Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • molokoid
    • By molokoid 29th Jun 08, 5:46 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 14Thanks
    molokoid
    Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?
    • 29th Jun 08, 5:46 PM
    Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route? 29th Jun 08 at 5:46 PM
    Hi all,

Moved into a house in Jan that has a bulk LPG tank, which was previously supplied (and the tank is owned by) Calor. The contract they were really keen for me to sign was quite a restrictive lock in one and after speaking and a bit of negotiating they dropped the standing charge and discounted the pence per litre by 12%. This only made me sceptical that they had a lot of fat in the price anyway and there seems to be limited information available on the net about bulk lpg supply (lots of websites that will find you the cheapest supply for a fee!). Seems to be crying out for a MSE article if there are enough bulk lpg owners out there.

Anyway, i read that there is some sort of regulation coming into the market which allows me to choose the supplier i wish and in turn they buy the tank off the previous owners. This seems to be a more market competitive way of doing it, but i can't find out when this is due to happen.

Are there any bulk lpg owners out there that can give me some advice?

TIA
Page 157
    • Mister G
    • By Mister G 1st May 18, 5:58 PM
    • 563 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    Mister G
    Another vote for the small independent supplier, if you are lucky enough to have one nearby!
    • Juliandicks
    • By Juliandicks 2nd May 18, 10:31 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Juliandicks
    Woldlink back on the money with Gas pricing
    Unlike some on the forum I wasn't lucky enough to have signed up to Woldlink's original monthly deal and have seen their price falling whilst mine has been increasing thanks to Flogas very generous price increases over the past 6 months.

Anyway end of contract spoke to Woldlink as they have always been helpful and seemingly just as frustrated with high pricing structure as me, they came back with an alternative supplier and pricing at a price i thought was very good, so definitely worth giving a chance.

27 pence per litre fixed for 12 months with a cap of 3p in any 6 month period second year. (Based on 3000 litre per year usage)

http://www.woldlink.co.uk/bulk-gas-domestic-lpg-pricing/
    • bobmac62
    • By bobmac62 2nd May 18, 12:43 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    bobmac62
    Woldlink pricing for may 2018
    New monthly pricing for May reveals a 1p increase from April to 29.95 ppl +5% VAT.
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 4th May 18, 7:43 PM
    • 8,135 Posts
    • 40,134 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Hi all, I've been asked to post a list of the offers I had when looking for a new LPG supplier

We're in SK postcode area, 2000 litre tank, no idea of estimated usage yet (2 of us in a 3 bed detached house). Used about 40% of the tank in the last 2 (rather cold and quite snowy!) months.

Calor
    (existing supplier, although we've just moved into the house so we've had no contract with them)
    Initial price: 37ppl + vat for 1 year
    Maximum rise: 'variable' price in second year
    Tank rental: 63 a year
    Contract length: 2 years

Bywater Gas (local ish)
    Initial price: 39ppl +vat
    Maximum rise: none - no contract
    Tank rental: 66 a year
    Contract length: none (yes, really)

Woldlink (contract would be with Avanti)
    Initial price: 29.5ppl
    Maximum rise: 3p per 6 months in second year
    Tank rental: 63 a year
    Contract length: 2 years

We're going for Woldlink - they're sending someone out to check the tank next week.
    Mortgage over payments since Feb 2018 = 419.34
    • bf772
    • By bf772 23rd May 18, 12:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bf772
    LPG Compare
    I am with flogas and with thanks to LPG compare website they found me the cheapest quote on a two year contract. I got 150 gas free and paid 29p first year then it went up to 36p this year. When contract ends in August I will be in touch with LPG compare as they shop around for you to get you the best deal...all for free!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,703Posts Today

7,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin