Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Savingsbythebell
    • By Savingsbythebell 28th Jun 17, 11:33 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 135Thanks
    Savingsbythebell
    Did anyone bag a Mini SNES before they sold out?
    • 28th Jun 17, 11:33 AM
    Did anyone bag a Mini SNES before they sold out? 28th Jun 17 at 11:33 AM
    Apparently, they are gone already! I managed to buy a Mini Nes last time but didn't try for this one. Did anyone have any luck?
    Life's all about dem rich teas biscuits
Page 1
    • ColinFishwick
    • By ColinFishwick 28th Jun 17, 2:04 PM
    • 700 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    ColinFishwick
    • 28th Jun 17, 2:04 PM
    • 28th Jun 17, 2:04 PM
    Isnt there a new one coming later this year

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/822301/SNES-Classic-Mini-pre-orders-UPDATE-stock-available-Smyths-stores

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/retro-gaming/nintendo-classic-mini-super-nintendo-entertainment-system/p/161624
    Last edited by ColinFishwick; 28-06-2017 at 2:06 PM.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 28th Jun 17, 2:09 PM
    • 5,476 Posts
    • 4,659 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 28th Jun 17, 2:09 PM
    • 28th Jun 17, 2:09 PM
    that's what he is talking about
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 28th Jun 17, 2:10 PM
    • 5,476 Posts
    • 4,659 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 28th Jun 17, 2:10 PM
    • 28th Jun 17, 2:10 PM
    Just pre ordered one from smyths
    • Chrysalis
    • By Chrysalis 28th Jun 17, 6:08 PM
    • 2,219 Posts
    • 1,058 Thanks
    Chrysalis
    • 28th Jun 17, 6:08 PM
    • 28th Jun 17, 6:08 PM
    all snatched up by scalpers

I rang very and they said they only were allocated 60 for pre orders, SIXTY.

wow massive stock levels.

A pre ordering system is supposedly to allow a manufacturer to know how much to produce, so you accept every pre order and make the same amount, but it seems nintendo are deliberately keeping it limited presumably to make them more valuable.
    • Lumstorm
    • By Lumstorm 28th Jun 17, 7:15 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    Lumstorm
    • 28th Jun 17, 7:15 PM
    • 28th Jun 17, 7:15 PM
    I'll pick one up if I can and a Super Famicom console as well. I bought the Mini NES last time for 49 and the Mini famicom for 44 from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.co.jp respectively I refuse to pay scalper prices.
    • Chrysalis
    • By Chrysalis 28th Jun 17, 8:13 PM
    • 2,219 Posts
    • 1,058 Thanks
    Chrysalis
    • 28th Jun 17, 8:13 PM
    • 28th Jun 17, 8:13 PM
    the snes famicon mini is on play asia at the moment in stock.

seems shopto are a scalper as well as I observed they have a mini nes (not snes) in stock but its 150.

I also want a mini nes but it looks like I will literally have to pay over the odds to get one, for a mini snes its hoping that nintendo sees sense and provides more pre orders.
    • Miski
    • By Miski 28th Jun 17, 8:24 PM
    • 3,963 Posts
    • 8,007 Thanks
    Miski
    • 28th Jun 17, 8:24 PM
    • 28th Jun 17, 8:24 PM
    Yep, managed to now snag myself 2.

1 from Amazon and the other Smyths. Unfortunately I panicked when I was rushing to buy it before it sold out and chose Cardiff as a collection point

I live no way near there.

For others. Don't panic Argos will be releasing their stock for pre-order
    Last edited by Miski; 28-06-2017 at 8:43 PM.
    • Crazy Jamie
    • By Crazy Jamie 28th Jun 17, 9:04 PM
    • 2,148 Posts
    • 2,071 Thanks
    Crazy Jamie
    • 28th Jun 17, 9:04 PM
    • 28th Jun 17, 9:04 PM
    It is widely suspected that Nintendo will provide higher stock levels of the Mini SNES given the success of the NES. Nintendo are generally low with their stock, but they have shown in the past by re stocking some of the rarer initial amiibos that they do have the capacity to show some sense. My hope is that the combination of stock levels being higher for the Mini SNES and a much higher proportion of scalpers will mean that sell on prices are kept somewhat sensible, but I accept that may be a pipe dream. If it isn't a pipe dream, it might mean that re stocks are more readily available when they inevitably come round.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
    • Chrysalis
    • By Chrysalis 28th Jun 17, 10:23 PM
    • 2,219 Posts
    • 1,058 Thanks
    Chrysalis
    It is widely suspected that Nintendo will provide higher stock levels of the Mini SNES given the success of the NES. Nintendo are generally low with their stock, but they have shown in the past by re stocking some of the rarer initial amiibos that they do have the capacity to show some sense. My hope is that the combination of stock levels being higher for the Mini SNES and a much higher proportion of scalpers will mean that sell on prices are kept somewhat sensible, but I accept that may be a pipe dream. If it isn't a pipe dream, it might mean that re stocks are more readily available when they inevitably come round.
    Originally posted by Crazy Jamie
    They already out of stock

Took 24 minutes.

I just think its a business decision made by Nintendo to make this a limited production, as it is proven that by limited supply, it can actually raise demand, the fact I tried to order one is proof of that, I probably only want it by the fact it is a limited run.
    Last edited by Chrysalis; 28-06-2017 at 10:27 PM.
    • Sparklytori
    • By Sparklytori 29th Jun 17, 6:10 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    Sparklytori
    Managed to place a pre order on amazon.uk.....hope it gets fulfilled as I missed out on the mini nes.
    • RichL74
    • By RichL74 29th Jun 17, 9:15 AM
    • 843 Posts
    • 343 Thanks
    RichL74
    Scalpers paradise for these now, 200 on eBay.
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 29th Jun 17, 12:27 PM
    • 4,499 Posts
    • 15,047 Thanks
    Westie983
    Managed to place a pre order on amazon.uk.....hope it gets fulfilled as I missed out on the mini nes.
    Originally posted by Sparklytori
    Thats interesting as it says not avalable, when I looked and I have registered for alerts when back to purchase, and nothing has changed.

Is is the NES mini or the normal one you have preordered?

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2018 #10 Total (25,000)+13,000/12,000 = 108.33%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 11 #97 Total (410) + 40/500 = 8.00% ( x 11)
    Xmas 2018 1 a Day #2 Total 62.59/365 = 17.14%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total 1200/1000 = 120.00%
    2 Savers Club 2018 #16 Total (1500)+-470/2000 = 51.50%

Total 15,332.59/15,865 = 96.64%

I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Chrysalis
    • By Chrysalis 29th Jun 17, 5:24 PM
    • 2,219 Posts
    • 1,058 Thanks
    Chrysalis
    Usuallly for pre orders stores will take more orders than allocation (or they dont have a fixed allocation) and then they just try to fullfill.

But seems nintendo have told retailers to adhere strictly to low allocations.

Argos had it added on their website late this morning but sold out within 15 minutes, I knew they were going to add it and kept trying their website all yesterday, but they gave no notice of what time it would be added.

They seem to be running this in a way so if new stock appears, it appears without any warning, meaning people cannot be prepared for it, it will favour automated tools that keep refreshing waiting for stock and those who can sit there all day constantly refreshing websites waiting for stock.

"not available" instead of "out of stock" is also not a good sign, usually when sites know they getting more stock they will say "out of stock". "not available" is more often used when they believe they getting no more stock at all or not for a long time.

So those of us who did not get in that 24 min window are probably never going to get one.
    • Redalligator
    • By Redalligator 29th Jun 17, 6:02 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Redalligator
    What is the difference between the NES and the SNES? i had a SNES when i was younger but just confused to how they have re-released two of their consoles in one year
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 29th Jun 17, 6:44 PM
    • 28,044 Posts
    • 15,294 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    What is the difference between the NES and the SNES? i had a SNES when i was younger but just confused to how they have re-released two of their consoles in one year
    Originally posted by luke623
    Nes is the previous console to the snes which is more capable like PS4 is more capable compared to PS3.
    • Chrysalis
    • By Chrysalis 29th Jun 17, 7:10 PM
    • 2,219 Posts
    • 1,058 Thanks
    Chrysalis
    here is some thoughts from polygon on nintendo's antics.

https://www.polygon.com/2016/11/11/13597938/nes-classic-edition-shortage

Anyone who buys or, worse still, collects amiibos is all too familiar with this pattern. Simple toy, relatively easy to manufacture, is impossible to find. There are preorders, there are email lists, there!!!8217;s price gouging from scalpers on marketplaces like eBay.

As of Oct. 2015, Nintendo sold over 21 million amiibos, an impressive figure to be sure for just one year. Meanwhile, Activision had some sold 250 million Skylanders figures as of June 2015, less than four years after the franchise debuted. You don!!!8217;t hear about Skylanders scalping much, do you?

So either Nintendo is constraining supply, in order to drive hype and awareness and the allure of exclusivity !!!8212; a holiday narrative as applicable to the NES Classic as it was for Tickle Me Elmo
    • Crazy Jamie
    • By Crazy Jamie 29th Jun 17, 9:32 PM
    • 2,148 Posts
    • 2,071 Thanks
    Crazy Jamie
    Scalpers paradise for these now, 200 on eBay.
    Originally posted by RichL74
    They're not selling for 200 though. They seem to be going for the 120-140 range. I expect that will come down at launch when Ebay will be swamped with them, so hopefully those who do really want them can still get them at a somewhat reasonable price.

Again, something of a pipe dream perhaps, but there will be relatively few on Ebay now compared to how many listings there will be when people actually get them in hand.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
    • RichL74
    • By RichL74 30th Jun 17, 12:41 PM
    • 843 Posts
    • 343 Thanks
    RichL74
    There's loads on buy it now between 150 and 300, you don't know if they're selling or not, one sells another ten get listed.
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 30th Jun 17, 3:54 PM
    • 1,312 Posts
    • 1,615 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    Much cheaper to drop a tenner on a RasPi Zero W and a fiver on a controller but whatever floats your boat!
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,669Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin