Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 2nd Oct 17, 1:13 PM
    • 915Posts
    • 778Thanks
    scd3scd4
    24/7 Home rescue. The new scam.
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:13 PM
    24/7 Home rescue. The new scam. 2nd Oct 17 at 1:13 PM
    Pasted from TrustPilot

Steven Powell.....

247 Home Rescue offered me a month's free cover if I left them a five-star review so I am somewhat dubious about the authenticity of their reviews now but - so far so good. The website was easy to use and it appears that their products are the most competitive in the market. The only thing I found slightly confusing is that the product benefits are jumbled up across each cover level which makes it a bit more difficult to see what additional benefits each level offers.

TrustPilot are as bad.........they know this is a rogue company.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/247homerescue.co.uk
Page 2
    • Engravement
    • By Engravement 10th Apr 18, 1:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Engravement
    Absolutely terrible company. I decided to take out the landlords policy after switching from Homeserve due to cost of premium. The tenants contacted me due to a leak. I contacted 24/7 to make the claim. They decided not to honour the claim saying they don't cover track and trace although they didn't need to track and trace as the tenants knew it was a leak. Ended up paying for a plumber to come out to fix the leak. I logged a complaint which they havnt even dealt with properly but have closed it. I had been trying to contact the dept for days to cancel both this and the rescue policy but unable to get through as dept constantly busy. I have sent a letter to cancel. Should have read the previous reviews. Do not take out landlords cover as not fit for purpose. Have gone back to using homeserve.
    • Hannah.etc
    • By Hannah.etc 10th Apr 18, 6:09 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hannah.etc
    Another scam by 24/7 home rescue engineer who broke my boiler
    Engineer came out to do the annual free boiler service and then within 12 hrs my boiler pressure had hit rock bottom. Filled it up thinking that the engineer had messed around with the system and hadnít filled it up again but it now keeps on going down. Phoned up 24/7 and they said that it is a coincidence and I would have to log it as a claim. Unbelievably bad customer service from the complaints department with no desire to help or sort out the problem. It seems like the engineer created a problem so they could get more money to fix it.
    • Paul P.
    • By Paul P. 17th Apr 18, 1:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Paul P.
    Do not use this company
    *PLEASE READ THIS AND BEWARE* Ref: RA0244156 FOR AUTHENTICITY.

I am a Landlord of 2 property's and took out full Cover for each of them (Premium Package £17.50 per month each property - £38 in Total) back in Jan 2nd, within just a week or so I was contacted by their 'customer services' team asking me, if was willing to leave a review on Trustpilot? Now I thought that's strange, as I haven't used any of their Services yet, so how could I! But they dangled a carrot saying they would give me a free month If I did so and sent me a link right into Trustpilot which i'll admit a stupidity filled in however, I only gave them a review on the monthly price I paid and what level of cover I had nothing else.

SO MY FIRST POINT IS, LOOK AT MOST OF THEIR 5 STAR REVIEWS ON HERE - IT'S PEOPLE THAT'S JUST SIGNED UP AND TOOK THE CARROT PAYMENT LIKE I DID, THEY HAVENT ACTUALLY USED THEM YET!

Come March I needed a gas safety certificate, called them up weeks before it and they said someone would call the next day to book my appointment, I made them fully aware my certificate ran out on March 16th so would need a date before that, I was told no problem! But I had to pay £60 upfront there and then as I hadn't paid enough monthly instalments yet but my monthly payment of £17.50 on that property would be reduced, so I paid it. Next day no one called! Second day still no phone call! By the third day I realised I had make a huge mistake joining this Company as by then I was asking around other Friends/Landlords and Gas Engineers telling me they were the worst Company around!
    I called them on the third day and complained big time, I was told I would be put on the 'Priority' list and the on duty manager would call me back in 10mins, 7hours later I got the call!

NOW PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS JUST TO BOOK THE APPOINTMENT DATE NOTHING ELSE!

A was extremely annoyed at this point and knew this appointment was not going to happen, now, the earliest appointment I was offered??? YOU GOT IT, MARCH 16 THE DAY MY CURRENT CERTIFICATE EXPIRES! Now at this point I had to get guarantees that their engineer would have to keep the appointment that day and all guarantees were made, I took the day off work I was told I would receive a text the day before and the engineer would call between 08.00 - 17.30 I DID receive the text the day before, but still wasn't convinced he would call, I just had the gut feeling!

GUESS WHAT FOLKS? YOU GOT IT, NEXT DAY WAITING ON ENGINEER TO CALL 10.58am TEXT MESSAGE SAYING, 'TODAYS APPOINTMENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO ENGINEER HAVING TO ATTEND AN EMERGENCY ELSEWHERE, CALL THIS NUMBER TO REARRANGE APPOINTMENT'

I called them and went off like a ballistic missile! Cancelled everything I had with them and demanded my £60 back, was told I would receive it within 3 working days, it didn't happen, opened a case through their Complaints Department and was told I would receive it within 10 working days! It was only when I contacted my Bank and made a Complaint about this Company I received my £60 back on April 5th THREE WEEKS LATER!

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED!
    • j45p41
    • By j45p41 16th May 18, 2:47 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    j45p41
    Duped!
    Complaint raised:
    Spoke to Alisha in the retentions team and she has advised me to fill out this form. all details are logged on the system.

Here is a log of what has happened:

Around Mar 2017 I take out cover - payment of 60 taken for gas safety.
    Problem with 24x7 supplier and gas safety is not carried out on time - I am in breach of gas safety renewal
    Work finally carried out end of April but no copy of cert sent.
    numerous calls/webchats and cert finally received end of 2017.
    april 2018 - premium doubled.
    No gas safety performed or booked - in breach a second time.
    May 10 2018 - i call to cancel. Agent ratains by dropping premium and promising a better service.
    May 14 - I receive a text from my tennant that there is a leak and he sees water on the floorboards. Tenanant has limited english.
    May! 14 - first ever callout requested (after 1 year of no claims). I pass on information of a leak!and agents says due to lack of info for source of leak a security deposit is required. I explain that I will call tenant for more information. Agent advises that request has already been put through and no response will be given unless deposit is paid. I end the call and tenant advises that leak is coming from Tap. I call back and i am advised that 24x7 cannot send an engineer without payment of 30 - this is a callout charge.
    May 14 - I call cancellation and speak to Kaleb who says I am able to cancel but says that I should wait for outcome of engineer visit and he will call me back by end of the day to reveiw cancellation decision. I advise Kaleb that engineer for gas cert is due on may 15 and will this affect cancellation. He advises it will but he will call me before.

NO CALLBACK RECEIVED FROM KALEB
    May 15 330PM- engineer arrive at site, declares the leak to be not covered, proceeds to service boiler.
    May 15 5PM I receive VM from tenant that boiler is no longer working.
    May 15 7PM - I pick up VM and log a call - agent advises that nobody will be sent at this is a callback and manager will phone - he will try to expedite.
    May 16 - 9AM - agent phones and tells me that I have to pay to get repairs carried out and engineer visit and boiler failure are pure co-incidence. I ask if boiler was working when engineer left - agents is unsure and says she will get her manager Joanne to call.
    May 16 - 10PM - Joanne calls and says I must pay but will look into it.
    May 16 - 1030PM - call recieved from remedial team to take payment!
    May 16 - 11PM I call to cancel my policy. I am advised that due to engineer attending property I have to pay 150 to exit policy or pay remdial charges. I explain my agreement with KALEB - agent says that only way forward is to raise complaint online.

I hope your can appreciate I susbscribe to your premium landloard service, this is my first claim after a year, the boiler failed minutes after your engineer left and each person I speak to is asking for more money!! Despite trying to cancel on two occasions and being told to stay and then locking me in by sending your engineer, who breaks the boiler and then asking for 150 to repair is not good service. This is not withstanding that the security deposit would have been understandable from a cost standpiont if 2 engineers went out but you have further saved thsi unecessary charge by getting the same guy to do the work!

Please put me back to where I was or let me out!!!
    • jk0
    • By jk0 16th May 18, 6:21 PM
    • 2,438 Posts
    • 25,407 Thanks
    jk0
    I don't know why anyone keeps paying this firm in view of all the threads here saying how useless they are. You won't get a refund.

Just cancel any direct debit, and unless you make the effort of suing, be prepared to kiss goodbye to anything paid up to now.
    Last edited by jk0; 17-05-2018 at 7:28 AM. Reason: grammar
    • catherine234
    • By catherine234 4th Jun 18, 12:25 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    catherine234
    Worst company ever!
    As said many time before - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!! We have cancelled our direct debit but not before we spent precious time and money with them - look! I'm still wasting time but at least if this persuades someone not to take out any kind of services with this bunch of liars, then good!
    I couldn't reply to any particular email in this thread because I was spoiled for choice as to the number of problems we could identify with from our experience with this rogue company.
    We were told when joining that we could leave at any time with no fee. This was reiterated a couple of times by their phone operators. See end of this message for result of that false info!

1. Paying £60 up front for the annual service because we brought it forward and being told the premiums would drop for the year - they didn't and after all the the complications with them i didn't notice until we'd left
    2. Being given 'free' cover for a month for some other service with not a mention that at the end of this they would start to take monthly premiums for it. Luckily I noticed straight away
    3. Engineer comes to do annual service resulting in pressure dropping every couple of days so we have to reset it to get hot water and heating - pus now a small drip coming form base of boiler
    4. Ringing to ask for someone to come and fix the problem they caused - only to be asked for excess of £45 as this was a claim
    5. Told this was because we hadn't reported it within 2 weeks - this rude employee insisted that this condition was in the T&Cs, which she promptly emailed me again without so much as a 'hello' , just a link to them.
    Wasted more time reading them - 2 weeks not mentioned. Rang back to ask about this - told quite openly by some other rude employee that no, a 2 weeks deadline to report faults wasn't in there. It was at their 'sole discretion' whether they covered claims or looked at problems. We just had to pay an excess as this was a claim. But we didn't have a problem before your 'engineer' came? It's a claim, pay the excess. But you caused the problem? Pay the excess and we'll send someone. But....Write to the complaints dept.- that's the only other option.
    6. So I did - got an email back within 24 hrs saying that this was a claim and that there was a mandatory excess. The employees had said the right thing. No acknowledgement of what had happened, no mention of the details i had written, just that the operators on the phone had given the right advice. We left it.
    7. Finally after 2 and a half months of resetting the pressure every couple of days and the leak getting worse we decide to pay the excess and get someone out to fix it. Then probably leave 24/7, but at least with a working boiler.
    8. Booked an appt online and answered the questions, including - Were we getting any hot water and heating? Yes , when we reset the pressure every day or so. Someone rings shortly after to confirm everything I've said - including, were we getting and hot water and heating? Yes, when we reset the pressure every day or so. Ok, she says I'll get an engineer to ring to make an appointment, That'll be £45 excess - which we paid.
    Engineer rings, makes an appoint in two days time. Engineer comes, fiddles about a bit, takes the cover off then says we need a new pressure pump. The office will call to arrange parts and an appt to fit. Otherwise boiler is fine and we are doing resetting pressure in the right way.
    9. Office rings - they have engineer's report. We need this pressure valve or pump and also some other part to stop the leak at the base. Ok, when can you come? Can we ask, are you getting hot water and heating at all? Yes, I say, intermittently when the pressure is reset every day by us. You're not covered then - it's not a complete breakdown. We can come and fit the new parts but this will cost in the region of £200 !!!! For a problem they caused in the first place! Sending an engineer when they knew we were getting hot water and heating intermittently!
    Hung up, called a local boiler service - they came next day, 30 minutes, fixed pressure and leaks, no parts needed - £60 plus VAT call out charge.
    Cancelled direct debit to 24/7 and emailed complaints dept. to tell them this and why I had done it. Received phone call form billing dept the next day - we had to pay the direct debit until October or incur a £142 charge. After saying we could cancel at anytime! Apparently not if you've made a claim even if that engineer does nothing. Sent link to T&Cs again - didn't work, just went to home page. Haha! Incompetent!
    Did sums on how much we had paid over 5 months - monthly payments, boiler service, and insurance cover we didn't agree to and it comes to the roughly the same as it would have cost for the whole year. That's not including the excess we paid for the 'engineer' who came out for the 'claim'. Can't be bothered arguing with them anymore - hopefully we'll hear no more from them as we certainly do not owe them any money.
    TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE COMPANY. THEY WILL SAY ANYTHING TO GET OUT OF PAYING OUT FOR ANY SORT OF COVER. AVOID AT ALL COSTS
    • catherine234
    • By catherine234 4th Jun 18, 12:51 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    catherine234
    Reported to Trading Standards today as well.
    • olic
    • By olic 6th Jul 18, 4:45 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    olic
    Thanks for warning others about this company- I was very close to being sucked in myself!

Does anyone know of an alternative company who will offer a legitimate service?
    Hi, weíve had to remove your signature. If youíre not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if youíre still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • animel71
    • By animel71 11th Aug 18, 7:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    animel71
    Rescue me from 247 Home Rescue!
    I've had an unbelievable experience from them. Bought annual boiler cover in 2016 for 12 months, didn't receive an annual boiler service. Stupidly bought annual cover with them again in January 2018 and paid annual amount up front. They then started deducting 13.23 a month from my bank account. After numerous attempts to find an answer as to what this money was for, submitting a complaint that was acknowledged but they then said they had no record of, found out they'd renewed my old boiler cover contract without telling me so I was effectively paying 'double'. It has taken 6 months to get to the bottom of this riddle - finally got an answer from their social media team when I submitted a bad review on trust pilot.

Boiler broke down recently, initially they said they wouldn't fix it as it was un-economical but then we paid 200.00 towards getting it fixed (as well as 75.00 in case it was an existing fault). Engineer came out and got it up and running but then checked flue and there was a large crack in it - boiler condemned!! We were told annual boiler service would not have picked up problems yet our previous annual service from n-power was a 36 point check, including flue checks. We have paid 645.00 in total to this company for nothing! Have submitted yet another complaint to them and told them we want full refund and compensation and will proceed to alternative dispute resolution scheme if necessary.
    • Kellym79
    • By Kellym79 16th Aug 18, 5:25 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kellym79
    I am disgusted with the service from this company . I renewed my policy with them in May this year. Had to ring and check as they automatically renewed it but that!!!8217;s by the by. When I called I specifically asked if I could cancel at any time as I would be selling the house later this year. I was assured that it was a rolling contract and that I could cancel at any time . As it turns out I!!!8217;ve sold my property so called on Monday to cancel. I was told that I cannot cancel as I have my boiler serviced and am now bound in to a contract for the the year! I stated what I!!!8217;d been told and was met with well it!!!8217;s in the terms and conditions madam! I wasn!!!8217;t happy and was told to complain via their online facility , this was not easy to use and I emailed them on Monday evening with my complaint. I have called today to ask why there is no reply and have been told that it hasn!!!8217;t been looked at yet and again I stated my case and was told curtly that it is in their terms and conditions , I said well maybe your employees should read them too before mis-selling me a product. The call handler basically hung up on me. After posting a review on trust pilot I have had the usual reply to contact someone called sam which I have done and now awaiting a reply
    I also note that many have been asked to post a 5 star rating for one months free cover ; I was sucked into this and have since edited my five star review too. I am now faced with the prospect of paying for something I!!!8217;m not going to use , not sure where I stand in cancelling the direct debit but I will be contacting trading standards about this as I feel I have been lied to ! Whether they help is another matter but hope the more that do it the more they may sit up and take notice
    • jk0
    • By jk0 16th Aug 18, 7:06 PM
    • 2,438 Posts
    • 25,407 Thanks
    jk0
    I am disgusted with the service from this company . I renewed my policy with them in May this year. Had to ring and check as they automatically renewed it but that!!!8217;s by the by. When I called I specifically asked if I could cancel at any time as I would be selling the house later this year. I was assured that it was a rolling contract and that I could cancel at any time . As it turns out I!!!8217;ve sold my property so called on Monday to cancel. I was told that I cannot cancel as I have my boiler serviced and am now bound in to a contract for the the year! I stated what I!!!8217;d been told and was met with well it!!!8217;s in the terms and conditions madam! I wasn!!!8217;t happy and was told to complain via their online facility , this was not easy to use and I emailed them on Monday evening with my complaint. I have called today to ask why there is no reply and have been told that it hasn!!!8217;t been looked at yet and again I stated my case and was told curtly that it is in their terms and conditions , I said well maybe your employees should read them too before mis-selling me a product. The call handler basically hung up on me. After posting a review on trust pilot I have had the usual reply to contact someone called sam which I have done and now awaiting a reply
    I also note that many have been asked to post a 5 star rating for one months free cover ; I was sucked into this and have since edited my five star review too. I am now faced with the prospect of paying for something I!!!8217;m not going to use , not sure where I stand in cancelling the direct debit but I will be contacting trading standards about this as I feel I have been lied to ! Whether they help is another matter but hope the more that do it the more they may sit up and take notice
    Originally posted by Kellym79

Yes, absolutely cancel the direct debit. Let the b&ggars sue you if they think they have a leg to stand on.
    • Kellym79
    • By Kellym79 16th Aug 18, 8:46 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kellym79
    I am worried that they!!!8217;ll threaten debt collectors if I cancel. I!!!8217;ve been reading the horrendous threads on this company. DD being reinstated and customers having to have their banks block them from taking anymore money
    Funnily enough, the person who responded to my post on trust pilot emailed to say she would look into the matter for me , heard nothing. I am effectively going to pay £150 for a £60 boiler service!
    Went to post a review on their Facebook page and strangely enough there is no way of doing it . I am livid
    • jk0
    • By jk0 16th Aug 18, 9:04 PM
    • 2,438 Posts
    • 25,407 Thanks
    jk0
    I am worried that they!!!8217;ll threaten debt collectors if I cancel. I!!!8217;ve been reading the horrendous threads on this company. DD being reinstated and customers having to have their banks block them from taking anymore money
    Funnily enough, the person who responded to my post on trust pilot emailed to say she would look into the matter for me , heard nothing. I am effectively going to pay £150 for a £60 boiler service!
    Went to post a review on their Facebook page and strangely enough there is no way of doing it . I am livid
    Originally posted by Kellym79

They'd have to get a court order before sending bailiffs. That's your opportunity to have your say.

However, I don't know of anyone ever sued by these sh&sters. If anyone sues them, they settle out of court.
    • Kellym79
    • By Kellym79 16th Aug 18, 9:20 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kellym79
    I will see what tomorrow brings - not holding my breath. Have just emailed BBC watchdog , will try CAB and trading standards tomorrow , just can!!!8217;t believe they!!!8217;ve got away with this for so Long!!
    • Kellym79
    • By Kellym79 17th Aug 18, 6:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kellym79
    Today I have heard back from !!!8216;sam!!!8217; following my scathing review on TP . I have to pay a £144 cancellation fee or just carrying on paying £13.23 until March 2019. I was told this because it is in the terms and conditions! I have emailed back and said that that is a rip off and that I am not letting it go as I was lied to in the first instance being told I could cancel at any time . No mention of being tied in because o had my boiler serviced . I contacted advice guide , who told me to put it in writing that They could have altered the contract verbally by the conversation when I renewed the policy. However , because it is their terms and conditions I don!!!8217;t really have a leg to stand on as proving something that was said is difficult. Bet they don!!!8217;t record their calls
    Sam from 247 said she has passed my feelings on to the legal and compliance team. The fact that people are posting positive review after positive review on TP annoys me as it!!!8217;s all to do with setting up policies . So frustrating . They are vile! I emailed and said I can handle a £25 cancellation fee that you may get for cancelling say a gas:electric company but not £144. I am gutted
    • jk0
    • By jk0 17th Aug 18, 6:36 PM
    • 2,438 Posts
    • 25,407 Thanks
    jk0
    Well I woudn't be paying. I'd let them sue me, (if they dared.)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

2,046Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin