be painfully aware of their circumstances, so really want to focus on gifts for them. Boys in particular, are difficult to buy for. So, when I hit the post Xmas sales, I will be thinking about the toy appeal.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Dashed into a charity shop today because they had saved me a sleeping bag (for doggy duvets.) Bought 5 x craft magazines- £1 for myself but noticed a neat little white dish in the 50 pence basket. I saw it said 'oven to tableware' so thought just the job for a friend's daughter as she is a musician and the design had a couple of hunting horns & castanets.
    When I washed it saw 'Royal Worcester'
    It's mid 1950's, Fiesta design and a smaller round dish is priced @ about £20 online.
    I'm still giving it away!!:xmastree:

The old dish washer has gone to the tip.......
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • katiehound what a cracking CS find, i bet ur friends daughter will love it.
    I bet u are glad to see the back of the old dishwasher

chanie u are beating me to it! I've only got one present for DD for next year so far. I'm popping near Savers tomorrow so might pop in to see if they have more gloves as they were out of stock or hadnt restocked last time, as when u go into the shop there are always boxes everywhere.

I went into morries just by chance on Saturday, saw the toy collection trolley but bec it was on the off chance i hadnt brought anything with me. Shocked that our tesc@ arent doing any collections this year, less busy and more accessible for me. Around this time Morries starts to become impossible and incredibly stupidly busy.

I sent my last parcel and the last of my cards today, im so happy. No more traipsing to the postoffice, the queue was bad today.
    Just some local cards to pass to DM who will hand them out for her neighbours who are friends.

Finally wrapped DDs gin and i hated every minute of it!!! I just didnt want to do it.
    Apart from 1 extra present i need to wrap that i had in my stocks, everything is done-except the tree.

I cant believe me and DD go to Poland next week. All of a sudden it is coming really quick. Getting very excited now. Must order the money tomorrow :)
  • chanie
    Forumite
    Katie Amazing finds from the charity shop. i'm sure your friend's daughter will be delighted with her gift.

Happy Kitties how exciting for Poland. Its come around so quickly - I remember you posting about it months ago.
  • chanie
    Forumite

chanie u are beating me to it!

I’m surprised at myself. As I have previously posted, I have struggled with inspiration for gifts this year and now that I feel I have got my mojo back, as soon as I get an idea, I just want to buy it then and there.

My buying in advance kind of brings back memories of particular events... for example, I bought Dsis a present from a TK Maxx store during my lunch break of a job I was really unhappy in. This was around this time last year. So, whenever I look at the bag, I’m reminded of that. But the bag was a good bargain and I’m so much happier in my career, so it’s is all bad. Likewise, I bought OH a bottle of aftershave, which was on offer on the plane when we went on holiday. This one is a bit sad, as it was Thomas Cook and it’s sad to think about all those people who have lost their jobs.

On a more positive note, we went to the Tower of London recently and I bought the most amazing Xmas tree decoration - a mini figurine of Anne Boleyn. I could have gone for Henry Viii or Elizabeth l but I thought having Anne was way cooler.
  • chanie
    Forumite
    edited 11 December 2019 at 8:22PM

chanie u are beating me to it!

I’m surprised at myself. As I have previously posted, I have struggled with inspiration for gifts this year and now that I feel I have got my mojo back, as soon as I get an idea, I just want to buy it then and there.

My buying in advance kind of brings back memories of particular events... for example, I bought Dsis a present from a TK Maxx store during my lunch break of a job I was really unhappy in. This was around this time last year. So, whenever I look at the bag, I’m reminded of that. But the bag was a good bargain and I’m so much happier in my career, so it’s is not all bad. Likewise, I bought OH a bottle of aftershave, which was on offer on the plane when we went on holiday. This one is a bit sad, as it was Thomas Cook and it’s sad to think about all those people who have lost their jobs.

On a more positive note, we went to the Tower of London recently and I bought the most amazing Xmas tree decoration - a mini figurine of Anne Boleyn.
  • I'm trying to do a chanie! I ordered a present for next christmas down from £14 to £7 its a little monster bed set.
    I'm the other way round normally i would of seen more items now but i havent this year.
    I have ordered some reduced llama candles for a charity auction for next year which i will pick up first thing from asd@

Went into Tesc@ this morning, they finally have their toy collection trolley out.

Its funny how items can evoke good and bad memories.
    I like the sound of the Anne Boleyn christmas decoration, its different and quirky-those are the best Christmas decs :)
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Foot is healing slowly - has check ups at gp been given another weeks worth of antibiotics... thou by mid afternoon it’s time for a nap...I’m on twice weekly dressings at the surgery...

So glad we made the train last week - Miss Hoodie has asked can we go back next Christmas.... said yes...

Got to get one set of presents wrapped to take Friday meeting friend for brunch, then wrap more as meeting another friend for lunch on Sunday - need to get cards wrote and posted.

For once got mums presents sorted, Miss Hoodie she’s got or of trainers so far, she’s asked for some make up and then surprise - getting her a voucher for an Llama walk - go when the weather is better.planning 2 shopping days next week then what I don’t get - go without ..::

Don’t forget prescriptions - save running out over Xmas xxx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family