What small DFW things will you do w/c 9th July?

Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 July 2018 at 8:48PM
    Options
    Hope work goes ok for you tomorrow Ally
    Pleased you had a better day BB :)

Not much planned today, but sometimes that works out better... we will see!

Check banks and update spreadsheet Done
    Clean another room / floor - probably main bathroom today, as the black and white tiles on the floor show every speck of dust :(Done, liking this clean one room a day idea :)
    Need a couple of items of shopping Done
    Go to sales unit and tidy up /see what restocking needed, if any! Had a few sales, added a couple of small bits but really need to take more things down tomorrow :T Sorted some bits out to take, still need to price up.
    Feed tomatoes and other veg in pots Done - tomato liquid fertiliser (which is what I use for all fruit, veg and flowers in pots) was one of the things on my list. Got a big bottle for £1.99 in the pound-ish shop :)
    Water anything else that needs it Done - I have a combi boiler, and it is shocking the amount of water that runs before it starts to heat up :eek: I keep a clean bowl to catch this instead of it running down the drain. Not enough for all the watering that I need to do, but enough for some, and saves waste :)
    Food from home, though meal planning has failed and I have no idea what we are going to have for dinner :o It will definitely be something we already have in though![/QUOTE] OH has gone fishing, so haven't acually cooked anything yet - there is some filled pasta in the fridge though, some HM tomato sauce out of the freezer and Grana Padano to grate over!

Walked dog, which, with my walk to town this morning (a couple of miles there and back) is a reasonable amount of exercise for an old 'un. I am so pleased to be able to do this again :)

Pulled some airbeds and the pump thing to blow them up from the cupboard under the stairs, listed on FB selling pages. I had pretty much forgotten about these, but would regularly swear about the mystery item blocking up the back of the cupboard when trying to put the hoover away :o Someone is apparently coming to pick them up tomorrow, but if they don't, others are interested. Result - they will get a bargain as they are good quality and hardly used, and I will get more space in my hoover/ airer / ironing board etc cupboard :D

Took some unlovable looking fruit from the bowl on the dining room table, 4 clementines and a large orange which had lost that fresh, glossy look. Cut them in half, squeezed juice, shredded peel, which is currently soaking in advance of being turned into marmalade tomorrow, with the addition of some lemon juice and sugar :)

Just about to triage the fridge, and then I think I deserve a small glass of wine!
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 July 2018 at 7:18PM
    Options
    Hi July-Penny-Jailers,

Back to work. :think:

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

THINGS I WILL DO:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Take medication. Done.

* Turn alarm clock off at the wall til tonight. Done.

* Get some exercise. Done. Parked 10 mins away from work and walked in.

* Take a packed lunch and coffee sachets. Done.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Hmm, been awol and it's been tricky but tried to keep the MSE faith however couple of things were outside my control. Mainly hospital parking fees :eek: anyway time to refocus today will be:
    Check banking, pet insurance payment in, moved money to replenish piggy
    Check banking
    Check for surveys
    Small shopping list
    Triage fridge, that *may* have fallen by the wayside over the weekend
    Quick tidy round
    Print off a couple of things
    Water the garden, feed the tomatoes
    Put some washing away - no ironing here :T
    Message a local artist about some gifts to see if they are in stock.

Hope everyone is ok, be kind to yourselves. Purps.
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 July 2018 at 4:40PM
    Options
    Morning folks

Ally - I hope your first day back goes ok

BB - glad that yesterday was a bit better

sorry purps - we cross-posted. I hope you're ok

I got some new sandals. Not really what I was looking for but £20 for Jack Wolfskin ones and they will do for now until I find something better. I'm looking for a good blend of walking sandal, but pretty-ish. These are a bit chunky and functional but keep me trucking along.

So today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • charge phone in work - done
    • water garden
    • ring dentist to check app time for tomorrow - done. Not nearly as early as I thought luckily
    • Going to watch the match but am not drinking.
    Have a good one all

clf x

*slight rant coming*
    Maybe I shouldn't ask OH to do the lunch because essentially I didn't get my arris in gear to make them this morning but I feel like I wrote some very specific instructions that he's not managed to follow. My mozzarella salad is mozzarella-less. And I think we have significantly different interpretations of the words "finely diced". And he dumped the hot onions and pearl barley in with all the lettuce etc so now I have a soggy, limp, proteinless bowl of salad. bork.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 July 2018 at 9:54PM
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Got a few things done so far:
    Made a batch of marmalade - though I fear it looks as though it will be a bit sloppy and I will need to tip it back into the pan and boil it up again :(I think it will be ok :)
    Checked banks, moved some money, a matured regular saver which the bank had dumped into an account paying a small fraction of a percent interest.
    Hoovered bottom flight of stairs
    Sold unwanted airbeds and their pump on FB :D

Walked to sales unit with a load of stock in my shopping trolley - OH is out in the car, and I didn't fancy trying to manoevre the camper van round the narrow, sharp bend to the back entrance of the shop where my unit is situated :eek:
    Did a bit of shopping in Iceland as I was passing - I wanted bread and fruit, also bought a YS pack of minced pork. Bought 2 loaves, 400g minced pork, bananas, oranges and clementines for £1.35, plus a £5 shopping voucher from RM surveys that had been in my bag for ages :)

Still to do:
    Update spreadsheet Done
    Water garden - and I think I will move a large potted fuchsia from the back into the front garden to cover up an ugly bare patch on the border - no spend needed there! Done
    More cleaning - main bedroom today, and I have some stuff to put away in the spare room too. Done
    Reboil marmalade if it doesn't sort itself out. No need :D

Hope you are ok Purps - Don't like the sound of all that hospital parking :eek:
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Wednesday Winners,
    Not my most productive of days as had a long meeting to attend this morning but have managed a bit of a list:
    *Got dropped off in town by mr f which saved £4.50 parking charge.
    *Cheese on toast for lunch to use up 2 stale slices of bread.
    *Defrosted tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Bought tomato food - £1.50 a bottle, which is £1.49 less than the last bottle.
    *Resisted Monsoon sale.
    *Free fitness as easily surpassed my 7000 daily step target by walking round town then up to my meeting.
    *Watered veggies - will feed later when cooler.
    *Weeded sweetcorn & staked. About to start on the remaining third of that raised bed where I have 2 squash plants.
    *Slightly tweaked meal plans so as to use some homegrown courgettes in a pasta dish.
    *Put 500g bag of pinto beans into soak as am batch cooking refried beans tomorrow.
    *Finish sock no.1 of pair I'm knitting for a Christmas present.
    And apart from ensuring I avoid all things footie-related tonight......that's my lot!
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • allydowd
    Options

Ally - I hope your first day back goes ok.

Thanks. It was "character-building". :eek::rotfl:
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    Options
    * Froze wilting radishes (sliced up) to use in a stir fry later.
  • allydowd
    edited 12 July 2018 at 8:20PM
    Options
    Hi July-Penny-Jailers,

Work day 2/4.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

THINGS I WILL DO:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Take medication. Done.

* Turn alarm clock off at the wall til tonight. Done.

* Get some exercise. Done. Walk before walk. Walk after work.

* Take a packed lunch and coffee sachets. Done.

* Charge phone at work. Done.

* Make a Fridge Shrapnel Salad for tomorrow. Done.

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

My list for today:

Check banking
    Check surveys
    Get something out of the freezer for tea
    Spend some time trying to work out why I moved £251 out of our current acecount on Saturday to a random savings account
    Spend a bit of time in the garden
    Keep a eye on the washing machine, it's playing up
    Drink lots of water
    Print of a form I didn't get round to yesterday
    Work out meal plan for next week based on what we have. Don't really want to be spending.

Enjoy your day folks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport