Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Freezing
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    • 26th Dec 14, 10:26 PM
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue 26th Dec 14 at 10:26 PM
    Dear all

I just wanted to give some feed back on the terrible service we have had this Christmas from 24/7 Home Rescue.

Firstly, they are not 24/7 - whist you can make a claim with the engineering company they outsource their work to, you can't actually speak to them directly because they are closed until 5 January 2015! Which company in this day and age is closed for this long without someone being available to contact, especially when the say they are 24/7? I have asked the online "webchat" machine wether they have an emergency number they can contact and all I got was an evasive answer to the effect of "someone will call you soon" presumably when they re-open on 5 January!

Long and short of the story is that we had problems with our boiler. They sent out someone to look at it. This engineer reset the boiler and went on his way. The problems persisted and 24/7 have not sent someone to look at the boiler again as they think the problem is a pressure issue. How would they know this without even looking at the boiler after the problems persisted? Any way, it's a fault with the boiler itself but they won't send anyone out to have a look at it. The boiler has broken down again and when I called the third party engineering line we were told there was a note on the system not to send an engineer out until the dispute was investigated. Problem is, they are closed over Christmas and there is no one we can speak to.

If there was an issue which was genuinely not covered the policy then fine, we would get it fixed. But they they allegedly fixed our boiler then when the problems persisted they said it was a problem with the pressure without even looking at the boiler. Also, pressure isn't specifically excluded from the terms of their service.

I have used both British Gas and Homeserve before and for all their faults, at least you can speak to a person at the company over Christmas. Out of Homeserve and British Gas, I would say Homeserve were the best so will be going back to them.

I am sorry to say that these smaller independent companies really don't provide the same level of service.

Sorry for the rant but I was most disappointed to hear the company left us without cover over Christmas.

We've got the electric heaters on for now!
Page 21
    • Bat71
    • By Bat71 5th Jun 18, 12:24 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Bat71
    Can I ask what your complaints were or how you phrased the claim.

In my case I feel like they have charged me money (£100's) that I wasn't expecting from an 'insurer' but it could be argued that these extra costs were hidden away in the T&Cs
    • 247homerescue
      Verified User verified user
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 5th Jun 18, 3:13 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Dear Bat71

Thank you for your review. In order to ensure this matter is dealt with promptly and the areas of your complaints are investigated, please would you be kind enough to contact me via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 5th Jun 18, 5:07 PM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 847 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Baf71

{Text removed by MSE Forum Team} continued to take DD after I cancelled them. I did multiple call backs with my bank. Only for 24/7 to take the money again the next month. In the end ,I complained to the bank after the third time and they put a block on them taking money again unless I phoned.

However when I looked back over my statements this had been going on for a while and I had been lazy in checking. I sent them a email and then issued a SC. My suggestion is to keep it simple and short. I doubt they will turn up at court and will phone you to make a payment. If not go to SC with all your documentation.

Take no notice of the crap above, that is just PR.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 05-09-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 5th Jun 18, 5:13 PM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 847 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Check this latest {text removed by MSE Investigator} out from 24/7 on what a service is!!

TP

Bad quality of the service at 247 Home Rescue
    I booked a boiler service from 24/7 home rescue and was told that engineers will contact me within 28 days to set an appointment to service my boiler.

However, nobody contacted me over 30 days but 24/7 home rescue had charged for the boiler service a month ago. When I contacted 24/7 home rescue again they said they will assign an engineer soon.

Finally an engineer came, saying that "I will spend about 10 to 15 minutes here to have a quick check as I have another appointment at 12am." In fact, the engineer just had a visual check and did not service the boiler at all. When I told him that I booked for a boiler service the engineer said he did not bring a vacuum cleaner and other tools and he cannot stay here longer than 10-15 minutes as he was running out of time.

I reported this issue to 24/7 service department. But I had not received any response until I chased them four times. The replied below:
    "First, let us express our deepest apologies. You deserve only the best service, especially when you have experienced an emergency. Second, we are questioning our staff and will take appropriate action. Finally, I would like to personally give you assurances that we take matters of this nature very seriously and will take whatever action necessary to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for reporting this incident."

This did not resolve the problem. So I contacted them again. They asked "what do you want?". I said "I want either a refund or doing a real boiler service." They said "no, we cannot do that." "We have carried out an annual inspection. This is a visual check on your boiler. I hope this clarifies the matter raised". Clearly they admitted that they only did a visual check on my boiler. In 24/7 home rescue, they lied, taking a visual check on boiler as a boiler service.

However, when I contacted their booking department and asked what a boiler service includes. They said it is a complete boiler service, at least including

!!!8226; A flue check to ensure the boiler is ventilated properly
    !!!8226; A control check to ensure the boiler!!!8217;s controls work properly
    !!!8226; A pressure check, to ensure the water and gas pressure of the boiler is as it should be

However, the engineer did not do that.

I would not recommend 24/7 home rescue.

Below was the replay from 247 Home Rescue. But they have not come back yet.

Reply from 247 Home Rescue
    Published Thursday, December 14, 2017
    Hi Dech,

Please accept our apology, the above has been escalated to our Service Delivery Manager whom will be looking into this as a matter of urgency and will come back to you shortly.

Thanks

24|7 Home Rescue
    Last edited by MSE Investigator; 06-06-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    • Bat71
    • By Bat71 6th Jun 18, 10:12 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Bat71
    Yes, will put in a claim, and yes can see the PR (so transparent)

My point is that I don't think they care too much about social media comments or they try to shut them down, or drown them in paid for reviews.

There are plenty of people complaining on this forum or on other websites/twitter

With so many unhappy customers, I would urge people to make a small claim if they can as that is what will hit them more than anything on social media. There is a fee but worth it if you have been fleeced for £100s.

Repeated small claims against a company is going to start to ring alarm bells,which is why they pay out, I would also recommend anyone affected reporting them to action fraud
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 6th Jun 18, 4:58 PM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 847 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Bat71

Any money you pay on a sliding scale against 24/7 for a SC. They will get billed for in the final claim..
    • Bat71
    • By Bat71 6th Jun 18, 5:07 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Bat71
    Good, I think a lot more people should be doing this!
    • zaax
    • By zaax 6th Jun 18, 6:19 PM
    • 1,844 Posts
    • 733 Thanks
    zaax
    Did you get anything in writting to say the boiler had been serviced?
    If the fitter has not done his job they said they did they can lose their licence.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
    • Mikyl
    • By Mikyl 14th Jun 18, 10:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mikyl
    Poor reliability and bad customer service
    I would like to share with you my very upsetting case and disappointing experience I had with 24/7 Home Rescue.

On the 29th of May I arranged an “emergency” call out to repair my boiler (all day slot). This was supposed to be free of charge, nevertheless I was charged £45(!). On the day the engineer was unable to repair it as some parts needed to be ordered. He deemed the boiler unsafe, switched it off, leaving me, my wife and 16-month-old baby without heating or hot water (!). I was promised a quick resolution. On 30th of May, 247 scheduled boiler repairs for the 4th of June (another all day slot!), without my approval. I had to reschedule for the 7th as I was unable to arrange a day off. As it was another all-day slot I had to arrange a full day off with my employer, which was difficult as I am a pharmacist working for a large company and finding a cover on such a short notice was challenging. However, with a little baby in the household, fixing the boiler was a high priority, which my employer fortunately acknowledged.

In the afternoon, the 7th of June, I received a call from claims department saying that the engineer won’t be attending my property as he doesn’t have tools to repair the boiler (they had a whole week to arrange!). Very unpleasant customer assistant Anrika informed me that the next earliest available day was Monday the 11th of June (!) (another all day slot) and she couldn’t do much about it. When I asked to speak to the manger I was told she was on her lunch but would ring me as soon as she was free. When the manager Cortney rang, she was equally unsupportive, couldn’t explain what happened and the only option she gave me was to reschedule for Monday the 11th. When I mentioned that I have a baby in the house and haven’t had hot water for a week she said, she knew all that but there was nothing she could do to fix the problem.
    On the 8th of June I receive a phone call from Cortney “the manager”. She advised that there was a cancellation and she could schedule repairs for Sunday the 10th. As inconvenient as it was due to my wedding anniversary and previously made arrangement, having wellbeing of my child in mind I thanked Cortney and took the opportunity to finally sort out the issue. I had to call some of the weeding anniversary plans off too.
    Saturday around 5.30pm I received a phone call form Amy from claims department. She announced that the engineer won’t be attending on Sunday. Apparently, there were no parts available to perform repairs. (after 10 days of waiting and assurance that all was in place!). Amy offered to reschedule for Monday the 11th. (obviously she hasn’t read my notes, which I deemed incompetent).

So, there we go, I have paid for the insurance whole year up front, plus £45 call out fee, plus £90 excess, plus £120 for parts (although I have been previously led to believe that parts were covered by the insurance), and still no heating nor hot water. Lots of phone calls, empty promises and empty conversations with incompetent members of 247 Home Rescue
    Team and still no resolution. It has been two weeks already, we have been forced by 247 to live in these conditions. Our quality of life has been affected by actions of 247 Home Rescue. My poor son suffers from rhinitis now and I am sure it was caused by cold low temperature in the house and lack of hot water for daily hygiene. As a pharmacist I pride myself for delivery of great patient care, knowledge, professional advice and reliability. Due to my personal and work commitments I am unable to organise a day off for another month however at the same time my family can’t live without heating or hot water. I am highly disappointed from the service I have received. It is very upsetting how the company is treating its customers. But most of all, actions of 247 Home Rescue are putting at risk my baby’s health and wellbeing.
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 18th Jun 18, 9:09 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Dear Mikeyl

Thank you for your review. In order to ensure this matter is dealt with promptly and the areas of your complaints are investigated, please would you be kind enough to contact me via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • username02
    • By username02 20th Jun 18, 11:13 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    username02
    I used to work for 247 Home Rescue. They used to cold call people, many were on the Telephone Preference Service to avoid cold calls, pretending to be a price comparison company called Switch Saver UK who noticed people in their area were being overcharged for boiler cover, and whenever any sucker fell for it then we'd transfer them to a 247 Home Rescue closer, as 247 Home Rescue always were coincidentally the cheapest company Switch Saver UK could find. What do you say to that, Lauren?
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 20th Jun 18, 12:50 PM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 847 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Dear Mikeyl

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Originally posted by 247homerescue

This is the standard reply {text removed by MSE Forum Team}. We never hear it goes further. Just a copy and paste as normal.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 05-09-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 26th Jun 18, 9:47 AM
    • 19,427 Posts
    • 13,628 Thanks
    molerat
    On Rip Off Britain BBC1.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • ddaddy
    • By ddaddy 26th Jun 18, 10:06 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ddaddy
    Just watching this now. They sound great don't they!

Just waiting for {text removed by MSE Forum Team}:
    Thank you for your review BBC. In order to ensure this matter is dealt with promptly and the areas of your complaints are investigated, please would you be kind enough to contact me.

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 05-09-2018 at 11:24 AM.
    • PhilipV6
    • By PhilipV6 28th Jun 18, 9:19 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    PhilipV6
    Congratulations 24/7 on appearing on Rip Off Britain! Very well deserved!
    • Brent
    • By Brent 28th Jun 18, 10:46 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Brent
    A relative, recently widowed and not computer savvy has an account- (If you're watching 24/7 Rescue it's MS0211517). £9.60 a month. It was arranged over the phone, has no documents and has not signed a direct debit agreement. Called to arange boiler service and was told it would cost £60. Rep agreed to waive the charge on this occasion only. Man came to service boiler and said the panel was jammed so he couldn't remove it to do the job. He allegedly carried out a 'basic' service by looking at it. Confirmed with 24/7 that callouts impose a charge, including cost of parts. Asked what the £9.60 a month was for and got no answer, so went to the bank and cancelled the direct debit. She already received a text stating she should call them.
    • mpat
    • By mpat 28th Jun 18, 12:00 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    mpat
    Small claims court procedure ?
    I feel my complaint has been misdealt with, unprofessionally (and not surprisingly). 247 has failed to refund me the money that I spent as an emergency, to repair my boiler, via a local engineer. On top of that, last week they direct-debited some money from my bank. This is despite the fact that I had been confirmed to have free service until August (a separate overcharging issue that they accepted and compensated me with few free months). They are taking a biscuit now. There is only so much disdain someone can take !

To recover that money, I am now thinking of taking this at a next level up.

* Would the small claims court be the next step ?
    * Can anyone who's done it, PM me please ?
    * Can someone confirm if the moneyclaims.service.gov.uk is where I begin the process ?

Regards
    Last edited by mpat; 28-06-2018 at 12:05 PM. Reason: add extra ifo
    • WhoIsThat
    • By WhoIsThat 28th Jun 18, 1:10 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    WhoIsThat

To recover that money, I am now thinking of taking this at a next level up.

* Would the small claims court be the next step ?
    * Can anyone who's done it, PM me please ?
    * Can someone confirm if the moneyclaims.service.gov.uk is where I begin the process ?

Regards
    Originally posted by mpat
    What do you wish to know about the small claims process?
    Why do you want me to PM you?
    If you are find thing the straightforward instructions on the URL you provide too taxing, I suggest you seek independent legal advice.
    (Note: you cannot normally recover the cost of legal advice/representation in a small claims court action, as it is designed to be really simple and starightforward for 99.9% of people to follow and so act without legal support, but of you are falling into that 0.1% that is struggling, then legal advice is certainly the way forward as you could end up losing £1000's)
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 28th Jun 18, 3:36 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Dear mpat

As you had instructed an independent engineer to attend to the fault you were aware that this was not covered under the terms and conditions of your agreement which means that we are not be liable for any costs as you did this at your own discretion.

With reference to the payment we believe that this was refunded to you and the matter had been closed.

Should you wish to have this clarified again then please do not hesitate to contact us at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Last edited by 247homerescue; 03-09-2018 at 1:08 PM. Reason: Grammar error
    Verified Company
    • mpat
    • By mpat 28th Jun 18, 4:16 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    mpat
    Hi Lauren,

Yes. I just called your helpdesk and you are right, the direct-debited money should be on its way to my bank account.

The original issue of recovering my engineer's money - I do not wish to comment on that anymore. Not to you guys anyways. All I can say is that Its all down to the contract - its wording and the mismatch of the interpretations on both sides. There is no point in raising it again, not here of all the places. And since your admin had already closed my complaint stating the reasons that I do not agree with, I now need to look outside the realms of your processes.

Thanks for your comment.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,615Posts Today

10,333Users online

Martin's Twitter