Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Freezing
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    • 26th Dec 14, 10:26 PM
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue 26th Dec 14 at 10:26 PM
    Dear all

I just wanted to give some feed back on the terrible service we have had this Christmas from 24/7 Home Rescue.

Firstly, they are not 24/7 - whist you can make a claim with the engineering company they outsource their work to, you can't actually speak to them directly because they are closed until 5 January 2015! Which company in this day and age is closed for this long without someone being available to contact, especially when the say they are 24/7? I have asked the online "webchat" machine wether they have an emergency number they can contact and all I got was an evasive answer to the effect of "someone will call you soon" presumably when they re-open on 5 January!

Long and short of the story is that we had problems with our boiler. They sent out someone to look at it. This engineer reset the boiler and went on his way. The problems persisted and 24/7 have not sent someone to look at the boiler again as they think the problem is a pressure issue. How would they know this without even looking at the boiler after the problems persisted? Any way, it's a fault with the boiler itself but they won't send anyone out to have a look at it. The boiler has broken down again and when I called the third party engineering line we were told there was a note on the system not to send an engineer out until the dispute was investigated. Problem is, they are closed over Christmas and there is no one we can speak to.

If there was an issue which was genuinely not covered the policy then fine, we would get it fixed. But they they allegedly fixed our boiler then when the problems persisted they said it was a problem with the pressure without even looking at the boiler. Also, pressure isn't specifically excluded from the terms of their service.

I have used both British Gas and Homeserve before and for all their faults, at least you can speak to a person at the company over Christmas. Out of Homeserve and British Gas, I would say Homeserve were the best so will be going back to them.

I am sorry to say that these smaller independent companies really don't provide the same level of service.

Sorry for the rant but I was most disappointed to hear the company left us without cover over Christmas.

We've got the electric heaters on for now!
Page 21
    • ddaddy
    • By ddaddy 1st May 18, 12:42 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ddaddy
    In other words, yes, no excess means no excess and yes, parts and labour means parts and labour....

Unless.......

We say other wise in our lengthy, wordy terms and conditions.

Dear 247homescamster

Please revert to the terms and conditions of your plan. We have provided enough information on there that will answer your query.

Thank you

Lauren 247 Home Rescue
    Originally posted by 247homerescue
    • Doggysoft
    • By Doggysoft 1st May 18, 12:51 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Doggysoft
    Has anyone had any success with small claims courts? I've had the same palaver as everyone above. I was charged 75 for one call out because I'd 'waited 24 hours before reporting it', and another call out I was charged 75 for a call out because the electrician could not find the cause of the intermittent fault and therefore 'had nothing to fix'. He put it down to the fusebox needing to be 'reset' and therefore classed as 'home maintenance and something I should know how to do'.

The best part is that when I rang 24/7 to question them on the original call by myself, I asked them if in the notes 'Had I mentioned that I had tried resetting the fuseboard and that it would not, as it kept tripping'; she said 'yes' and passed me to a manager who would not answer my call and instead chose to email me a rejection of my complaint.

Both call outs were 'covered' by the Home Emergency policy with 'No excess' etc
    • 247homerescue
      Verified User verified user
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 1st May 18, 1:57 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Dear Doggysoft

Thank you for your review. In order to ensure this matter is dealt with promptly and the areas of your complaints are investigated, please would you be kind enough to contact me via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • jk0
    • By jk0 1st May 18, 7:07 PM
    • 2,437 Posts
    • 25,381 Thanks
    jk0
    I think Lauren left the job weeks ago. I suspect her account has been taken over by a Mr H. A. I'm sure you know who I'm referring to.
    • PhilipV6
    • By PhilipV6 3rd May 18, 1:06 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    PhilipV6
    It's very misleading from 247. They are selling "no excess" cover plans which to me would mean no callout charges...
    However what they have done is put in "security payments" into their t&c's which they use to basically charge customers for every call out.

Taken from their T&C's:
    Excess Payment:
    Your service agreement may have been
    purchased with an excess which reduced
    the amount of the premium payable. This is
    a mandatory excess and will need to be
    paid prior to any claim.

Security Payment:

At our absolute sole discretion we reserve the right
    to request a nominal security payment of 75
    where the breakdown is deemed pre-existing or
    intermittent or where it is unclear whether the fault
    is covered under the service agreement. The
    payment may be refunded once the engineer has
    reported their findings and confirms that the fault
    being reported is covered under the agreement.

Lauren, your statistics of helping people on here is awful. Not one person has liked any of your posts, have you resolved anyone's issues yet?

• Doggysoft
    • By Doggysoft 3rd May 18, 3:19 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Doggysoft

Security Payment:

At our absolute sole discretion we reserve the right
    to request a nominal security payment of 75
    where the breakdown is deemed pre-existing or
    intermittent or where it is unclear whether the fault
    is covered under the service agreement. The
    payment may be refunded once the engineer has
    reported their findings and confirms that the fault
    being reported is covered under the agreement.

Originally posted by PhilipV6

Love that part; 'pre-existing'. What would the alternate be? "Hello, I'm just phoning up to request an engineer for next Tuesday please. Problem? No, no problem yet, I'm just being pre-emptive to avoid being charged a call out by you."
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 3rd May 18, 5:40 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Dear PhilipV6

If you would like to discuss your points further you can contact me on socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk. I am more than happy to run through the terms and conditions and the security payments with you in detail.

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 3rd May 18, 7:23 PM
    • 915 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    They are nothing but scammers...........I have followed this company for a while now on here and TP. They are on another lever.

I read one review were they do not come out for blocked toilets it you have another one in the home?!

They really are not worth having, go with the other providers or just put the money in a tin!!
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 03-05-2018 at 8:50 PM.
    • jk0
    • By jk0 15th May 18, 8:11 PM
    • 2,437 Posts
    • 25,381 Thanks
    jk0
    I think MSE needs a 'No Thanks' button, doesn't it?

Then 247homerescue would have a negative number of 'Thanks'
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 17th May 18, 3:12 PM
    • 915 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Get a load of the latest from these {text removed by MSE Investigations}.

Derek Bishop on TRUSTPILOT.

17/05/18

UPDATED Ref policy number: WS0178088
    Do not touch this company with a barge pole. They use every trick in the book to avoid coming out to you, wait times on the line are unbelievable, when we finally did have an engineer come out to service our boiler they put a screwdriver through a water pipe inside the boiler so water was pouring out everywhere and tried to say the hole was there on arrival... as if they would even attempt to service a boiler that had water flooding out of it our kitchen drenching our kitchen floor! We had no option but to get them to fix the fault but at our cost as they would not accept responsibility and we spoke to so many "managers" and guess what on removal of the pipe there was a screwdriver shaped hole. Thinking back to when the service engineer had started the servicing we had heard a commotion and all we could think is that the engineer lost his balance and put his screwdriver through the pipe on his fall. These things can happen but please hold your hand up and admit it! He refused to accept responsibility, so did 24/7 they added that this pipe wasn't covered under the policy even though their engineer had damaged it, it was his word against ours! To add insult to injury they also "offer" a free 2 months of car breakdown cover but do not take this cover as after the two months they automatically link it to other policies with direct debits and charge you for this too. underhand, unprofessional and one to avoid at all costs!!

I have read many reviews like this......including how they diagnose problems without even taking the boiler cover off. I have really suspicions that some of theses people many not be qualified.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 22-05-2018 at 10:39 AM.
    • jk0
    • By jk0 19th May 18, 7:05 PM
    • 2,437 Posts
    • 25,381 Thanks
    jk0

I have read many reviews like this......including how they diagnose problems without even taking the boiler cover off. I have really suspicions that some of theses people many not be qualified.
    Originally posted by scd3scd4
    I agree scd. I guess a cynic might ask why would they need qualified tradesmen if they have no intention of doing any repairs?
    • bina kumari
    • By bina kumari 30th May 18, 1:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bina kumari
    24 home rescue
    I have had a terrible experience with this company.. I joined this company over year ago.. I decided to use them first time couple of months ago..during the cold weather hot water and heating stopped working. I called them out and told me I had to pay 75 that will be refunded after the engineer expects the fault..just in case parts are needed..etc.. I argued with them that I joined this company up to prevent additional charges...they agreed to charge me 35 refundable..how ever I agreed out of desperation as I am disabled.. when engineer arrived he said nothing was wrong and pipes had been frozen he just told me to put hot water on there and it will work..and it did..after this I been trying to get my additional 35 refunded..after months and 4 calls to them the response I got was that I will not be refunded cause there wasn't a issue the engineer could of fixed and therefore I lost that money...I asked what was the money used for and they said a call out charge...omg I was horrified I pay for unlimited call outs with no excess charges...What on earth is going on..they keep you on hold for hours at a time and they refused to listen to me further and said they will terminate my call...I am so upset...still can't understand why they charged me 35 For!!!!:
    • PhilipV6
    • By PhilipV6 31st May 18, 9:08 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    PhilipV6
    It's a scam. They have "excess" and "security" payments listed in their terms and conditions. Even if your on a no excess cover plan they will still charge the "security" payment for the call out.
    They aren't regulated by any ombudsman and so can oversee their own complaints. They give themselves 8 weeks to respond and to make a complaint you have to tick a box to waive your rights to write anything negative on social media.

35 sounds like a lucky escape compared to folks who have been scammed for much more and still left with no heating. Just search on twitter.....

Hopefully you have found better cover now.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 31st May 18, 11:08 PM
    • 915 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    It's a scam. They have "excess" and "security" payments listed in their terms and conditions. Even if your on a no excess cover plan they will still charge the "security" payment for the call out.
    They aren't regulated by any ombudsman and so can oversee their own complaints. They give themselves 8 weeks to respond and to make a complaint you have to tick a box to waive your rights to write anything negative on social media.

35 sounds like a lucky escape compared to folks who have been scammed for much more and still left with no heating. Just search on twitter.....

Hopefully you have found better cover now.
    Originally posted by PhilipV6

Other than a yearly service..............I don't see that theses mugs cover anything. They really are not worth having. How they have not been on Watchdog yet I do not know!!

Its no good comparing them to BG say as the cover is so different. 24/7 have a reason to get out of repairing anything without extra money, if at all.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 31-05-2018 at 11:11 PM.
    • NewbieLandlord
    • By NewbieLandlord 1st Jun 18, 11:34 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NewbieLandlord
    I hate to admit it but we've fallen prey to this company too.

We are new, novice landlords - our first tenant moves in today - and, having looked around, we decided to use 24/7 Home Rescue for our boiler services and gas safety checks. I rang up to book an appointment for the boiler to be services and the gas safety checks to be carried out, to be told that, as we'd only just taken the policy out, we would have to pay a value up front but that would then reduce our monthly payment. Fair enough, I thought. After much palaver and loads of calls, I managed to get the service visit booked for Wednesday 30th. Our tenant would be at the property so he offered to let the engineer in, etc. Within an hour of the service visit, I got a call from the company to say he'd been, the service had been carried out and the engineer noted that, as our boiler was over 10 years old (it's 13 years old) then it wasn't worth anything and they could do me a deal on a new boiler. The lady then proceeded to inform me how the value reduces each year, before I politely informed her I was well-aware of how depreciation in all its forms works as I was an accountant. Following this visit, there was no hot water to be had whatsoever, although it had worked perfectly well before their visit, coincidence? Contacted 24/7 to be told they'd send an engineer out the following day. He turned up and "worked" on the boiler for over an hour to inform us that it was the gas valve that had failed and he'd reported it back to his office, could I chase up to get it put on the job list for the next day? After 20+ minutes on hold, I was informed that the issue had been referred to their claims department who had gone home for the day! This morning, having been on hold for almost 20 minutes again, I find out that the claims department had denied our claim on the basis that we'd not had a policy very long with them. I pointed out that the boiler had worked before their "engineer" had been to be told then that the service they do isn't a service as most of us would thing, they don't actually touch anything within the boiler, they just visually inspect it and therefore they could not have possible have done anything that would have made in not work!
    Anyway, after loosing it big time with them, I've told them to cancel the policy and we're cancelling our direct debit. We've lost 50+ to them but worse now is I have to get an emergency plumber in to rectify the damage at 125 per hour plus VAT plus parts. Has anyone successfully recouped costs incurred having to rectify this company's incompetence?
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 4th Jun 18, 3:01 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Dear Newbie Landlord

Thank you for your review.

We apologise for the issues so far. We value your feedback and your report of difficulties in your engagement with us is a serious concern.

Please can you kindly liaise with me at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk so that we can engage in this matter further.

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 4th Jun 18, 3:05 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Dear Bina Kumari

Thank you for your review. In order to ensure this matter is dealt with promptly and the areas of your complaints are investigated, please would you be kind enough to contact me via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    • Bat71
    • By Bat71 5th Jun 18, 11:18 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Bat71
    Small Claims
    Have also been burnt by this company.

It struck me that if enough people in our situation submitted individual small claims then it might be a way to hit them where it hurts, not necessarily financially but for the act of multiple claims on their reputation.

Would like to coordinate something along these lines, but no idea how

Has anyone successfully won a small claim and if so can you share how it was done?

I am aware that the T&Cs are sufficiently ambiguous seems to cover everything and also complicated, so framing a claim without looking like you just did not pay enough attention to these is quite tricky.

If we could put together some sort of standard claim wording that specifically addressed the company's tactics then it might be easier for a lot of people to take action.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 5th Jun 18, 12:11 PM
    • 915 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    I took them to SC. It really is simple. Within a couple of days I was called and they replaced the money in my account. I only cancelled the SC once the money hit my back.
    • Bat71
    • By Bat71 5th Jun 18, 12:24 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Bat71
    Can I ask what your complaints were or how you phrased the claim.

In my case I feel like they have charged me money (100's) that I wasn't expecting from an 'insurer' but it could be argued that these extra costs were hidden away in the T&Cs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,669Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin